Official Free Boilers and Insulation guide discussion

Options

Comments

• BigBlueSky
    BigBlueSky Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello nikkiniks and thank you for your application for a boiler replacement under the ECO scheme.
    Malc

Hi EON,

Do you have anymore details on this scheme? - My sister is a single parent with 3 children and her boiler has broken. She doesn't have a lot of money so looking into grants etc for a boiler replacement.

If she qualifies do you know how much she would need to contribute under this scheme ?

Thanks
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    BigBlueSky wrote: »
    Hi EON,

Do you have anymore details on this scheme? - My sister is a single parent with 3 children and her boiler has broken. She doesn't have a lot of money so looking into grants etc for a boiler replacement.

If she qualifies do you know how much she would need to contribute under this scheme ?

Thanks

Hello BigBlueSky.

As nikkiniks has done, please ask your sister to apply for help through the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme. There's more information including an application form on our website. It doesn't matter if she's not our customer as the scheme is open to non-E.ON customers too.

Each application is assessed individually and we'll talk to your sister about her situation to see if she's eligible for funding under the scheme.

If eligible, there'll be a £240 fee to pay towards the standard replacement of a broken or faulty gas boiler. We'll pay the rest as part of the scheme (also known as Affordable Warmth). There may be additional costs if further work is needed. This could include things like pipework, scaffolding, safety work, heating upgrades etc.

We'll arrange a free home survey to see what we're able to do and if any further costs are involved.

Hope your sister is able to benefit under this scheme BigBlueSky.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • BigBlueSky
    Options
    I'm looking into this via EON but there is the £240 contribution to be made. I see npower mentions that it can be completely free.

Does anyone have any experience of this through npower and/or any other companies where the contribution may be less than £240 ??

Thanks in advance
  • BigBlueSky
    Options
    We'll arrange a free home survey to see what we're able to do and if any further costs are involved.

Hope your sister is able to benefit under this scheme BigBlueSky.

Malc

My sister has now called and got booked in for this.

She was told she needs to provide proof of home ownership, utility bills and benefit documents. Do you know if they will want to take these away or just see them ?

Thanks
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

She was told she needs to provide proof of home ownership, utility bills and benefit documents. Do you know if they will want to take these away or just see them ?

Thanks
    They will not need to take them away - can you not copy them ?
  • BigBlueSky
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    They will not need to take them away - can you not copy them ?

I can get them copied if they need to take them - wasn't sure. If they are not taking them away it is OK.

Thanks
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Thanks
    I can get them copied if they need to take them - wasn't sure. If they are not taking them away it is OK.

Thanks

Hello BigBlueSky and it's good your sister has booked an appointment.

As 50Twuncle says, our assessor only needs to see the relevant documents to confirm eligibility for the scheme. If possible, copies might save a bit of time.

Thanks BigBlueSky and hope all goes well.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ckt8081
    Options
    Applied for Boiler replacement with several Companies.Although I qualify,will not carry out the work because they cannot insulate the suspended ground floor because of lack of clearance under the floor.Also the ground floor is Laminate floor throughout.
    Excuse is that it is part of the Government requirement to insulate the Ground Floor.
  • Kallisti
    Kallisti Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, wondering if someone on universal credit, own their home, can get help with solid wall insulation under any grant scheme? Totally unaffordable otherwise but would really help!
    :: No Links in signatures please - FM ::
  • andy3050
    andy3050 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I currently have an application for a subsidised boiler going through with e.on. I’m worried now though as The money I had the money ready to pay the £310 (I need extra work for a condensate pipe) however a pricey car repair has wiped out my savings.

I’m just wondering if there is a payment plan available to pay the contribution?

Also, I’m looking to leave utilita, I currently have a payg (out of choice) and I have had nothing but trouble with them since signing up. I want to come back to e.on, would e.on replace my meter with a non payg one?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback