Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IF
    • By IF 24th May 13, 11:40 AM
    • 34,136Posts
    • 87,523Thanks
    IF
    June's 2013 BR Club
    • 24th May 13, 11:40 AM
    June's 2013 BR Club 24th May 13 at 11:40 AM
    Hi Everyone and Welcome to the June's 2013 Bankruptcy Club

This club is for everyone who has gone or going through the process of Bankruptcy during June 2013. So please feel free to join and post.

Pop your name on here, the date that you went/are going Bankrupt. Then just keep everyone in the club updated throughout the next year about your BR journey. That way you can all stick together, compare notes and be there to support each other during the different stages of your Bankruptcies.

Remember this is your board so keep posting

Obviously anyone can come on here and post anything that will help and you are all welcome. Any important questions that need answering please still post them on the main board, as you will receive more advice and help.

~ Please do not include too much information as the IS (Insolvency Service) are known to frequent this forum and they may identify individual cases, so username and date only, thank you ~

IF

1.....................meep777..................... ... ..4th June 2013
    2..................wharty and Mrs W…………….....17th June 2013
    3......................sandie11………………………......3rd June 2013
    4......................TheGardener…………………....24th June 2013
    5......................dettelibre................. ......11th June 2013
    6..................Helpmeoutofthismess………......5th June 2013
    7.......................nikki_84…………………………...4th June 2013

Last edited by IF; 16-07-2013 at 1:25 PM.
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
Page 4
    • Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 6th Dec 13, 9:55 AM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess
    Hi everyone - I'm a June member too and you're right - it has flown by. A lot has happened - moved house, tried to decorate on a weeny budget but am loving the fact I now actually sleep at night and don't wake up in a panic wondering how I am going to feed us this week. No word from my OR about anything really except to say my car was exempt.

I have learned so much and now take huge pleasure and satisfaction in my ability to be able to 'save' even if it is only for annual bills at this stage.

Roll on the summer
    Originally posted by TheGardener
    I didn't realise you were June as well! I'm not a fan of hot weather but for a change I'm looking forward to the summer

H x
    • Keeping Positive
    • By Keeping Positive 8th Dec 13, 7:34 AM
    • 4,665 Posts
    • 9,363 Thanks
    Keeping Positive
    Congratulations on getting through the first six months everyone. I actually like the middle of the month as I can cross of another month . It will be 7 months next week for me. Still getting letters from an old account? ? And I think a cc has been sold on but not bothered right now.
    May 2013 new beginnings
  • sandie11
    I received a letter yesterday to say my bankruptcy had been discharged early at the end of January. So that is just over 6 months since I was declared bankrupt. It was quite straight forward with no property or assets involved so that must be why.

I know it doesn't mean that much, it will still be there on my credit history for years to come but feel relieved and much more optimistic.
    • Keeping Positive
    • By Keeping Positive 2nd Feb 14, 7:50 AM
    • 4,665 Posts
    • 9,363 Thanks
    Keeping Positive
    Congratulations

Under 4 months to go for me. Impaying a tax IPA so guessing im not likely to get an early discharge but at the nearly 3/4 of the way there.
    May 2013 new beginnings
    • IF
    • By IF 2nd Feb 14, 10:46 AM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    I received a letter yesterday to say my bankruptcy had been discharged early at the end of January. So that is just over 6 months since I was declared bankrupt. It was quite straight forward with no property or assets involved so that must be why.

I know it doesn't mean that much, it will still be there on my credit history for years to come but feel relieved and much more optimistic.
    Originally posted by sandie11
    Congratulations from me too sandie

• Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 2nd Feb 14, 12:32 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess

Originally posted by sandie11

You lucky thing! Oh well, only 4 months to go for me! I know I won't get early discharge, I trawled through the records for my local court and didn't come across a single early discharge!

I did come across a lot of people who had suspended discharges from years and years ago, what could be so bad that being bankrupt forever is better than cooperating with the OR!

H x
  • meep777
    Discharged!!!!!
    Hi
    Its finally here!!! the year has flown by and now I'm discharged today- Life is looking good. Good luck to every one going bankrupt this month and thank you for every one on here for the help youve given me

Mandy
    • Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 4th Jun 14, 12:48 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess
    Hi
    Its finally here!!! the year has flown by and now I'm discharged today- Life is looking good. Good luck to every one going bankrupt this month and thank you for every one on here for the help youve given me

Mandy
    Originally posted by meep777
    Yay! Here is to your new start

My turn tomorrow, I can't wait!

H x
  • nikki_84
    Well it's 12 months today for me! How will I know if I'm discharged? Will I just get a letter in a few days/weeks to tell me?

I was kind of hoping for a fanfare etc! It's been a long year! �� ha ha!
    Hope everyone has managed a difficult year!x
    • IF
    • By IF 4th Jun 14, 3:25 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Hi

Mandy
    Originally posted by meep777
    Hiya Mandy, Congratulations on your AD, I'm so pleased everything is going well for you
    Best wishes
    IF

• IF
    • By IF 4th Jun 14, 3:27 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF

My turn tomorrow, I can't wait!

H x
    Originally posted by Helpmeoutofthismess
    Here's to tomorrow H, it's a lovely feeling

Well it's 12 months today for me! How will I know if I'm discharged? Will I just get a letter in a few days/weeks to tell me?

Originally posted by nikki_84

Hi nikki , you don’t usually get written confirmation of discharge, do check here.

Search Insolvency Register - Click here

Best wishes
    IF
    • Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 4th Jun 14, 3:28 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess

Hi Nikki, here is to your fresh start as well

If you type your name in here http://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/IIRMasterPage.asp you will find your entry on the IS website, if you click on your surname you will get more details and see that you have been discharged . Print off a few pages because the entry disappears in 3 months.

H x
    Last edited by Helpmeoutofthismess; 04-06-2014 at 3:29 PM. Reason: I type too slow lol
  • nikki_84
    Thanks folks! I had a look, it says discharged 04/06/2014!
    Time to commence operation clean up! Woo hoo!!
    • wharty
    • By wharty 17th Jun 14, 11:04 AM
    • 421 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    wharty
    Well my year is over. Will be Discharged at midnight tonight!
    • IF
    • By IF 17th Jun 14, 12:33 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Thanks folks! I had a look, it says discharged 04/06/2014!
    Time to commence operation clean up! Woo hoo!!
    Congratulations nikki
    Bestest
    IF

• IF
    • By IF 17th Jun 14, 12:34 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Well my year is over. Will be Discharged at midnight tonight!
    Originally posted by wharty
    How exciting wharty, I know I say this all the time but this year has gone quick, here's to you and your family
    Bestest
    IF

• Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 23rd Jun 14, 7:41 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess
    Yay! TheGardener, I bet you are excited about your AD tonight

So, will you be waiting outside barclays in the morning clutching a copy of your discharge notice, I bet you are looking forward to having internet banking again!

H x
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 23rd Jun 14, 8:06 PM
    • 2,919 Posts
    • 2,949 Thanks
    TheGardener
    Yay! TheGardener, I bet you are excited about your AD tonight

So, will you be waiting outside barclays in the morning clutching a copy of your discharge notice, I bet you are looking forward to having internet banking again!

H x
    Originally posted by Helpmeoutofthismess
    I'm really quite looking forward to it! I made an appointment 2 weeks ago and will be seeing my local Barclays manager on Friday with my print out from the IS website in hand!! I'm also looking forward to being able to open an account for the teenager - I've already asked and they said it was fine after tomorrow.
    I have learned to live without internet banking but it is still a real inconvenience not having it especially for paying school for trips etc - One great thing that's come out of BR is discovering the joys of credit unions and I wont be giving my CU account up any time soon - in fact if I ever win the lottery they are one of the 1st good causes I would fund
    Last edited by TheGardener; 23-06-2014 at 8:09 PM.
    • IF
    • By IF 24th Jun 14, 8:22 AM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Congratulations on your AD TG

Bestest
    IF

• Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 23rd Aug 14, 8:06 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess
    I can't believe it's been nearly 3 months since I was discharged, I can't wait to drop of the insolvency register in a couple of weeks

Next step operation clean up file, none of my old creditors have marked my account as settled automatically, looks like I have lots of letters to post!

H x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,226Posts Today

6,372Users online

Martin's Twitter