Delay Repay over multiple train companies

Hello all,

I'm not sure how this is going to work when I claim a delay repay, but I will explain...

I have one ticket purchased through trainline.com that covered me for my whole journey - this should have involved 2 changes of train and 3 train companies (GWR, South West Trains and Southern).

The first train was delayed meaning I missed my connecting train.
This meant I had to get on more trains with more changes in order to reach my destination.
Every single train I got on was delayed.

I arrived at my destination 50 minutes later than I should have done according to the original ticket/schedule.

Who do I claim the delay repay from?
Will they allow me to explain the inconvenience suffered by having to get 5 different trains, rather than 3?
Will they reject my claim based on having to use 3 different companies?

Many thanks
SJ

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,432
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 5 November 2018 at 1:56PM
    sjaeagle5 wrote: »
    I arrived at my destination 50 minutes later than I should have done according to the original ticket/schedule.

Who do I claim the delay repay from?
    You claim from whoever caused the delay - in your case the train operating company running your first train.

It really is that simple.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Although sadly with GWR they operate the old school passenger charter scheme so with only a 50 minute delay it might be rejected for being under an hour.

Depends on the services (as I know there is a 30 minute limit for services which operate on the former First Great Western Link network for journey times of under an hour).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure