Precisionglas

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    If you've contracted with a LTD company then he won't care about CCJs against the company - he'll just do what he always seems to be doing ... closing the LTD company and phoenixing as a new LTD company. The important part is being able to get a CCJ against the person - that way you can pursue against his personal assets rather than the (non-existent) assets of the closed LTD company.
  • stuartJo1989
    stuartJo1989 Posts: 461 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2018 at 1:58AM
    One (sometimes) very useful strategy it checking on Companies House website...

Then go on "Filing History"

Here's one I made earlier: (:rotfl: )

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10194039/filing-history

If you go way back to the "Incorporation" document you usually, but not always, find a HOME address which was provided upon registration. In this particular case an "Andrew Mongan" has provided a residential address in Jarrow (not far from the best football club in the world).

Now.... Give me a "thanks" if you agree that this would be a potentially wicked place to send a Letter Before Action to request your money back or, if necessary, serve court action papers to ;)
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    See DoaM's post above yours. LBA to the person is pointless if the money was paid to the company.
  • unforeseen wrote: »
    See DoaM's post above yours. LBA to the person is pointless if the money was paid to the company.

Well, I wasn't suggesting that you address the LBA to the PERSON.

I was suggesting that you address it to the company, but serve it to the (probable) home address of the sole director which is information in the public domain.

More so if the business addresses are being closed down frequently.

Also, him knowing that you know his address may prompt communication/payment.
  • Good evening everyone,

Has anyone found any more details about Andrew Mongan? Date of birth or home address? We managed to find May 1975 as his date of birth and Dove Avenue as a possible address in Jarrow but we are not sure about this.

He has taken £520.00 from us for a mirror splashback through his company Bespoke Glass Ltd.
    We contacted Trading Standards and after not meeting several deadlines to give us a refund, we submitted a claim through MoneyClaims Online. He has also failed to meet their deadline and now we are requesting judgment. We have addressed the claim against the person. We used the address of Bespoke Glass in Stonehills Industrial Estate first but for the judgment we have used the Dove Avenue address.

Any information that could help us pursue this further? Has any of you succeeded in getting their money back?

Thanks a lot.
  • Hi

I wanted to see how you got on with getting your money back from Andy? I’ve recently paid him a lot of money and he hasn’t delivered. I’ll be looking to take court action so it would be interesting to see how you got on.

He has a website of Bespoke Glass Ltd but this was dissolved some time ago. It looks like he now owns Bespoke Glass and Mirrors Ltd.

Thanks.
  • Hi Mike,

I'm so sorry to hear you have also been a victim of this disgusting man; and I'm enraged that he keeps doing the same over and over again.

Unfortunately, I cannot give you good news. Despite all the procedures, we have not got back any money. He keeps in regular contact, promising all sort of stuff, calling desperate in tears, playing a victimised role. The bailiff we sent out to collect the money has not been able to get hold of him because we are not sure where he is based (either home or company) and is proving extraordinarily elusive.

I still encourage you to enforce the procedure through MoneyClaims Online using the details in the posts above.

Sorry not to give you any hope, we are in the same !!!!!! situation.
  • I have seen on gov house his address is 9 st davids way fellgate
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Lyn_proud wrote: »
    I have seen on gov house his address is 9 st davids way fellgate

Where exactly have you found this?
  • Gov house
    Bespoke glass and mirrors
    His address and name is there

He also has another website
    Iwantasplasback.com