Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge

Comments

• gailey_2
    gailey_2 Posts: 2,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    rachbc wrote: »
    Duff night for me last night - recently it been all reduced ready meals - I look at them and think even reduced they are more ££ than making form scratch - for 2 choc mouses at 50p each you could make a lovely hm mousse for the cost of 2 eggs at half a bar of choc and much nicer too.

Do you have recipie for choc mouse please?
    its a hit in my family but even value mouse shot up in price.

I think might eb some valentines bargains.
    would love some flowers to cheer me up.
    did look today in co-op.

Loads reduced meats but just 1st cut.
    I cant go back we all ill and its freezing.

so brought

reduced finest tomatoes 1.09 not superbargain but looked so nice
    warbertons seeded 3pack rolls 59p-really happy my fave with soup for lunch.
    value pitta breads 13-p couldent resist at that price.
    reduced cheese on deliu counter £1.25 as running low.

rest list wasdesperatly needed.
    value or on offer.

they had reduced choc in bric brac section might go back and get hubby some for valentines ot try making jaimies truffles with reduced cream if can find some.

think might be some good dessert and strawberry reductions next week was eying up the gu desserts I only buy them on reduced.

soo skint skipping spar today may be able to do tommorow.

even reduced bread stash gone down so may have to start buying bakery again.

going to try hitting sainsburys and morries one evening next week as payday wed.
    pad by xmas2010 £14,636.65/£20,000::beer:
    Pay off as much as I can 2011 £15008.02/£15,000:j

new grocery challenge £200/£250 feb

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON:D,Onwards and upward2013:)
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Anyone got any ideas what i could do with sliced packet ham? I keep finding it reduced for 30p but the use by date is the same day and it always states 'not suitable for freezing' keep thinking it's a bit of a waste as i usually find it's the last thing left on the shelf at 9pm and nobody is likely to buy it to eat at that time of night.
    I have frozen sliced ham - no problem.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/253
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £45.77/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I popped into a Mr T express store yesterday - items reduced by 20p! Walked out - bought nothing. I have been to stay with a friend who has a little Mini Mart near her - seems to get in a lot of near to sale date stuff. P.. got me some goodies - tubes of Rown..... fruit pastilles - marked - 39p - were 10p. Also Ae.. mint Christmas trees - 5 for £1. A bag of Tw.. minis - 50p each. So I paid £3 for a carrier bag of goodies. I do have a sweet tooth and grandchildren too. I justify my sweeties by - not smoking/drinking or gambling. I am also the ideal weight for my height - no car - walk everywhere. We all need our little treats while watching the pennies. That bag of goodies will last Mr F and I + 3 Gc - ages.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/253
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £45.77/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • gailey wrote: »

I think might eb some valentines bargains.
    would love some flowers to cheer me up.
    did look today in co-op.

Loads reduced meats but just 1st cut.
    I cant go back we all ill and its freezing.

so brought

reduced finest tomatoes 1.09 not superbargain but looked so nice
    warbertons seeded 3pack rolls 59p-really happy my fave with soup for lunch.
    value pitta breads 13-p couldent resist at that price.
    reduced cheese on deliu counter £1.25 as running low.

rest list wasdesperatly needed.
    value or on offer.

they had reduced choc in bric brac section might go back and get hubby some for valentines ot try making jaimies truffles with reduced cream if can find some.

think might be some good dessert and strawberry reductions next week was eying up the gu desserts I only buy them on reduced.

soo skint skipping spar today may be able to do tommorow.

even reduced bread stash gone down so may have to start buying bakery again.

going to try hitting sainsburys and morries one evening next week as payday wed.

I too only buy the GU on reduced and freeze them even tho says not to !! Usually 20p in co-op.

ATM I think the co-op are doing them half price and the 50p of voucher makes them about £1 so ok if for a treat I guess so long as you had saved the voucher on your computer when were able to download it.
  • lyra
    lyra Posts: 119 Forumite
    Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining in, used to post on the boards but username was a bit to easy to recognise so have set up a new one!

I get teased by my family for being a whoopsie hunter but they love my bargains :o

Funnily enough, I was living with my parents up until recently, due to poor health and thought moving to my new place near a huge Tesco would mean I'd get more bargains...nope! The little co-op near my parents can't be beaten for whoopsies. Tesco do stupid reductions most of the time, yesterday they had bread reduced by a measly 4 pence!

However did better than usual yesterday. Got two goats cheese & red onion tarts reduced from £1.20 to 90p. Lamb samosas reduced from £.2.10 - £1.80, roast turkey breast reduced to 1.71 and cherries reduced by a pound...not fantastic but the best bargains I've seen so far in there :(
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    gailey wrote: »

1 egg and 30g per person.

Melt choc. Seperate egg - mix yolk into melted choc, whisk whites till stiff then fold in choc mix. Chill. I use aldi choc (not the cheapest one the mid range one) - milk for kids, dark fo us and its deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelish!

Cheap as chips for us as we have chickens so endless eggs an no nasty thickeners, flavourings, etc etc
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Everyone asking about freezing ham - yes, its fine and I'm still here to prove it!

Meat sometimes holds water when fozen but I take it out of the freezer the day before needed and its always ok. And I have also frozen the pies etc with no ill effects - so far, anyway.
  • victory wrote: »
    In morries they havethe meal deal for £10 and on the yellow stickers they had quite a lot of it (brought it in too early?) so I got two side orders instead of £2.49 they were 99p and the pork crackling in cider jus (sounds posh eh it is just belly pork with a apple sauce) £2.49 instead of £5.99 so yes Valentines day here we come.

I have the mash pot for 49p and the minted pea side order 99p and the pork £2.49, already ahve the wine from a sainsbury's glitch a while back now where their meal deal was a silly price on a glitch with the wine, so got loads of them and loads of wine, seemed wrong not to:rotfl: it was on the quick grabbit last year and don't drink that much:rotfl:

Freixenet is better than half price at morries for £5.99 that was flying off the shelve and the other day was surprise to see 4 packs of love hearts for only 60p in the valentines day aisle.

I have all sorts of starters little tapas for 49p or garlic bread 49p or mini spare ribs 49p all of that the main as above the wine or the champagine and the dessert seems morries have far too much of the luxury little one pots of sherry trifle, little cheesecakes etc that they end up selling for 49p, luxury choc mousse they had a mound of for 59p each rather than £1.60:eek: so desert should be very easy to cheaply come by.

Sainsbury do their profiteroles frozen for half price, I am sure there will be some strawberries and cream that will be pennies to pick up nearer the day.

Aldi is doing roses for £5 as is Asda, the other day I saw the fair trade ones from Mr T £15 originally down to £3.75 I still did not buy them because it would have been tooo early and my DS kept pointing out that they had turned from deep red to angry black:rotfl: so left them but would have been an impressive bunch of flowers but never would pay that price for them.

I am happy with my carnations from mr morries I got theo ther day for £1 in the still fresh bucket and they are still going strong:D

Fancy packaging has always driven me insane, when I took out the belly pork to put in freezer, had to, no room otherwise, the size of the packaging did not reflect the size of the actual meat inside and underneath the meat it had 3 yes 3 slices of what should be roast potatoes:rotfl: they dress everything up and atthe end of the day all you do is take it out of the packaging and eat it, so fancy it has to be to attract you to buy it in the first place yes, but fancy a waste and it makes them charge loads more for the priveledge of looking at a pretty box:D

I too took advantage of the sainsbury 'offer' - it was very generous don't you think?:D:D
  • gailey_2
    gailey_2 Posts: 2,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I know its been and gone but what was the sainsburys glitch ? free wine?

glad im not only one finding tesco website rubbish most I ever see is 50p each.

love gu desserts.

so need to get printer fixed!

thanks rach for mouse does it not need any gelatine?
    pad by xmas2010 £14,636.65/£20,000::beer:
    Pay off as much as I can 2011 £15008.02/£15,000:j

new grocery challenge £200/£250 feb

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON:D,Onwards and upward2013:)
  • Hi all. Had a lovely visit to A*** came back with oodles of reduced price fruit and veg. cherries 30p a punnet (got 4) mango, pineapple & melon(2) 30p large mixed fruit salad 15p stirfry and salads 35p or 20p. then i got two pots of cream two marinated fish fillets, cheese & onion rolls and cold meat. spent about £8 and walked out with two bags full. so exited, i think i need to post more often. we nipped in at the weekend and got a turkey joint, sausages and cookies, bread & donuts spent about a fiver then. much better than going to t****.
    Grocery Challenge 24th Feb-28 Dec 2012 £2000/£1404
    18th May- 15th June 2012 £100/£75
    Dont Throw Food Away 2012 May £5/0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills