We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    It's a rubbish Summer Rummer................Bummer

So many words with the ending ummer :rotfl:
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    lir......have you ever been to beachfield reclamation yard ..in Wiltshire apparently. seen the online site but wondered if you'de seen first hand ???

Yes, I have.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Yes, I have.

any good? worth a visit ? :D
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Back after long road trip to a funeral in 3 parts, with many miles between two of them. She was a dear family member, suddenly taken from us, but fulfilling her wishes proved hard on some more elderly folks, who got lost on the 'mystery tour!':rotfl:....414 miles on the clock in our car.:eek:

Was briefly in the NF yesterday, alfie, but it was dank/dismal early morning and we didn't stray from the big road.

Back to normal this morning, viewing a totally stripped out kitchen, but thinking that this is all very preferable to the rush hour in Slough! :D

Besides our builder whipping out everything from the kitchen that we hadn't managed over the weekend, the guy from the local young person's lifeskills/rehab place proved true to his word, so- they removed something like 2/3 of our remaining rubble yesterday! :j

Now, the big question for today is: will the electricians show up? :(
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »

Now, the big question for today is: will the electricians show up? :(

They did! :beer:

And Mr Rod, who's sussed things for later in the week.:j

And the rubble people want more.....:T

Must be our lucky day! :D
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    Options
    Small panic this morning when I smelt burning, turns out the C/H had kicked in and it was just dust on the radiators smelling 'hot' :doh:

Quick Youtube of the fish - https://youtu.be/PoonBWc5sK0
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a really horrid message left on phone by plumber demanding three times what was agreed & also telling us that he's taking us to court & also that we'd better have loads of buckets handy if we get someone else to put the water on.

What a nutter.....
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    Had a really horrid message left on phone by plumber demanding three times what was agreed & also telling us that he's taking us to court & also that we'd better have loads of buckets handy if we get someone else to put the water on.

What a nutter.....

Record this message, seriously......keep a record of it.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, it's so threatening. I will.

We've offered to pay him agreed amount to date. It has been waiting for him here in cash, but I don't think we'll give him cash even if he comes.

It's not actually bothering me as he is just so off the scale you can't take it seriously.

Off out to get another coat of paint on the dresser as I' off to Docs this afternoon. Pouring down & has the look of November re the light levels...yurk......
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What a twonk...

Personally if you feel it is threatening.. Phone the police, get them to listen to the message, and ask them could the plumber pick the cheque up from pi!ice station, or could they take it too him, so there is no contact...
    Work to live= not live to work
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure