My 5 year plan

Comments

• fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Official weigh in this morning, 16st 4lbs - another pound off! If I can get out of the 16's by the end of Feb I'll be delighted.

On the money front, not lot to report really. Mrs fatrab's return to work interview didn't go well as her manager wasn't prepared, even though it had been arranged for over a month. Frustrating, but we're still hopeful that everything will be in place for her to return on 2nd April.

Hoping for an NSD today but I'm in head office and traditionally that involves some sort of eating out at lunch time. I didn't bring a lot of food with me but enough to get by, so if I do end up buying anything it will be minimal. But this will blow a few of my goals for the month so I'm going to try my best to resist.

Looking forward to the weekend, spend some quality time with baby, cook some nice healthy meals and relax. I've also got both our cars to clean and the advert to write for Mrs' car.

Happy Friday! :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• Well done on the weight loss, you're doing great.

Fingers crossed that MrsF gets to start back ok.

Have a great day x
  • You are doing great on the weight loss :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Brilliant on the weight loss front! Well done!

I know the feeling about the temptation/ peer pressure to eat out when with work colleagues. When I work in the office, there's always someone saying we should go out for lunch and I always feel bad as I'm not in the office all that often.

Good luck with selling your Mrs' car.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • fatrab
    ** Confession Time **

I caved. I had a bacon roll for breakfast. Normally I'd have had 2 rolls or a full fry up, a cake and a can of cola so I have definitely improved, but this means my TAFD target is shattered.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I didn't enjoy it, it was delicious, but oh the guilt!!!!

(dusts self off and gets back on horse)

:)

• JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Definitely get back on that horse!

To be honest, i think it's unrealistic to go cold turkey on these things and i always think it's good to allow yourself a treat now and again. A £2 bacon roll could have instead been a £20 takeaway and a bottle of wine or similar - both financially and weight loss damaging, so i think you can definitely draw a line under the bacon roll and start again.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • mej24
    mej24 Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Congratulations on your weight loss, thats a great result so far. I started a new simple eating & exercise plan at the start of this month at the same starting weight as you (17st 7lb), and I'll be extremely happy if my results are half as good as yours.

Well done
  • fatrab
    Thanks, it has not been easy. Years of eating junk and drinking like a fish not only took their toll on my weight but also my mindset. I used to love cooking but convenience foods just became the norm.

Apart from cooking actual meals and cutting out the booze, the only real change I've made is my eating times. I'm sticking to the 16:8 intermittent fasting plan, where you eat 3 meals over an 8 hour period then don't have anything for 16 hours. So I have breakfast at around 10am then my last meal at 6pm. I've also cut down on carbs like white bread and potatoes but I've still been having the occasional snack so I'm pretty surprised at the results so far tbh.

I'm cutting out sugar this week which is going to be hard. I'm quite partial to a slice of brown toast and jam or an occasional bar of chocolate (maybe once per week) and I have 2 sugars in my tea. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!

This weeks stats:

Fuel 64%
    Chiropractor 25%
    Eating out 3%
    Travel 3%
    Snacking 3%
    Shopping 2%

My shopping was so low this week as Mrs fatrab had almost everything already bought in and we pretty much cleared the cupboards, freezer and fridge!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

• I like the 16:8 works for me when I am organised. There is a good book called the blood sugar diet by Michael Moseley. Going to order it from the library but it is basically what you are doing in a round about fashion. Good luck.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Just caught up on your diary. Well done on the debt busting and weight loss so far.

Will you have nursery fees to factor in when Mrs Fatrab goes back to work? Childcare, I have discovered, can be a huge monthly cost.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills