Cheap airport lounge access

Comments

• chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    I've seen many people try to blag access to lounges. Never seen it work. I suppose the exception is where somebody has pitched up and there is a more minor irregularity - eg a FF card just expired, or on one occasion a group of 5 where there were two gold FF cards which allowed a single extra guest (ie 2x2=4) and a sliver which allowed no access.

For a long time I had the "top" status with an airline which allowed me to take in two guests and this was regardless of flights being taken. I always travelled alone so rarely needed this. But if I saw far flung brits I'd always proactively offer to take them in. I remember an elderly couple who said it had made their trip - this was a lounge that had proper waiter service and a spa.

So I'd suggest that if you spot a lone traveller with a FF card (perhaps at check-in) then be cheeky. Ask them if they have and spare lounge access and if they will get you in. (Eg gold star alliance allows you to invite one extra person in.)
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    So I'd suggest that if you spot a lone traveller with a FF card (perhaps at check-in) then be cheeky. Ask them if they have and spare lounge access and if they will get you in. (Eg gold star alliance allows you to invite one extra person in.)

Please don't follow this advice - it's really cringe-worthy.
    Legal team on standby
  • Has anyone used the My Lounge at Gatwick North? Just seen its £13.50 so was thinking even if its rubbish I would probably spend that on a few drinks before I fly.
  • alund
    alund Posts: 3 Newbie
    Pedrobandito,

where did you see this price please can you give a link
  • It was on the MSE Airport Lounge guide page but the offer had to be booked by the 24th July for use by the end of the year.
  • alund
    alund Posts: 3 Newbie
    Thanks for the clarification
  • I booked access to the lounge at Birmingham airport via the MSE code. The confirmation email won't show in full either on my laptop or on my computer at work I get some content along with the message "This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be".

There are two QR codes for the express lane (presumably one for each person booked for) but when I try to print the email the QR codes don't print.

Do I need to print the codes or can I show them on a device? Do these codes grant access to the lounge or is there something else which isn't showing on the email that I need?

Sorry if this seems a stupid question!
  • Hello Used the No 1 lounge Gatwick north 24 aug after grabbing a Money saving expert offer saving £18 for three of us. What was good added speedy passage to security check at no extra charge so saved queing,which meant more time in lounge, food was good and drinks very quiet in library was it worth £72 for peace and quiet YES free magazines and had we more time could have had more food and drink. and if flying with easyjet it seems your close to there gates.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Does anyone know if there is a discount code for the lounge at East Midlands?
  • I got No1 at Heathrow on a travelzoo deal, with a 10% promo only paid £20.50. Was a good deal. We got another entry free with ebookers bonus.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback