We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Good Cordless Mower

Options
I'm a bit tired of faffing with wires so I'm looking for recommendations on a cordless mower.

I currently have a Bosch and I'm quite happy with it (apart from the wires!)

Thanks

Comments

• Buggins
    Buggins Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have had Bosch cordless x2 for the last few years and love it. I am mid sixties with small lawn but do cut it regularly. It's ok so long as you pre plan charging battery and don't expect to spontaneously cut the grass! HTH
  • Jeannine
    Options
    I’ve recently bought my first cordless mower - the Gtech cordless 2.0 (£299). Thought it was a bit pricey but it IS light and easy to use, quick to charge, has a large grassbox, has very good reviews and it’s great not having to fiddle about with extension leads...
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 September 2019 at 12:13AM
    Options
    I have the worx cordless got it from Argos came with a strimmer. Very pleased with it its lightweight and I get around 4 cuts per charge but I do have small lawn. The strimmer is very light almost too light but is very well balanced and looks cheap but dont let that fool you is just as good as my black and decker 36v at a lot more money which I use on allotment

The mower is excellent too lots of different settings and eco mode which is what I use. Only criticism is some of the grass clippings dont always go in box but only very small amount

Amazon have it for £135 I paid £150 and Argos now have it for £210
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/WORX-WG927E-Mower-Cordless-Trimmer/dp/B07JRDL1DN/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_60_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5ERAYAN2CAWQ6DQNATJF
  • Debran
    Debran Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Which list five best buy cordless lawnmowers for 2019.
    Top scorer is the Bosch Rotak 43 Li, with a score of 81%, at £270. This is also the cheapest of the five best buys.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    savemoney wrote: »
    I have the worx cordless got it from Argos came with a strimmer. Very pleased with it its lightweight and I get around 4 cuts per charge but I do have small lawn. The strimmer is very light almost too light but is very well balanced and looks cheap but dont let that fool you is just as good as my black and decker 36v at a lot more money which I use on allotment

The mower is excellent too lots of different settings and eco mode which is what I use. Only criticism is some of the grass clippings dont always go in box but only very small amount

Amazon have it for £135 I paid £150 and Argos now have it for £210
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/WORX-WG927E-Mower-Cordless-Trimmer/dp/B07JRDL1DN/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_60_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5ERAYAN2CAWQ6DQNATJF
    Also have the worx mower and find it does everything I need. Only problem I've found is if the grass is long and you use the turbo mode the batteries can overheat which means you have to wait for them to cool down (about 30 mins) before you can recharge them ( red lights flash on charger until they are cool enough). Found this out yesterday so had to take an early lunch break before I could finish off using the mower.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not a critcism but who would ever off thought that we would be paying circa £300 for a lawnmower.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 October 2019 at 10:44AM
    Options
    Debran wrote: »
    Top scorer is the Bosch Rotak 43 Li, with a score of 81%, at £270.
    Although this is over £400 on amazon now.

So I've partially decided on a Cobra Mx3440v.
    It's scored fairly well, is cheapish and I think will do me good for many years. While it's not a Bosch, the Cobra does look like it means business.

Will report back findings when it's out and I've given it a go next year.
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've got the Aldi cordless hedge trimmer which works well, plus the 20/40v batteries are interchangeable with other tools in the same range including their lawnmower and chainsaw. I've got two batteries so can get any job done. The mower is not on sale at the moment but if you can wait until next year...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure