Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread

Comments

• Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    aife wrote: »
    I see there's another code for The Disaster Artist on the code thread.
    Just saw this and it was very enjoyable so I'd recommend it.
    Bit confused as to why they're still offering free previews as it's on release already , but let's not look a gift horse in the mouth... At least SFF seems to be picking up again

It hasn't been released yet. Cineworld showed it as an Unlimited preview last night and SFF also showed it on preview.
  • aife
    aife Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Was sure I saw it on some listings last week but maybe it was another preview
  • usejean
    usejean Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Does the theatre freebie list still exist?

TIA
  • Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    usejean wrote: »
    Does the theatre freebie list still exist?

TIA

Yes. The link is still in the stickies post.
  • mvohra
    mvohra Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    gpsymonds wrote: »
    We are very delighted to have a few tickets to a preview of Stronger on 5 December at various locations before it opens nationwide on 8 December.

Based on the true story from the New York Times best seller, Jake Gyllenhaal stars as the working-class Boston man whose iconic photo from the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing captured the hearts of the world. Stronger is the deeply personal account of the heroic journey that came after that photo – defining a man’s inner courage, a community’s pride, a family’s bond and an unexpectedly tenacious love.

For more information and to download tickets:
    Showfilmfirst
    PIN 912949

Social Networks: Please do talk about what you have seen BUT not about SFF or how you got your tickets.

Here are the venues.

Bristol Cribbs Causeway, Vue

Finchley North, Vue

Oxford, Vue

Portsmouth, Vue

Reading, Vue

Southampton, Odeon

York, Vue
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,888 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 December 2017 at 5:35PM
    Hi Everybody

It has been bought to my attention by a member that SFF has recently changed the way in which you can see what cinemas are available and whether they have tickets or not when you enter a code.

I have been made aware that members could see a new post on the codes board with new venues for an already posted code justified but as many of you know, we have debated this often over the years and it was always decided that new codes only should go on the codes only board and not updates of 'new venues' or 'available now' or 'tickets at' posts.

If you spot new venues for a previously posted code, then could we post them on here as usual.

Thanks Guys

Sarah x

p.s Again, as always, its your thread so if the majority agrees that it should be changed and that such posts would be ok then please post on here so we can get a general idea if members views have changed.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • aife
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Hi Everybody

It has been bought to my attention by a member that SFF has recently changed the way in which you can see what cinemas are available and whether they have tickets or not when you enter a code.

I have been made aware that members could see a new post on the codes board with new venues for an already posted code justified but as many of you know, we have debated this often over the years and it was always decided that new codes only should go on the codes only board and not updates of 'new venues' or 'available now' or 'tickets at' posts.

If you spot new venues for a previously posted code, then could we post them on here as usual.

Thanks Guys

Sarah x

p.s Again, as always, its your thread so if the majority agrees that it should be changed and that such posts would be ok then please post on here so we can get a general idea if members views have changed.

Personally I'd like to see all opportunities to get tickets for screenings on the Free Codes board , I don't look at the Discussion Board that much , it wouldn't really have occurred to me to check here for screenings
  • aife
    Question for any Times + members here - If you apply for tickets for their preview screenings , do you usually get them ? Are they always over subscribed , or are there generally enough to meet demand ?
    Do you need to grab them at 6 am to have any chance ?
    Asking because they have a few subscription offers at the moment , wouldn't normally bother but they seem to have a lot of film screenings
  • prenton01
    prenton01 Posts: 260 Forumite
    Question for any Times + members here - If you apply for tickets for their preview screenings , do you usually get them ? Are they always over subscribed , or are there generally enough to meet demand ?
    Asking because they have a few subscription offers at the moment , wouldn't normally bother but they seem to have a lot of film screenings

Hi i always seem to get them no problem for Liverpool
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!

You certainly have to be quick applying for the tickets. It really depends whether you have cinemas in various chains near you as in recent months the showings have not been near us whereas I used to go at least 1 time each month.
    Although I have never been affected my over booking, they do issue too many tickets so if you want a good seat you need to be at the cinema early. Members on Times+ often complain about no viewings in their area & over booking.

Good lick if you decide to subscribe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport