Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sarah2019
    • By Sarah2019 18th Sep 19, 8:48 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sarah2019
    Debtors info
    • 18th Sep 19, 8:48 PM
    Debtors info 18th Sep 19 at 8:48 PM
    Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction... I’ve had that many loans, credit cards etc in my life and now I want to start to pay these off. However, when requesting my credit file from Experian, clear score etc I know not everything is on there. Can anyone advise me on how I can get to see what lenders I owe money too, so I can tackle this? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks
Page 1
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 18th Sep 19, 8:53 PM
    • 6,534 Posts
    • 4,336 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 18th Sep 19, 8:53 PM
    • 18th Sep 19, 8:53 PM
    Only 6 years worth of accounts/loans/credit cards etc. appear on there.

If they’re not in there then chances are they’re past 6 years old and could be statute barred.
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 18th Sep 19, 9:16 PM
    • 2,576 Posts
    • 1,918 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 18th Sep 19, 9:16 PM
    • 18th Sep 19, 9:16 PM
    Only 6 years worth of accounts/loans/credit cards etc. appear on there.

If they’re not in there then chances are they’re past 6 years old and could be statute barred.
    Originally posted by Gary_Dexter
    And you're not really going to find out from anywhere else who your creditors are unless they get in touch.
    • SlippyEdge
    • By SlippyEdge 19th Sep 19, 8:23 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SlippyEdge
    • 19th Sep 19, 8:23 AM
    • 19th Sep 19, 8:23 AM
    Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction... I’ve had that many loans, credit cards etc in my life and now I want to start to pay these off. However, when requesting my credit file from Experian, clear score etc I know not everything is on there. Can anyone advise me on how I can get to see what lenders I owe money too, so I can tackle this? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks
    Originally posted by Sarah2019
    Even if you've developed selective amnesia and/or arguably have foolishly lost or destroyed your documentation referring to all these loans, credit cards etc you have taken out and not repaid in your life, I feel sure any creditor who hopes to get their moeny back one day has not.

Indeed, any creditor seeking their moeny back will I'm sure be contacting you on a regular basis, hounding you at every opportunity using any and all means available, to demand you start repaying.

I've read all about such actions creditors take who do not get paid, here on this very forum. Why not familiarise yourself with such examples detailed by others?
    Last edited by SlippyEdge; 19-09-2019 at 8:26 AM.
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 19th Sep 19, 9:04 PM
    • 4,750 Posts
    • 348,457 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    • 19th Sep 19, 9:04 PM
    • 19th Sep 19, 9:04 PM
    A similar post appeared recently, I think the concencus of replies was to just wait and see who / if anyone contacts you.

This was in relation to "old debts", although the poster never came back to confirm how long ago. So this only really applies for debts older than 6 years ago which have now dropped off the credit file. So, if less than 6 years they should be on your credit file, although the debt may have changed hands by now, so whoever owns the debt now might not be the same company you got the credit from.
    Last edited by sleepyjones; 19-09-2019 at 9:09 PM.
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,554Posts Today

8,404Users online

Martin's Twitter