E.ON Fixed 1 Year £75 Reward

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sandifoot wrote: »
    My E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v19 due to end on 24th February duel fuel. I have been offered the £100 reward to switch to the E.ON Fixed 1 Year £100 Reward tariff with rates of Electricity:15.14p Gas:4.31p. I have been offered another non reward tariff which is cheaper
    E.ON Saver Fixed 1 Year v6 with rates of Electricity:14.83p Gas:4.01p with only £60 exit fee (£30 for gas and electric each)
    so I was tempted just to forgoe the reward as I would be increasing my bill by £264 with the reward tariff and only £216 with the non reward tariff and just sign up with the lower gas and electric tariffs but as I have read I can switch between Eon tariffs with no penalty I wanted to know if I was to switch to the reward tariff and wait till I received the £100 reward email would the lower tariff still be available to me?

Annoyingly the Eon site is down so I can't even check what the rates available to everyone are.
    Any advice for my situation
    FAO Eon offical spokesman - there is no information on your website that I could find about who you can use the vouchers with, i was only able to find out from this thread so I think it should be clearer on the email sent to customers and also on the site It was not even stated on the reward terms and conditions.

Hello sandifoot.

Already some excellent advice from FOREVER21 and fredandwilma. Thanks both.

To confirm, you can switch from one E.ON product to another without picking up an exit fee. These only apply when changing supplier outside of the renewal period.

Also, once you've received the e-code as part of the offer on the £100 Reward Tariff, you can change tariff/supplier without having to return it. As has been said, though, we could remove a tariff at any time and the one you want might have gone by the time you come to switch.

We won't put information about the Reward Tariffs on our website as they're only available to selected customers. I take your point about where to use the e-code rewards though. Customers looking at these tariffs need to know if the outlets are places they would use. I'll let our tariff people know about this. It won't alter the way the current offer has been handled but will be useful should we look at similar promotions in the future.

As fredandwilma have said, the outlets are Amazon, Argos, Ask/Zizzi Restaurants, B&Q, Currys, Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, Pizza Express and Starbucks.

Hope this is useful sandifoot. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Matt17
    Matt17 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Malc I signed up for this £75 reward tariff and my v19 tariff ended on 2nd Feb but I have been put on the standard energyplan tariff. I have phoned Eon about this and was told there is nothing in the system about the reward tariff.
    I never received an email confirmation but I did take a screenshot confirming "you've now signed up for your new Eon tariff"
    Can you give me any help with this please?
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello Matt17.

When you applied for this tariff, did you go through the link in the email we originally sent about the offer? This link directs customers to a joint Energylinx/E.ON website. The landing page then asks for an account number so the right offer is shown. From there, customers can decide whether or not to accept the offer.

The offer is only available through this route and, if you followed this path and clicked to accept, you should've been okay. If not, it wouldn't have been recorded on the account.

Advisors don't have access to this tariff so wouldn't have been able to see anything about it. Do you still have the original email?

Let me know Matt17. Drop an email to the address in my Profile with the screenshot you mention. Can't promise anything as there are strict rules with this type of offer as above but happy to take a look.

Malc

PS/ I'm not in now until Thursday so please don't think I'm ignoring you.
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • nick_pike
    Options
    Hi Malc, just for interest, can you tell us how many customers have left E-ON, since to raised your prices by eye watering amounts?
    Options
    nick_pike wrote: »
    Hi Malc, just for interest, can you tell us how many customers have left E-ON, since to raised your prices by eye watering amounts?

Morning nick pike and, to be honest, not a clue. This sort of information isn't shared with advisors at our level.

Sorry I'm unable to help this time.

Malc
  • summer2000
    Options
    I have had the £100 reward tariff since 9th Feb and still no sign of my reward over a month later despite phoning over 5 times and speaking to many resolution managers. Its a joke DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS!!!!!. I shall be moving to another supplier this week and they had better not charge an exit fee.
    Options
    summer2000 wrote: »
    I have had the £100 reward tariff since 9th Feb and still no sign of my reward over a month later despite phoning over 5 times and speaking to many resolution managers. Its a joke DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS!!!!!. I shall be moving to another supplier this week and they had better not charge an exit fee.

Hello summer2000 and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you're still waiting for your Rewards having signed up to this tariff over a month ago. There have been delays for some customers with this tariff both setting it up and sending out the e-codes/e-vouchers. All is being backdated to when the tariff was first signed up to and we're working with a partner, Grass Roots, who are handling the e-vouchers on our behalf.

Are you waiting for an email with an e-code? This is a unique number that can be exchanged for a retail e-voucher. Or, have you received this and are waiting for the e-voucher from our partners?

A couple of problems we've come across are where the email address we have is wrong and also where a customer's computer settings are filtering out our emails. Not saying either of these applies to your situation. They're just some of the things we've come across. We had a briefing about this yesterday and your Complaint Manager will be able to advise more.

Once received, you're under no obligation to return the e-code/e-voucher if you decide to leave us. I do, though, need to make you aware that there's a £50 exit fee if you change supplier outside the renewal period (49 calendar days before the tariff end date until 20 working days after).

Sorry again about the delay summer2000.

Malc
  • nick_pike
    nick_pike Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    summer2000 wrote: »

You're doing the correct thing. These money back/ voucher schemes are smoke and mirrors. You still end up paying more for your energy. My increases were £430, so I changed to IRESA. £100 back still made it £330 more with E_ON. I can't understand anyone staying with them There are a lot of cheaper suppliers.
  • nick_pike
    nick_pike Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Hello summer2000 and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you're still waiting for your Rewards having signed up to this tariff over a month ago. There have been delays for some customers with this tariff both setting it up and sending out the e-codes/e-vouchers. All is being backdated to when the tariff was first signed up to and we're working with a partner, Grass Roots, who are handling the e-vouchers on our behalf.

Are you waiting for an email with an e-code? This is a unique number that can be exchanged for a retail e-voucher. Or, have you received this and are waiting for the e-voucher from our partners?

A couple of problems we've come across are where the email address we have is wrong and also where a customer's computer settings are filtering out our emails. Not saying either of these applies to your situation. They're just some of the things we've come across. We had a briefing about this yesterday and your Complaint Manager will be able to advise more.

Once received, you're under no obligation to return the e-code/e-voucher if you decide to leave us. I do, though, need to make you aware that there's a £50 exit fee if you change supplier outside the renewal period (49 calendar days before the tariff end date until 20 working days after).

Sorry again about the delay summer2000.

Malc

What a mess. In my opinion, you used to make a mess of the normal supply/ billing procedure. Why call these things rewards? They're just pay off for being a mug and staying with you. 42% and 48% more than IRESA. BTW, IRESA do not charge exit fees. I think you have a nerve charging these, and especially so high. We are encouraged by government to shop/ swap around, but your excessive fees negate this procedure. Something should be done about this.
    Options
    nick_pike wrote: »
    What a mess. In my opinion, you used to make a mess of the normal supply/ billing procedure. Why call these things rewards? They're just pay off for being a mug and staying with you. 42% and 48% more than IRESA. BTW, IRESA do not charge exit fees. I think you have a nerve charging these, and especially so high. We are encouraged by government to shop/ swap around, but your excessive fees negate this procedure. Something should be done about this.

Not sure if you're aware nick pike but we're stopping Rewards shortly. From 31 March 17, the Reward scheme will be withdrawn. Customers with points saved will have time to exchange them for either Tesco Clubcard points or High Street Shopping Vouchers but, from this date, no more points can be earned.

Also, the last of our Rewards tariffs was withdrawn from sale on 14 February 17. This now leaves the tariffs on our website as the only ones currently available.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure