Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@ F1Fan - I would advise speaking to the Post Office to ask why this is the case and go from there as if this can’t be amended at the Post Office’s side I am afraid we won’t be deemed as eligible for the purchase.

@ mrv – We have done what we do say we do and this is to pass on 100% of the cashback we are awarded for you purchase. I am afraid we cannot dispute the amount we have been provided for you purchase any further.

@ MidlandsGlory – If you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk we can sort this for you.

@ digital – If you also email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I can see if there is anything more we can do !!!128522;

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    @ digital – If you also email me at [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] I can see if there is anything more we can do !!!128522;

Best wishes,
    Matt

Hi Matt

I have emailed you. I have to say that I am seriously unimpressed with the way I and my claim are being treated.
    digital
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yeah classic TopCashBack treatment. I have cancelled my Premium membership and pretty much stopped using them until they sort two claims that I have with them. Both for Royal Caribbean Cashback -one is now since August 2016....I wonder if they will let it get to two years old?
    The actual holiday has been and gone, paid up, all done and dusted last May 2017 so still no Cashback after 12months of that.
    What a pile of crap TCB are, usual excuse waiting for retailer, but they seem to actually do sod all to fight for us their customer.
    Shame their service isnt covered by Consumer Rights Act, as to use that analogy, TCB would be held accountable as the retailer and they would have to fight their battle with the manufacturer or their supplier for support/protection
  • stemcgoo
    Options
    Yeah classic TopCashBack treatment. I have cancelled my Premium membership and pretty much stopped using them until they sort two claims that I have with them. Both for Royal Caribbean Cashback -one is now since August 2016....I wonder if they will let it get to two years old?
    The actual holiday has been and gone, paid up, all done and dusted last May 2017 so still no Cashback after 12months of that.
    What a pile of crap TCB are, usual excuse waiting for retailer, but they seem to actually do sod all to fight for us their customer.
    Shame their service isnt covered by Consumer Rights Act, as to use that analogy, TCB would be held accountable as the retailer and they would have to fight their battle with the manufacturer or their supplier for support/protection
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@digital - Cheers, we'll check this out we will look into this and get back asap.

@stemcgoo - I am sorry you feel that way. I'm going to turn your comments on their head a little bit just to put a different point of view on this.

Would you rather we gave your claim a specific time frame, say 12-16 weeks and then auto decline a claim? Do you think that would represent us caring for your claim? That of course is an option for us.

We as a company who want you to get your cashback have decided not to follow that route. It may speed up people getting a declined resolution we don't think that's fair to just stop perusing it if there is a chance of us getting the cashback.

Now, that's not to say it's acceptable for retailers or their networks to take two years to reply to us. This doesn't happen widely and as you say both of the claims that you have issues with are with one particular retailer. When it does we do have ways of proceeding to push for a resolution. This doesn't mean we get a response straight away.

Coming back to your comment about we don't care about you, if that was true we'd just decline your claim.

Just this week our team have got confirmed some long standing claims,if we didn't care those members wouldn't have got their cashback. We would have just give up on it.

We are just one player in the wider cashback system. We don't have a monopoly over it and yes we have to wait our turn for our claims to be looked into. It's not to say we're not working with the relevant parties to prevent things like this from happening.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • stemcgoo
    Options
    Wow, Matt, what a truly shocking, ill thought response.

Turn my point on its head? Take the morale high ground eh?

Essentially, blame the retailer is what this is.

I don't have a contract with the retailer. I have a contract with TCB. Your inability to manage your contract with the retailer should not be impacting my experience.

At this point it is clear TCB do not put any risk on their own position.

The point is at your suggested 12-16 week limit it shouldnt be auto-decline the claim, it should be auto-pay. You havent done your jobs correctly so accept your medicine and pay out.
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@stemcgoo - I am sorry you feel explaining things from our point of view, was the wrong thing to do.

The agreement between us and you is that we pass over to you cashback we are eligible for. When a claim is needed it means we are not eligible for the money. Not that we have failed.

The tracking network can see a lot more information than both you and us. If they have no evidence of us being eligible for the funds then they will refuse to pay us.

I am afraid we can't pay you the funds if we are not paid them as this would come out of out own pocket. However, if you do find as note on our site that says we pay out if we are not eligible for funds please can you let me know where you have seen this?

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    I am afraid we can't pay you the funds if we are not paid them as this would come out of out own pocket.

But it's a very big pocket. TopCashBack had £15m in the bank on the 31 December 2016.:)

It's a very profitable business. Perhaps it should invest a slice in maintaining customer goodwill?

And I think the pocket belongs to Mr and Mrs Tomkins and Mr Ragg.:)
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@antrobus - I think you'd have an issue with us using your cashback to fund other people's declined transactions.

We will always do what we can to help our members and provide the best service possible.

I am sorry that we haven't heard back about your claims, one of which was lodged to the network earlier this year and we will do what we can to get these done and sorted.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@antrobus - I think you'd have an issue with us using your cashback to fund other people's declined transactions. ..

You misunderstand, I was suggesting that TCB use some of it's own money. I was simply noting that it had quite a lot of money sloshing around.

I you used my money, it would be theft. TCB would have an issue with plod. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback