Tracking for sold items

Finally sold an item on ebay yay!!! (First one from 1st April)

Sent RM standard parcel £3 and am just wondering if I should be entering the ref number ( cert of posting) on ebay.
I know the service isn't tracked but with the new rules do I have to do this?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,164 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    moonpenny wrote: »
    Finally sold an item on ebay yay!!! (First one from 1st April)

Sent RM standard parcel £3 and am just wondering if I should be entering the ref number ( cert of posting) on ebay.
    I know the service isn't tracked but with the new rules do I have to do this?

Yes, to be eligible for use in case of an INR the delivery confirmation number must be uploaded before the estimated delivery date. There's no reason at all not to upload it anyway.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Won't help you this time, but if you buy the postage through ebay, then for a small parcel delivery confirmation is included.
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,430 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you! I will upload the number now.
    I always print my own postal labels but will keep this in mind.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,164 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    moonpenny wrote: »
    Thank you! I will upload the number now.
    I always print my own postal labels but will keep this in mind.

If you print your labels online via click and drop then you can link your eBay account to the system and again the number is uploaded automatically.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    also take a look at parcel2go, sometimes cheaper than RM . in it you can also import all your ebay sales and it updates ebay with tracking number and delivery details etc
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport