How long does it take for credit card debt to show?

I'm completing on a house tomorrow and funds were meant to have been sent to my solicitor this morning - but the lender have now said it'll be done first thing tomorrow morning and it's all ready to go.

I needed to buy a few things on credit card, which I was going to do tonight as soon as funds had cleared. My mortgage broker has said that this is fine as it wouldn't show up on my credit report in time for the lender to spot anyway if they chose to do another credit check.

I know it's best to not take a risk so happy to wait if need be, just wanted to see what everyone else thinks and if it actually wouldn't show up in time.

Thanks!

Comments

• The usage of your credit card will be updated with the CRAs in the next monthly cycle. It is common for there to be a 4-6 week delay...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • You'll be fine, one of the conditions on my mortgage was to clear £1.3k off one of my CCs...nobody checked, nobody knew.

As above, your CC balance won't be updated for some time.
    Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.
  • T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    kamalious wrote: »
    I'm completing on a house tomorrow and funds were meant to have been sent to my solicitor this morning - but the lender have now said it'll be done first thing tomorrow morning and it's all ready to go.

I needed to buy a few things on credit card, which I was going to do tonight as soon as funds had cleared. My mortgage broker has said that this is fine as it wouldn't show up on my credit report in time for the lender to spot anyway if they chose to do another credit check.

I know it's best to not take a risk so happy to wait if need be, just wanted to see what everyone else thinks and if it actually wouldn't show up in time.

Thanks!

You are alright to use the credit card. Unless the credit card lender is on the MODA database, real-time information will not be submitted to TransUnion. The other two main agencies do not provide real-time updating mechanisms.

Even if your credit card lender was on the MODA database and updated your account daily, the likelihood of the mortgage lender being on there is next to none and thankfully, lenders who are not MODA participants themselves cannot access other lenders' MODA information from TransUnion.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure