How expensive are tea bags !!!

Comments

• Recently bought my mum 11 X 240 Tetley from Tesco@ £2.99 box to beat brexit price hikes.
    If I ruled the world.......
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Daz2009 wrote: »
    Are the lidl gold blend alright then ?

I've been on the Lidl Knightsbridge Red Label for ages, they're as good as any & cost £1.15 for 160 bags.

The Gold Blend are stronger.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm happy with Sainsbury's Red Label at £2.90 for 240 bags. It makes a good strong cup.
  • I'm just happy to have a box of Tetley Decaffeinated in my cupboard.
  • Decaf tea is disgusting.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My tea bags went out of date in 2008, still in the cupboard for the one cup I may have a year.
  • The lidl gold tea bags are OK. My husband really liked them but I really like a stronger tea so I prefer the red label ones. I always stock up when lidl has them on the super weekend deals. B&m sell bags of 1150 typhoo. Last time I went in there they were 9.99 but that was a while ago so will probably be more now.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    DUKE wrote: »
    I've been on the Lidl Knightsbridge Red Label for ages, they're as good as any & cost £1.15 for 160 bags.

The Gold Blend are stronger.

I used to be a PG girl until I worked out the price per bag, then I went through a few of the own brand ones, Tesco value were horrible, as were Asda, but then I tried Sainsbury Basics which were OK for a while, until the price went up hideously (long before Brexit) and now I use the Lidl Knightsbridge Red Label, they are absolutely fine and many of my friends have converted to them after having a cuppa here and being convinced that I still used PG!

OH uses the Gold version, I use the decaf version for my last couple of cuppas before bed. Gold is too strong for me, but there is only a slight difference between the red and the decaf, and it is a fair price to pay for a decent nights' sleep.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • no.1swimmum
    no.1swimmum Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    We only drink decaf which is marginally more expensive than ordinary tea, but buy ours in poundland for a box of 80 typhoo decaf - they have regular typhoo and sometimes even pg tips.
    Fibro-Warrior
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Appalling, but I think it's better to find something you like & lay in a stash, and take the HowMuch?! shock later.

Mind, I have five boxes of Coops own label stashed, taking advantage of a Christmas promotion & a couple of boxes of Sainsburys own white label which I intended to use for dying wool & may end up drinking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure