PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• Morning MrsSD and all

Well yesterday I got one drawer under our bed sorted. Got rid of clothing that I will never wear ...today I am in kitchen sorting a 3 drawer dresser.

I have one drawer complete and have chucked
    Pens
    Pencils
    old receipts
    postage dockets
    business cards
    dried up highligters
    and lots of undefined rubbish :)

Hope to get a few more bits pieces done today.

4 bags of items that I had been waiting to deliver to charity shop were dropped off yesterday. Will update bag total ... :)

£11.85 from me from receipt hog and shopmium:j
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lots of great decluttering going on. I'm always impressed when people can find the effort to list on selling sites or do car boots. I'm so lazy I invariably just CS it, even if I know it won't make much there. I justify my laziness by saying at least I'm donating to charity.

I haven't really done much this week as still recovering from a cold. However, we might be tackling DD's toys at the weekend. She is a hoarder and has an emotional attachment to everything but it's reached the point where her toys are now in 3 rooms and she can never find anything. I don't know if I'll convince her to part with anything but at the least I would like it sorted out so there aren't baby bottles in a drawer with Lego and Build a Bear clothes. She's only 8 so we probably still have a few years of joy from most of the toys and to be fair she really does play with everything.
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
  • Techno
    Techno Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Amycool - can you try a one toy in one toy out with her. It being her choice which toy to part with before a new one can come in. It worked for my niece who is also a hoarder.
    ;) If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
  • Neutral items sent=43

Also enclosed in the parcel 2 items DM gave me with her declutter that weren't staying. The items were getting shipped out straight away.

Could just do with a couple of boxes to send last few items and a main declutter item.
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Good morning one and all (at least I have started writing this post in the a.m. :rotfl: )

It has just started raining, rather heavily :( so not too sure that my F*tb*t will be happy today :rotfl:

I have bitten the bullet & emptied all 3 remaining wall unit drawers into a crate :p Now I just need to summon up the ‘mojo’ to sort it all out :o:o :rotfl:

Plans for the day are fluid but I do need to visit the sm.

Well Done sweetpea26 :T:T Clothing, drawers & bags to CS :T It is official :D you have caught the ‘Decluttering Bug’ :D

Amazing amount of pennies, never too old :money:

amycool - high five re your ‘confession’ - I must admit to being lazy as well when it comes to disposing of my clutter :o but having said that I really do enjoy finding items for the CS :D Plus they run crafting sessions, have set up various exercise classes + setting up a community garden & hopefully opening a cafeteria. Fingers crossed 🤞 that you can ‘encourage’ DD to release some of her toys to other children :D

See you all later

MrsSD
    568/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??

£11.85 from me from receipt hog and shopmium:j

oops posted on wrong forum:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • Welcome back Mrs SD and well done on your decluttering. You deserve one of them there gold stars too! 🌟

I took another bag of books to the charity shop today. Still lots to do but I figure it's taken a long time to accumulate all this carp so it'll take a while to get rid of it too.
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Reading this thread and posting yesterday booted me back into 'Tardis of Doom' (outside store cupboard). Cluttered up the entire communal corridor, prompting my neighbour to confess that he too throws things into his store cupboard and quickly slams the door. :rotfl:

Decluttering: One bagful cardboard and one heavy bagful paperwork to the communal recycling bins. It was only emptied two days ago but the paper/ card section is now more than two thirds full! :eek:

Plastic folders (baggy elastic) and one huge pet food storage container (bent) to the dumpster. Four large bagfuls mostly household items to the charity shop, many unused or not seen for a decade.

Recluttering: Shelf brackets, hooks and cupboard handles into my new DIY room.

Paraphernalia for redoing my bathroom (boxes of tiles, chrome shower fitting, wall mount dispenser) back into the Tardis. The walk in shower cubicle is in my DIY room BTW.

Wood clothes airer and glass hurricane lamp, loads of cushions that ex/ friend says he wants. All back into the Tardis, all should have gone to the charity shop. :o

Replacement covers for an IKEA sofa and an IKEA sofabed neither of which I have any more. Should be listed on a freebie or auction site but never done either.

The 'Tardis of Doom' still does not look any better. :( At least I know what is in there now!
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Ginmonster wrote: »
    ...I figure it's taken a long time to accumulate all this carp so it'll take a while to get rid of it too.

Thanks for this Ginmonster. It's very easy to get down because you can't declutter everything in a day, and then give up altogether. This is going to go with my motivational quotes.
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport