Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Toe Bee
    • By Toe Bee 18th Sep 19, 2:19 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Toe Bee
    Credit Karma / Clearscore / MSE Credit Club - Do they show everything?
    • 18th Sep 19, 2:19 PM
    Credit Karma / Clearscore / MSE Credit Club - Do they show everything? 18th Sep 19 at 2:19 PM
    Hello again,

I recently made a post about letters I received / court claim from BW Legal / PRAC financial. Due the claim I received, this led me to check my credit file. I have signed up to the free ones available; Credit Karma, Clearscore and the MSE Credit Club and they are showing no information other than my 3 bank accounts. There are no credit accounts listed in the "closed accounts" sections on any of these.

Are these credit reports limited in the information they show?

The reason I ask is not only for the PRAC Financial claim (no debt for this showing on any), but I have just received a letter from Lowells asking to make payment for an alleged CCJ issued in 2017. This CCJ does not appear on any of these credit report accounts.

Are these companies up to no good and committing some kind of fraud? or are these free reports virtually useless?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 18th Sep 19, 2:24 PM
    • 23,866 Posts
    • 26,567 Thanks
    zx81
    • 18th Sep 19, 2:24 PM
    • 18th Sep 19, 2:24 PM
    Each of them show the accounts that are reporting to them. Those accounts will vary.

There's no reason they should show anything less than the original source. There's no fraud, however that might work.
    • Toe Bee
    • By Toe Bee 18th Sep 19, 2:36 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Toe Bee
    • 18th Sep 19, 2:36 PM
    • 18th Sep 19, 2:36 PM
    Each of them show the accounts that are reporting to them. Those accounts will vary.

There's no reason they should show anything less than the original source. There's no fraud, however that might work.
    Originally posted by zx81
    By fraud I was referring to PRAC Financial & Lowell.

PRAC issued a court claim for a debt from 2013. The alleged debt does not show on any of these credit reports which supply data from different agencies. CK, CS & MSE show data from Experian, Equifax & Trans Union respectively.

Lowell are asking for payment for a CCJ, which also doesn't show on any of these reports either.

I currently disputing the PRAC issue but the Lowell one seems more strange as it is regarding a CCJ
    • CakeCrusader
    • By CakeCrusader 18th Sep 19, 2:45 PM
    • 990 Posts
    • 663 Thanks
    CakeCrusader
    • 18th Sep 19, 2:45 PM
    • 18th Sep 19, 2:45 PM
    Some CCJ's don't show on the credit files (council tax CCJs don't, water CCJs do). It may be a good idea to ask Lowell for the reference number and to contact the court yourself to ask about this.
    • hobbird
    • By hobbird 18th Sep 19, 3:05 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hobbird
    • 18th Sep 19, 3:05 PM
    • 18th Sep 19, 3:05 PM
    By fraud I was referring to PRAC Financial & Lowell.

PRAC issued a court claim for a debt from 2013. The alleged debt does not show on any of these credit reports which supply data from different agencies. CK, CS & MSE show data from Experian, Equifax & Trans Union respectively.

Lowell are asking for payment for a CCJ, which also doesn't show on any of these reports either.

I currently disputing the PRAC issue but the Lowell one seems more strange as it is regarding a CCJ
    Originally posted by Toe Bee
    Do the county court claims you have received include the official county court seal/stamp?
    They are only valid if they do.

If they do, then chances are they are official, but if you still have doubts, a quick call to the issuing court will soon be able to clarify the situation.

I'm sure the court would be very interested to know of any evidence you have of fraudulent duplication or otherwise imitating the official court seal/stamp for illegal purposes, and it won't just be the county court the perpetrators will appear in front of
    • Toe Bee
    • By Toe Bee 18th Sep 19, 3:28 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Toe Bee
    • 18th Sep 19, 3:28 PM
    • 18th Sep 19, 3:28 PM
    Do the county court claims you have received include the official county court seal/stamp?
    They are only valid if they do.

If they do, then chances are they are official, but if you still have doubts, a quick call to the issuing court will soon be able to clarify the situation.

I'm sure the court would be very interested to know of any evidence you have of fraudulent duplication or otherwise imitating the official court seal/stamp for illegal purposes, and it won't just be the county court the perpetrators will appear in front of
    Originally posted by hobbird
    The claim from PRAC is genuine, I am currently disputing this at the moment. My concern is mainly the Lowell one as they are asking for payment for a CCJ that was apparently issued in 2017. The letter states it is capital one for 100, so if a judgement was entered it should be on at leat one of the credit reports. My second concern is the lack of history on the accounts - if PRAC financial have issued a claim, then surely the account or they believe the account is within the 6 year period for them to claim - I believe it may be statue barred, but I cannot see information on any credit report to dispute this or help form my defence. I am waiting for documents from them directly instead.

I just want to know if anyone knows how accurate these credit reports are as things appear to be missing from mine according the letters I have received. I'd rather not have to pay for a service like checkmyfile if I don't need to.
    • hobbird
    • By hobbird 18th Sep 19, 3:56 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hobbird
    • 18th Sep 19, 3:56 PM
    • 18th Sep 19, 3:56 PM
    The claim from PRAC is genuine, I am currently disputing this at the moment. My concern is mainly the Lowell one as they are asking for payment for a CCJ that was apparently issued in 2017. The letter states it is capital one for 100, so if a judgement was entered it should be on at leat one of the credit reports. My second concern is the lack of history on the accounts - if PRAC financial have issued a claim, then surely the account or they believe the account is within the 6 year period for them to claim - I believe it may be statue barred, but I cannot see information on any credit report to dispute this or help form my defence. I am waiting for documents from them directly instead.

I just want to know if anyone knows how accurate these credit reports are as things appear to be missing from mine according the letters I have received. I'd rather not have to pay for a service like checkmyfile if I don't need to.
    Originally posted by Toe Bee
    If you accept the county court judgements you have received are genuine, then you owe the money.

No one goes to court to get a CCJ to collect a previous CCJ.

A CCJ remains valid until it is repaid in full, or is otherwise quashed in some form by a successful application to the court. (or you die).

The particulars of the claim you have received from PRAC should detail briefly how the debt accrued and when, to assist you in identifying the claim. You will surely know the facts perhaps even better than the claimant themselves.

If you wish to contest the matter, and the dates are not explicitly given in the claim form, or even if they are and you don't agree with them, you can put your side of the story in your defence.

If the claimant fails to agree with your defence in full, expect a hearing in front of a judge who will decide the facts based on the evidence produced, and make judgement accordingly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,353Posts Today

9,419Users online

Martin's Twitter