Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IF
    • By IF 24th May 13, 11:40 AM
    • 34,136Posts
    • 87,523Thanks
    IF
    June's 2013 BR Club
    • 24th May 13, 11:40 AM
    June's 2013 BR Club 24th May 13 at 11:40 AM
    Hi Everyone and Welcome to the June's 2013 Bankruptcy Club

This club is for everyone who has gone or going through the process of Bankruptcy during June 2013. So please feel free to join and post.

Pop your name on here, the date that you went/are going Bankrupt. Then just keep everyone in the club updated throughout the next year about your BR journey. That way you can all stick together, compare notes and be there to support each other during the different stages of your Bankruptcies.

Remember this is your board so keep posting

Obviously anyone can come on here and post anything that will help and you are all welcome. Any important questions that need answering please still post them on the main board, as you will receive more advice and help.

~ Please do not include too much information as the IS (Insolvency Service) are known to frequent this forum and they may identify individual cases, so username and date only, thank you ~

IF

1.....................meep777..................... ... ..4th June 2013
    2..................wharty and Mrs W…………….....17th June 2013
    3......................sandie11………………………......3rd June 2013
    4......................TheGardener…………………....24th June 2013
    5......................dettelibre................. ......11th June 2013
    6..................Helpmeoutofthismess………......5th June 2013
    7.......................nikki_84…………………………...4th June 2013

Last edited by IF; 16-07-2013 at 1:25 PM.
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
Page 3
    • Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 26th Jun 13, 10:24 AM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess
    Hi, can you add me please, my date was June 5th

H x
    • IF
    • By IF 26th Jun 13, 11:59 AM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Hi, can you add me please, my date was June 5th

H x
    Originally posted by Helpmeoutofthismess
    Hi Helpmeoutofthismess, I've added you to post 1 and welcome to June's BR Club

Best wishes
    IF
    • dettelibre
    • By dettelibre 26th Jun 13, 12:01 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    dettelibre
    Hi dettelibre and welcome to June's BR club, please could you let me know the date of your BR so I can amend post 1. Now your OR interview is over it's Onwards and upwards now

Best wishes
    IF
    Originally posted by ifwisheswerehorses...
    it was 11th June 2013
    • IF
    • By IF 26th Jun 13, 12:05 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    it was 11th June 2013
    Originally posted by dettelibre
    Thank you dettelibre, I'll change post 1
    • wharty
    • By wharty 2nd Jul 13, 3:17 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    wharty
    Me and the wife had our Interview this week and everything went fine.

OR was really nice. We wont have an IPA and were told we would be discharged June 2014. We wont get an early discharge as the government are repealing the right to early discharge in October this year.

We will have a nil tax code and we will actually get to keep some of our tax because our SOA was well below what the government recommends.

OR said it was very rare that people get to keep some of the tax we would normally pay.

Sad to be bankrupt but it's a fresh start so going to make the most of it.
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 2nd Jul 13, 5:56 PM
    • 1,869 Posts
    • 1,755 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    Thats great news so pleased for you, try to relax now the year will fly by.......6 weeks to go for me!!! xx
    • wharty
    • By wharty 2nd Jul 13, 6:27 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    wharty
    Thats great news so pleased for you, try to relax now the year will fly by.......6 weeks to go for me!!! xx
    Originally posted by luvchocolate
    Thanks i am counting the weeks for you!
    • Keeping Positive
    • By Keeping Positive 2nd Jul 13, 8:21 PM
    • 4,665 Posts
    • 9,363 Thanks
    Keeping Positive
    Congratulations and good luck guys. I have almost put it to the back of my mind after 6 weeks. Barely any credior chasing and little contact from OR. The main concern is learning how to budget now I dont have the so calledcredit back up.
    May 2013 new beginnings
    • Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 5th Jul 13, 10:20 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess
    1 month down, 11 to go!
    So it's been a strange month, the phone has completely stopped ringing, well with creditors anyway! It seems so strange to just pickup and not be worried who is on the other end! Post has really dried up aswell, my postie must know something is up even if he hasn't spotted the IS stamp lol!

1 month in and my barclays online banking is still working, I live in dread they are going to catch me up and switch me off, no Internet banking sounds like a budgeting nightmare!

Anyway, no real point to my post, just thought I would mark the occasion!

H x
    • dettelibre
    • By dettelibre 5th Jul 13, 11:22 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    dettelibre
    So it's been a strange month, the phone has completely stopped ringing, well with creditors anyway! It seems so strange to just pickup and not be worried who is on the other end! Post has really dried up aswell, my postie must know something is up even if he hasn't spotted the IS stamp lol!

1 month in and my barclays online banking is still working, I live in dread they are going to catch me up and switch me off, no Internet banking sounds like a budgeting nightmare!

Anyway, no real point to my post, just thought I would mark the occasion!

H x
    much the same with me, in the last two weeks ive had 2 blu rays in the post! in fact no post is far too boring and now i have to find something to else to worry about. only thing that continues to come through now is takeaway menus, still keeps the council recycling dept busy

i would love to see have seen the creditors' faces when they received the letter from the or.

ive got a coop, are they likely to stop internet banking, i thought coop and barclays keep everything going?

also does the OR send anything from now?
    Last edited by dettelibre; 05-07-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    • Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 6th Jul 13, 6:45 AM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess
    much the same with me, in the last two weeks ive had 2 blu rays in the post! in fact no post is far too boring and now i have to find something to else to worry about. only thing that continues to come through now is takeaway menus, still keeps the council recycling dept busy

i would love to see have seen the creditors' faces when they received the letter from the or.

ive got a coop, are they likely to stop internet banking, i thought coop and barclays keep everything going?

also does the OR send anything from now?
    Originally posted by dettelibre
    You'll be fine with your coop cash minder account, it's barclays that have the ridiculous no online banking rule. I had to go with barclays because I had to put my smile overdraft into my bankruptcy and they are part of the coop

I do like my barclays account though, I've even got a personalised card! Natwest make you look and feel like a second class citizen with only being allowed to use RBS ATM's and having 'BASIC' emblazoned on the front of the card! They are the also the only bank that have written to say they have closed my account so far, not a sniff from halifax yet!

H x
  • nikki_84
    i know its a bit late but any chance i can be added to June's list?

I was declared bankrupt on the 4th June, its been a peaceful month and just to know where i stand with payments is a massive relief!
    • IF
    • By IF 16th Jul 13, 9:59 AM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    i know its a bit late but any chance i can be added to June's list?

I was declared bankrupt on the 4th June, its been a peaceful month and just to know where i stand with payments is a massive relief!
    Originally posted by nikki_84
    Of course you can nikki, I've added you to post 1 and welcome to June's BR Club

Best wishes
    IF
    • Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 5th Aug 13, 1:03 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess
    I honestly can't believe it has been 2 months since I faced my demons and went to court!

The feeling of having a 'BANKRUPT' sign emblazoned on my forehead has subsided and much of the time I don't even think of it any more

I haven't received a single threatening letter or phone call for the last month, I don't miss those one bit!

The best thing for me is that barclays have not blocked my online banking yet, dare I hope I have slipped through the net!

H x
    • Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 5th Dec 13, 1:32 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess
    Hi everyone,

Just thought I would bump the thread to say wow, I can't believe I have been bankrupt for 6 months today!

I'm hoping the next 6 months pass just as quickly, roll on June 2014,

It's been a very quiet 6 months, no word from the OR apart from my 15 min interview and a letter to say the have closed my case. The best bit is no word from creditors or horrible debt collectors

I hope everyone else is doing ok,

H x
    • wharty
    • By wharty 5th Dec 13, 7:58 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    wharty
    Yep will be 6 months for us on the 17th. Gone really fast. Not had a letter to say our case is closed though. When did you get the letter?
    • Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 5th Dec 13, 10:39 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess
    Yep will be 6 months for us on the 17th. Gone really fast. Not had a letter to say our case is closed though. When did you get the letter?
    Originally posted by wharty
    I got the letter to say they had finished with my case just before my third month, my OR was very efficient!

H x
    • wharty
    • By wharty 5th Dec 13, 10:46 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    wharty
    I got the letter to say they had finished with my case just before my third month, my OR was very efficient!

H x
    Blimey that's quick. Did you manage to keep the internet banking or did they catch up with you?
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 6th Dec 13, 7:31 AM
    • 2,919 Posts
    • 2,949 Thanks
    TheGardener
    Hi everyone - I'm a June member too and you're right - it has flown by. A lot has happened - moved house, tried to decorate on a weeny budget but am loving the fact I now actually sleep at night and don't wake up in a panic wondering how I am going to feed us this week. No word from my OR about anything really except to say my car was exempt.

I have learned so much and now take huge pleasure and satisfaction in my ability to be able to 'save' even if it is only for annual bills at this stage.

Roll on the summer
    • Helpmeoutofthismess
    • By Helpmeoutofthismess 6th Dec 13, 9:52 AM
    • 391 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Helpmeoutofthismess
    Blimey that's quick. Did you manage to keep the internet banking or did they catch up with you?
    Originally posted by wharty
    Touch wood I still have internet banking . My heart is in my mouth every morning though when I log in!

H x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,072Posts Today

5,820Users online

Martin's Twitter