June's 2013 BR Club

Comments

• Congratulations on getting through the first six months everyone. I actually like the middle of the month as I can cross of another month :) . It will be 7 months next week for me. Still getting letters from an old account? ? And I think a cc has been sold on but not bothered right now.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • I received a letter yesterday to say my bankruptcy had been discharged early at the end of January. So that is just over 6 months since I was declared bankrupt. It was quite straight forward with no property or assets involved so that must be why.

I know it doesn't mean that much, it will still be there on my credit history for years to come but feel relieved and much more optimistic.
  • Congratulations :j

Under 4 months to go for me. Impaying a tax IPA so guessing im not likely to get an early discharge but at the nearly 3/4 of the way there.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    sandie11 wrote: »
    I received a letter yesterday to say my bankruptcy had been discharged early at the end of January. So that is just over 6 months since I was declared bankrupt. It was quite straight forward with no property or assets involved so that must be why.

I know it doesn't mean that much, it will still be there on my credit history for years to come but feel relieved and much more optimistic.

Congratulations from me too sandie :beer:

penblock.gif
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • sandie11 wrote: »
    I received a letter yesterday to say my bankruptcy had been discharged early at the end of January. So that is just over 6 months since I was declared bankrupt. It was quite straight forward with no property or assets involved so that must be why.

You lucky thing! Oh well, only 4 months to go for me! I know I won't get early discharge, I trawled through the records for my local court and didn't come across a single early discharge!

I did come across a lot of people who had suspended discharges from years and years ago, what could be so bad that being bankrupt forever is better than cooperating with the OR!

H x
  • meep777
    meep777 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hi
    Its finally here!!! the year has flown by and now I'm discharged today- Life is looking good. Good luck to every one going bankrupt this month and thank you for every one on here for the help youve given me

Mandy:):)
  • meep777 wrote: »
    Hi
    Its finally here!!! the year has flown by and now I'm discharged today- Life is looking good. Good luck to every one going bankrupt this month and thank you for every one on here for the help youve given me

Yay! Here is to your new start :beer:

My turn tomorrow, I can't wait!

H x
  • nikki_84
    nikki_84 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Well it's 12 months today for me! How will I know if I'm discharged? Will I just get a letter in a few days/weeks to tell me?

I was kind of hoping for a fanfare etc! It's been a long year! �� ha ha!
    Hope everyone has managed a difficult year!x
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    meep777 wrote: »
    Hi

Hiya Mandy, Congratulations on your AD, I'm so pleased everything is going well for you :beer:
    Best wishes
    IF

Congrats.jpg
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

My turn tomorrow, I can't wait!

H x

Here's to tomorrow H, it's a lovely feeling :beer:
    nikki_84 wrote: »
    Well it's 12 months today for me! How will I know if I'm discharged? Will I just get a letter in a few days/weeks to tell me?

I was kind of hoping for a fanfare etc! It's been a long year! �� ha ha!
    Hope everyone has managed a difficult year!x

Hi nikki , you don’t usually get written confirmation of discharge, do check here.

Search Insolvency Register - Click here

Best wishes
    IF
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business