PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    gt568 wrote: »
    6 hard boiled eggs.

Now that’s hard core low carb..... I love a hard boiled egg :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,494 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I do too. The family hate the gas after though.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Tomorrow I think has been decided as pasta - using up the sauce i opened the other night.

Tomorrow's lunch is sliced turkey from xmas (err, it was frozen - I'm not into food poisoning as a Jan diet trend) with the end of the bag of salad I bought - I've just got some wraps out of the freezer too and will liberate them and have it all in a wrap. Can anyone tell I'm making an effort to use up freezer stock? :rotfl:

I also have several jars of honey and mustard chicken tonight from before OH turned veggie. We tried it ages ago with quorn pieces but it just wasn't nice. Any suggestions of what I could use with the sauce which is veggie friendly. OH will tolerate some veg if need be - but not mushrooms or courgettes.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,148 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Haven’t had my tea yet - still in the oven!

It will be Jack Monroe’s vegan lasagne.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Frith wrote: »
    Haven’t had my tea yet - still in the oven!

It will be Jack Monroe’s vegan lasagne.

Ohhh, share the recipe please? :)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I had quorn and leek pie, mushrooms and cabbage.
    Others had steak, mushrooms, tomatoes, actifry chips and mushy peas.
  • Lunch today will be home made carrot soup with chicken for me and cheese on toast for He Who Knows. Supper this evening will be cheese and tomato omelettes, new potatoes and winter salad with a 99 calorie yoghurt for pudding if we want one. Customary cup of black coffee to finish.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    MrsLWyour menus sound yummy... DH would love the apple, mincemeat and custard :D

We are having HM Chicken Parmigiana tonight with spaghetti for the men and cauliflower rice for me - uses up MORE cheese, only a bit of Stilton and some Halloumi left after that - Halloumi Fries Mmmmmm :j
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Tonight will be burger in a bun with salad and sweet potato wedges. I've just put a chilli con carne in the SC, that will be tomorrow's dinner, with a jacket potato. Have added grated carrots and lentils to the mix to bulk it out a bit - hopefully there'll be loads left for the freezer.
  • MrsPear
    MrsPear Posts: 55 Forumite
    Can I join - I love these kind of threads.

Lunch was left over from last night - bbcfood recipe- home style chicken curry. I had some toast with it as cnba to make rice.

Dinner is bacon and eggs. Request from my eldest. I had some left over mash so made potato cakes. Beans in fridge that need to be eaten - children can have them. I’ll do some kind of salad for me and my husband.
    Gc challenge £363.53/ 500
    Y Feb 317.28 / 350
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport