MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade

Comments

• OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    God I hope not.

All they can 'play' is 'The Great Escape' but I guess that might be quite apt!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_England_Band
    Clearly not a typo! ('k' and 'd' are miles apart on the qwerty keyboard). Bank vs.band.

Some sort of Freudian slip? :D
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Johntea wrote: »
    I still cannot get the iPhone app working with Touch ID, it offers the option to set it up but comes up with an 'Unexpected Error' as soon as you try! I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

It worked great before the IT outage!

From the FAQs
    Can I set up fingerprint recognition or iris technology?
    You can still use your memorable information with the Mobile App, but we can’t set up fingerprint recognition technology right now. We’re doing everything we can to get this back up-and-running.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • Caddyman
    Caddyman Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    The 5% they are paying me on £1,500.

Not that hard was it?

You're making out that it's a lot of money in interest and it isn't, it's less than the price of a couple of pints of beer. I continually had a balance of more than £1500 up until my switch and on 3 percent interest I received just £3.41 interest during April 2018. I appreciate you might need the extra money but some of us would rather have a banking platform that works flawlessly. I wouldn't have switched if it hadn't been for this IT problem.
  • Organist
    Organist Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 May 2018 at 8:10AM
    Sorry! Should have said bank serving the UK. But as I said "any UK bank" I didn't mention ownership I can't see your comment is relevant. As they like Santander have a UK banking license are far as I'm concerned they are a UK bank.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Caddyman wrote: »
    You're making out that it's a lot of money in interest and it isn't,

No I'm not. I stated a reason why I would keep my account with them which was a clear answer to your ridiculous comment that you could not think of any reason why people would remain customers. While it is only on a relatively small sum it is still earning above inflation and thus , not only protecting the value of that £1,500 but also increasing it. Like many others on here, I use the Classic Plus account as part of a strategy for savings where my moneyis split across a number of accounts. It would just be dumb to deny myself a market leading interest rate because of a hissy fit over some IT problems that have caused me nothing more than very minor irritation.
    it's less than the price of a couple of pints of beer.

Where do you drink??? It's a little bit shy of £75 per year.

I continually had a balance of more than £1500 up until my switch and on 3 percent interest I received just £3.41 interest during April 2018. I appreciate you might need the extra money but some of us would rather have a banking platform that works flawlessly. I wouldn't have switched if it hadn't been for this IT problem.

Oh, don't worry I have substantially more money than that, but I'm not an idiot, so I'm not going to deny myself a market leading and inflation beating inerest rate.

You said something daft and hyperbolic. Admit that you did and don't compound the error by trying to argue that black is white.
  • where_are_we
    where_are_we Posts: 999 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    "it's less than the price of a couple of pints of beer.
    Originally posted by Caddyman"
    Like ValiantSon and, I suspect a lot of forumites, we use TSB Classic Plus current accounts as solely pseudo savings accounts. We certainly will not be saying "adios" to 4 x £30 extra annual interest (2% extra) in addition to the already generous 4 x £45 (3%) annual interest (we have 2 accounts each). I sympathise with those TSB Classic Plus current account holders for whom this is their sole current account. They should seriously consider opening another current account in order to partially mitigate any banking problems in the future and keep the TSB Classic Current account to benefit from 5% interest on £1500. By all means, switch your "active" TSB current account to another bank if you feel very angry, and benefit from one of the switching offers available.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Only the price of a pint or Only £1 so not worth worrying about. The reason why so many are in debt.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    For me the muddle has been only a minor inconvenience as I only use my two TSB plus current accounts as a savings account for £3000.

5% interest on £3000 is fine by me.
  • PaulSh
    PaulSh Posts: 21 Forumite
    So what exactly isn't working? With the single exception of the pending transactions not being listed in the current accounts, it looks fine to me (and that's two Classic Plus accounts, one eSaver and a credit card), and almost as fast as the old system was. Although that's probably because most people are out sunning themselves rather than checking their bank balances.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    PaulSh wrote: »
    So what exactly isn't working? With the single exception of the pending transactions not being listed in the current accounts, it looks fine to me (and that's two Classic Plus accounts, one eSaver and a credit card), and almost as fast as the old system was. Although that's probably because most people are out sunning themselves rather than checking their bank balances.

So tell me where and when TSB have advised that everything is fixed and working. See :

https://www.tsb.co.uk/personal/

Thought not so bye bye.:D:D:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family