Noddle - Callcredit

Not sure if anyone can shed any light on this and perhaps it would be helpful if one Mr Martin Lewis can explain it if he gets the chance.

Four years ago I signed up to Noddle at Martin's recommendation. There was a good deal of information on there that was not correct so I got it sorted out.

Then Two years ago I disputed quite a few elements on Noddle and they refused to put it right. They said that their scores are different to that of Experian and Equifax, so I had to let it go.

Last week I logged in to my Noddle account. For over a year there has been no notable change in anything on my credit report. Both Experian and Equifax hold high scores on me. Noddle fluctuates wildy from month to month. There is no consistency at all to how they score despite my financial history being so stable.

Last month I had a Fair listing with Noddle. Last week I log in and it is now Poor yet there is absolutely no categorical reason for them to do this. I contacted a friend of ours who is a bank manager and he told us that very few companies use Callcredit because their information is not exactly reliable. His "golfing buddy" has a private account with Coutts and he tell us he is more than overly solvent, but yet he cannot get his score to raise above Fair with Noddle and yet it is top scores with Equifax. He does get bombarded though with Noddle Improve!

He has long held suspicions that the way they are processing data and reporting it is not done with integrity.

I went back to my Equifax account and all was good. Had a good friend check it over and they advised me that they felt that Noddle (Callcredit) are not acting correctly. So, I put in a formal complaint and there is no surprise to say that they are still hiding behind their algorythyms as the reason. They do not uphold my complaint (I knew they would not) and have said their scoring is only an indication.

There is no possible way that Noddle can act in the way they are smashing my credit report from week to week (previously month to month and it was very up and down as well) when all throughout my credit files remain stable. There is simply no reason to act in the way that they are.

Back to bank manager friend - he has long harboured the suspicion that this is down to the fact that Noddle want everyone to sign up to their Noddle Improve paid for service so that you get a better credit score. I am now thinking very much along the same lines because there is simply zero explanation as to why Noddle are acting the way they are.

Does anyone else have any experience of this please?
Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 January 2019 at 3:53PM
    What is it that Noddle is not processing correctly?

Their scores are just as made up and just as useless as the other CRAs, so it's unfair to just criticise them for giving you a fake score.

If, on the other hand, you feel that some of the data is incorrect, them ask them to correct that.

But never concern yourself with a made up number. It's not as if anyone but you sees them.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The scores are nothing more than a made up number and no one apart from you sees them. Why do you think that Noddle is incorrect and the others are correct ? As long as the data about your accounts is correct, as that is all that potential lenders will look at, ignore the score.
  • Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    The scores from Experian and Equifax remain fairly static, it is the fact that Noddle is so erractic going from Fair back to Poor then down to Very poor back up to Poor then up to Fair again that I am questioning their ethics and valididity in what they are doing and then I keep getting hit with this Noddle Improve that I am asking if anyone else has this?
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 January 2019 at 6:14PM
    They try to sell improvements services to everyone. They're not needed, but without making up some scores, they're difficult to sell.

Just focus on the data and forget the scores. Experian rate 18 year olds and bankrupts as 999. You may as well use your horoscope.
  • As everyone else says - ignore the scores, they are irrelevant and the only person that sees them is you.
    I agree with your opinion that Noddle show you a less than perfect score in order to tempt you to invest in their Noddle Improve product, as my scores on both Experian and Equifax are tip top and the maximum that they can be, yet Noddle is about 100 points less than perfect. All the information on the files is completely correct and that is what I check each month - the data entries, not the score.
    Concentrate on the data, not the made up headline number
    Mortgage = [STRIKE]£113,495 (May 2009)[/STRIKE] £67462.74 Jun 2019
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    @Rainy-Days,

I concur with the responses above but have a question regarding the reasons for your concerns.

Is the Noddle report in any way affecting your financial goals or aspirations? If not then I suggest that there is no need to have any concerns.

I check my reports with the three CRAs and my data has always been correct. I have several bank accounts and credit cards and have never been refused credit or any other financial products.
  • Over last 5 years or so my credit score has improved considerably on experian and clearscore, however on Noddle it has remained poor all the way through, everything is reported as up to date just the credit rating seems to never change from 1 out of 5.
  • Because it’s not a real number.

Did you not read this thread?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family