Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dombrown9995
    • By dombrown9995 14th Sep 19, 11:56 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dombrown9995
    Ccj set aside
    • 14th Sep 19, 11:56 AM
    Ccj set aside 14th Sep 19 at 11:56 AM
    Hi,
    So i left m old job and now there saying i owe them wages. The sent two emails about this but it was an email address i don't really use they went to my junk. They also sent letters to my old address. They have also been to court and a got a ccj against me. These letters where also sent to my old address. They have sent me a letter addmitting they new I did not live there. (They got my address because i just registered to vote). The sum is reasonably small and i would not of had any problems paying back. Is there any chance i could get them to set it aside the ccj if i pay it off in full. Also do they any right to claim back the wage cause i did not sign my work contract.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Sep 19, 12:01 PM
    • 23,788 Posts
    • 26,441 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Sep 19, 12:01 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 12:01 PM
    You can ask.

They now have the right to claim back the money you shouldn't have had.
    • LordSmug
    • By LordSmug 17th Sep 19, 10:54 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    LordSmug
    • 17th Sep 19, 10:54 AM
    • 17th Sep 19, 10:54 AM
    Hi,
    So i left m old job and now there saying i owe them wages. The sent two emails about this but it was an email address i don't really use they went to my junk. They also sent letters to my old address. They have also been to court and a got a ccj against me. These letters where also sent to my old address. They have sent me a letter addmitting they new I did not live there. (They got my address because i just registered to vote). The sum is reasonably small and i would not of had any problems paying back. Is there any chance i could get them to set it aside the ccj if i pay it off in full. Also do they any right to claim back the wage cause i did not sign my work contract.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by dombrown9995
    Do you think you have any chance of convincing the court that you have a realistic chance of defending this claim.

It seems your past employer were quite sure you owed them the money, and have spent time, effort and money trying to get you to repay.

Your admission you are willing to pay the claim in full suggests you have no chance.

It'll cost you 255 to apply for a set aside, money you will almost certainly never see again. Perhaps, if you agree you owe the money, it would be better putting that 255 towards repaying your past employer.

Now they have your new address, your old employer could start taking action to enforce the CCJ they have against you, and that will cost even more money - money which you will most probably have to pay too.

Why didn't you sign your contract of employment?
    (No it does not affect the right of your employer to recover any overpayment of wages)
    Last edited by LordSmug; 17-09-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,802Posts Today

8,642Users online

Martin's Twitter