IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NPE Earlham House Norwich - Parking Charge

I too have been issued a parking charge whilst pulling my car up on the side of Earlham House to look for directions.

The Charge was for 'Not delivery to Earlham House Shopping Center' although I was not parked in the delivery bays but had stopped on the other side of the road where there are no double yellow lines and no signage at all stating you can't stop there. I was there for 14 minutes.

I have followed the advice on the MSE site and appealed using the advised template in step 1, however having been away have failed to complete stage 2 which is to appeal to IPC and now according to their website I am outside of the allotted timescale for appeals.

I have now received a debt recovery letter from DRP. Out of principle I refuse to pay but what is the next step as I feel I should have had the opportunity to appeal to the IPC and worry now I have missed the boat.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    there is no "next step"

read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near the top of this forum

post #4 deals with IGNORING debt collector letters, plus there is a section that recommends NOT USING the IAS and reasons why

the PPC has 6 years to issue an MCOL and take you to court

come back to this thread if you receive either an LBC or an MCOL within that 6 years

get evidence for now like pictures of the area , signage etc (or lack of signage and road markings) - keep everything including evidence and paperwork in a folder for 6 years
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Write to your MP.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week, hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. It has even been suggested that some of these companies have links with organised crime.

Watch the video of the Second Reading and committee stage in the House of Commons recently. MPs have a very low opinion of this industry.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting)

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by in the not too distant future..
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Grimble
    Grimble Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 November 2018 at 5:11PM
    NPE have not done court as a claimant, scummy little company. You will get DRP and Zenith, also solicitors headed paper which says contact one of these beggars. You only need to come back if you get a Letter Before Claim from the scum or their solicitors.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure