Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mtp1994x
    • By Mtp1994x 18th Sep 19, 10:17 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mtp1994x
    CCJ and fraud
    • 18th Sep 19, 10:17 PM
    CCJ and fraud 18th Sep 19 at 10:17 PM
    Hi there! Need some advise!
    So a year ago I discovered I had a County Court Judgement on my credit file, this was a shock because Iíve never taken out any credit cards, loans etc.. long story cut short I found out my mum had used my details to take out a credit card. I had moved address after this happened and therefore didnít receive any letters about the debt building up. Fast forward to now and me and my fianc! are wanting to apply for a mortgage and I canít because of this defaulted credit card and CCJ. Iíve managed to get in touch with the credit card company and they agree it wasnít my fault and have sent me a letter confirming it. But the CCJ remains on my file. I have read you can take the issue to court to have the CCJ removed off your file but I donít understand why I should have to pay out £255 when this isnít my fault.

Needless to say i no longer speak to my mother any advise on how to move forward would be appreciated, we really want this mortgage.
Page 1
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 18th Sep 19, 10:34 PM
    • 2,653 Posts
    • 1,983 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 18th Sep 19, 10:34 PM
    • 18th Sep 19, 10:34 PM
    Get the set aside.

Are you going to throw away the chance of owning your own home now over £255?

Edit: You'll probably need to report your mum to the Police for fraud. If you're not willing to do that you won't get anywhere.
    Last edited by boo_star; 18-09-2019 at 10:36 PM.
    • SlippyEdge
    • By SlippyEdge 19th Sep 19, 8:47 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SlippyEdge
    • 19th Sep 19, 8:47 AM
    • 19th Sep 19, 8:47 AM
    Hi there! Need some advise!
    So a year ago I discovered I had a County Court Judgement on my credit file, this was a shock because I’ve never taken out any credit cards, loans etc.. long story cut short I found out my mum had used my details to take out a credit card. I had moved address after this happened and therefore didn’t receive any letters about the debt building up. Fast forward to now and me and my fianc! are wanting to apply for a mortgage and I can’t because of this defaulted credit card and CCJ. I’ve managed to get in touch with the credit card company and they agree it wasn’t my fault and have sent me a letter confirming it. But the CCJ remains on my file. I have read you can take the issue to court to have the CCJ removed off your file but I don’t understand why I should have to pay out £255 when this isn’t my fault.

Needless to say i no longer speak to my mother any advise on how to move forward would be appreciated, we really want this mortgage.
    Originally posted by Mtp1994x
    Report the matter to Action Fraud.
    If you have the required evidence, you may not be speaking to your mother, but Plod will certainly want to.
    They may have their own support officers, or indeed put you in contact with independent agencies/charities such as Victim Support who will give you free, tailored and confidential support and advice on how to move forwards, They will also speak up for your rights ensuring your needs are met in the criminal justice system.

They can also arrange, in time, appropriate counselling, because whatever your mother has done, and however you understandably feel about her at present, she is and always will be your mum; you only ever get one in this life.
    Last edited by SlippyEdge; 19-09-2019 at 9:12 AM.
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 19th Sep 19, 10:45 AM
    • 3,816 Posts
    • 2,000 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • 19th Sep 19, 10:45 AM
    • 19th Sep 19, 10:45 AM
    Stop worrying about having your own home. Please. It's the least of your worries.
    When you are living in a home with no central heating year on year it's no fun, when you can't afford to fix it because you took on a leasehold (go for freehold or don't bother buying at all) and the frustration that the orginal owners details never seem to die. A property management co who can be late producing their bills but make charges of £876 in no time at all on payment already made of over £1000. It's ok for their debt collector at one point to forget to add on £300 at point of nearly serious legal proceeding and uphold my complaint in writing only about this aspect - and do nothing because even slippery property management company now say it's not really them either.

Tried for legal aid but told to much equity in property.
    As soon as people find out you've your own home, it's just ASSumed you have deep pockets and you don't qualify for the same help as say tenants so there's a lot more to house buying.

I've lived in my home for close to 4 years (so not going nowhere) yet reasonable doesn't come into it.
    Not leaving my 'childhood' Home without a fight
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 19th Sep 19, 2:53 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 3,979 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 19th Sep 19, 2:53 PM
    • 19th Sep 19, 2:53 PM
    Hi Mtp1994x and welcome to the forum

If you don't want to inform the police about your mother, then another option is available:
    According to one of the members of the LegalBeagles forum, you should "Speak with the solicitors who acted in the litigation as they will still be on record. Offer to settle the Judgment amount (or an agreement thereon) and have the Judgment removed by way of a consent order."

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/forum/legal-forums/court-claims-and-issues/received-a-court-claim/64914-can-you-get-a-ccj-removed

I recommend you start a new thread on the LegalBeagles forum
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,879Posts Today

6,931Users online

Martin's Twitter