Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What has set him off do you think Cat?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    CCL Would you and Mr CCL get a better nights sleep if you slept in ds's room instead of the sofa, also you might hear the noises and be able to let ds know what is really causing them.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Oh, I absolutely refuse to sleep in ds room for 2 reasons - 1. It's an absolute tip and 2. He has a cabin bed which I can't get on and off very easily. I'm lucky in that the sofa is really comfy and long enough for me to stretch out and sleep on without too much trouble. DH slept on the sofa last night, but I was still pretty restless in bed with ds. He's always been an anxious child Bob, but he's worrying about everything now. I just want him to get a decent sleep and me as well really...
    I'm still full throttle at work and really, really tired. Think it's going to be a tough run into Christmas. Thankfully I have a week or so to wind down in between school finishing and Christmas actually landing. I feel like I'm running through treacle - just non stop but not really getting anywhere. Life is pretty much work, home and sleep. Can't believe it's December tomorrow!
    Other than that things are ticking on at home - dh is ok after his 24 hour bug. I'm trying to focus on myself a bit at the moment. Crochet and sleep...
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Oh Cat. Sorry DS is making life harder for you. I just wondered whether the young carers people you were involved with would have any advice on child anxiety?

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :coffee:
    And a belated Happy December to all. After just generally exhausting myself at work on Thursday and Friday I actually had a whole day of 'family' and crochet time. Family in inverted commas as the boys went away yesterday afternoon so it's just me, dd and the cats for the rest of the weekend. DH has taken ds to the other end of the country to watch a football match, via visiting his uncle and his brother as well. They went off at lunchtime yesterday and are due back late tonight. Hope ds will be ok for school tomorrow.
    I spent a whole day doing my Christmas crafting yesterday and I feel as though I might finally be starting to see an end in sight. Not doing too well with my handmade Christmas decorations, but the presents are almost done, which is where I need to be at the moment. DD wanted to go shopping yesterday afternoon so we went into a local town for a bit of window shopping and some dinner together. Then we sat in and watched Christmas films, which was lovely. She wants to go shopping again this morning (getting to that age) so we will, then off to visit my mam for a couple of hours for lunch and a catch up. Not sure if we'll do anything else today - maybe just more time together with hot chocolate and TV or something...
    Thanks for mentioning about Young Carers Bob - I'd forgotten to be honest. It is a concerning level of anxiety in one so young and I'd hate to think of ds ending up with anxiety as bad as either me or dh have. I will maybe drop them an email and see if they can offer any advice. Part of the problem is that we're all so run down and tired at the moment - kids and teachers alike. The behaviour at school is just awful at the moment and I'm really not enjoying work that much. Still love what I do but it's a real uphill battle at the moment.
    As for money and mse stuff - I've been doing ok - made it to the end of November with a tiny bit of cash left in the bank. I'm not hopeful for December but one day at a time... I've found a bit of my mojo and have started decluttering the house a little bit. It will be a big job but I'm doing a bit at a time.
    Right - off to catch up on what everyone else has been up to.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Oh, my poor head... I am exhausted. I had such a lovely weekend and I really didn't want to get up and go into work this morning. I had a headache when I woke up and although paracetamol has done it's job of keeping the pain at bay I feel utterly wiped out. I stayed for an hour after work tonight and marked half a set of books, then gave up and came home. DS is tired - it was after 1am when he got home with dh last night so I've had a grumpy boy with me since the end of school. We've had dinner and I think that we're all just hoping for a very early night.
    It's just me and the kids for a few days as dh has gone off driving as he sometimes likes to do. Thankfully I don't mind at all - it's not massively different in terms of needing help with things round the house etc. In fact, there's way less washing up when he's not here I've noticed. He texted me earlier to say that he was in the Scottish Borders and loving it so far, apart from the weather...
    Yesterday was lovely - caught up with my mam and sister (they have made up thankfully) and got into festivities there with all of the kids. Then me and dd came home and watched a load of Christmas films with loads of hot chocolate. It really got me feeling festive and not wanting to go into work at all. Not too long to go though, and we have a week off before Christmas this year so that will be a lovely long run up. :D
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your poorly head. It must be hard at this time of year when kids are so tired trying to get them motivated still. Your all hero's you teachers!

Glad DH could get time off work for his road trip. Hopefully refresh him for xmas.

Night

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening all :hello:
    I'm really aware that I haven't checked in all week. It's not been a deliberate thing - I've been completely and utterly wiped out at work and my mental health is going a little bit downhill at the moment. My anxiety is off the scale and stress levels are quite high. Don't get me wrong - I'm fine and certainly not looking for sympathy. I'm just finding life generally a bit difficult. Mainly because I'm exhausted and more than ready for the hols. Home is fine (apart from ds and his anxiety) but work is just mental. I'm behind with everything and struggling to get along a bit with a couple of my colleagues. I have the reputation at work for being a real whinger, and that gets to me a bit, because whilst I might have a gloomy outlook on life I am actually a kind and caring, decent human being. Not just a mood hoover. Anyway... I'll always be ok in the long run. 5 more school get ups.
    Plan for tonight is an early night and lots more crafting to relax me a bit. I will try and catch up properly on here at some point but it's more likely to be tomorrow than tonight.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    CCL I keep meaning to come and check in with you but then my constant house chasing gets in the way and I forget.

I really hope that your new head brings in some changes that will aid you to actually have free time to catch up on the workload that is having such an effect on you.
    Here's to you having a rest and some proper R&R time for yourself over the xmas period. People have said it before, but you can't pour from an empty cup and I wish nothing more for you than to have the time and rest needed to get yourself in a better frame of mind.

How is DS sleeping at the moment?
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Bobarella
    Options
    I'd noticed you weren't around and hoped all was well. Sorry to hear you sounding so under the cosh. It won't help for me to say it but the holidays are really very soon, and haven't you for your big birthday holiday coming soon too?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport