NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Roseanne1
    Roseanne1 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    I had a look at my credit report and an old HSBC account was closed on 12th February, which would tie in with opening the account at the beginning of February and switching within seven working days to Natwest. It was an old HSBC account I hadn't used in a while and there was no balance so that would tie up with there being no balance transferred over as part of the switch.

I'm certain that I switched. I done a switch for myself and my mother. She didn't get any of the confirmations during the process but her bonus was paid in albeit a few days late.

Thanks for the replies.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Roseanne1 wrote: »
    I had a look at my credit report and an old HSBC account was closed on 12th February, which would tie in with opening the account at the beginning of February and switching within seven working days to Natwest. It was an old HSBC account I hadn't used in a while and there was no balance so that would tie up with there being no balance transferred over as part of the switch.
    Is it possible you've switched the HSBC account to one of the other banks you were doing switches to at the time?

For future switches it is worth making sure there is a balance in the account, I make it a specific amount including some pennies so it is easier to spot the payment going in to the switched-to account. And if there are no direct debits coming out of the account I usually set up a small standing order to one of my other accounts.

Although it is still technically a switch, switching an account with zero balance and no outgoing payments is almost inviting problems.

You should also have had communication from HSBC saying that a switch request had been made... did you not get that either?
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Agree with eachpenny - switching a zero balance unused account with no dd or so or payments is pushing it a bit and you will find it hard to argue about getting a switch bonus - what exactly were you switching !
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Roseanne1 wrote: »

I'm certain that I switched. I done a switch for myself and my mother. She didn't get any of the confirmations during the process but her bonus was paid in albeit a few days late.

Thanks for the replies.

Phone Natwest and ask to speak to the switching team only. They will confirm if you switched or not. I had a few problems with Natwest and only after i spoke to the switching team was it sorted.
  • Roseanne1
    Roseanne1 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone. 18cc, it was an old HSBC account I hadn't used for a while hence no balance - that account definitely closed, as confirmed by HSBC, but the sort code they gave me for who it was switched to was Nationwide. It is not like me not to make sure there are at least a few pennies in the accounts I am switching, I will definitely be more careful in the future.

My credit report updates in a few days so I'll see if any other accounts added to the closed list ring any bells with me and, if all else fails, I will have a bash at phoning the switching team.

If I get no joy, I'll just cut my losses (not that I've really lost anything:rotfl:), switch to Barclays for their offering and then, if Natwest run another offer, I can go for that one. :T

Thanks again everyone, I'll let you know how I go. :D
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a heads up- it is very useful to keep a list of which accounts you held and the month that they were opened simply because that was the type of multi choice question asked by Experian when opening the Barclays account this week.
    Luckily I knew that if it was January it must be NatWest!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • 18cc
    Options
    Agree with Katie Hound don't get me started on opening a Barclays account and Experian I couldn't understand half the questions let alone answer them hence I'm off to the branch with ID today!
  • 18cc
    Options
    One of the questions was how much is my monthly gas bill well it's news to me that experian knows how much my gas bill is particularly when I have a dual fuel tariff with only one direct debit what do they want me to do separate out an estimate of gas and electricity!
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    One of the questions was how much is my monthly gas bill well it's news to me that experian knows how much my gas bill is particularly when I have a dual fuel tariff with only one direct debit what do they want me to do separate out an estimate of gas and electricity!

I had a similar thing with PO savings. The call centre staff asked me for the 'place was born'. I couldn't remember telling them when I set the security up, but gave the town name anyway. I failed the check and the call was terminated. I called back to complain, but had to go through security again. Same question came up.

At this point I protested strongly that I hadn't given that information when applying, and if I had they had just failed me on the same question. The CSA insisted every customer had to give the 'place they were born' when applying. Eventually I worked out their definition of 'place you were born' is actually 'Country of birth'. And obviously for security reasons if a customer says "Little Giggleston" and the correct answer is "UK" the CSA is not permitted to clarify it is the country that they are asking for. :wall:
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • 18cc
    Options
    That is appalling! It is just typical of what is happening

one of the questions was - and I kid you not -
    which of the following represents the company you are a director of wy, ch, de, and as

I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about! it was only about 3 days later I realised that the wy were the first two letters of the company name of the management company of the flats where I live!

Compare that with my application with a starling account - it was like living on a different planet
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure