insurance advise

Options
Hi guys, in need of direction please, I took out landlord insurance with direct line, I added rent gaurentee and legal expense insurance, I started the eviction process of my tenant due to constant late and non-payment of rent, I went through Foxtons to obtain the tenant, paid Foxtons for this, I made a claim for rent guarantee and legal cover, had to jump through some big hoops to get information to the appointed solicitor, for them to come back and say the correct checks were not carried out by foxtons, the only thing that they are claiming is that a actual credit check wasn't carried out but now on obtaining the information from the company (Northrow) that carried out the AML (anti money laundering) checks they also do Bankrupcy, IVA CCJ checks as well as checks by Equifax, they can't hand over certain information to me because of data protection, but have stated that they will speak to the solicitor to confirm that these checks were carried out, If the solicitor still refuses to believe this what governing body does anyone recommend ?I can't let this go I £5k out of pocket due to one issue, as we know insurance will do anything not to pay out but I will not let this rest I have done nothing wrong and everything by the book.
Thank you

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family