Blogging

Comments

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    rachelja wrote: »
    Thanks for your input Ilona! Your thoughts are interesting! I'm thinking it is going to be quite time-consuming, though that's not a problem. I do have a notebook, but I need to be more organized as I just have random scribbles all over the house!! I'm also finding that I'm discovering what I don't want to write about too, if that makes sense? I think I'll end up deleting or altering my original content to go in a bit of a different direction but that's all part of the journey :-) :-)

Your page view stats are absolutely amazing!!!

Hi Rachel. Yes, it is very time consuming, perhaps find an hour every day which you could devote to it. The more time you can give it, the quicker it will grow. Think of it as an investment.

I sometimes sit down to write a post and have no ideas in my head whatsoever. I start writing about something simple like a daily chit chat, and then something happens, and it goes off in a completely different direction. My fingers can't keep up with my brain ha ha. This is where the creative juices take over. It's like starting a painting with a blank canvas, daub some paint on and let the picture take you on a journey. It's the same with writing.

Don't be worried about making it too polished and word perfect, get the spelling right, (I use a dictionary), and the grammar almost right. Concentrate on building up a close relationship with your readers, let your personality shine through. They want to identify with you as a real person, not some machine that churns out article after article. You have to nurture your audience. It's a fine line between a blog and a web site, you decide which side of the line you want to be.

Don't delete what you have done already, it is a record of who you are. People change directions through their lives, it's ok to change direction on your blog, it's a reflection of your character. Some of my earlier posts were a bit basic, but I won't delete them.

Your blog is a journey, go where it takes you. Mine started off about my very frugal life, making ends meet on very little money. Now it includes everything I do, walking, cheap hobbies, arts and crafts, gardening, recycling, my pets, village life, budgeting, and shopping or not shopping.

I shall keep my eye on your blog, go girl.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • I have couple of blogs not writing myself I have couple of writers, main income comes from ads and affiliates.

Let me know if you have some questions
  • I actually blog for a charity.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    tdavid88 wrote: »
    I have couple of blogs not writing myself I have couple of writers, main income comes from ads and affiliates.

Let me know if you have some questions

Hi. I can't see any articles in your blog, just a list of small businesses in the USA. You pay writers, they write lists, and people pay you to join the list. My question is, how is this a blog?

ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Robinette
    Robinette Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I write for several blogs, one in my own name and several as a ghost writer (pretending to be the blog owner!). This is something I really enjoy and is a good source of income; in turn, the blog owners earn through either affiliate marketing or e-commerce, with some earning much more than others!
  • Robinette wrote: »
    I write for several blogs, one in my own name and several as a ghost writer (pretending to be the blog owner!). This is something I really enjoy and is a good source of income; in turn, the blog owners earn through either affiliate marketing or e-commerce, with some earning much more than others!

Hi, which affiliate marketing company do you use? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks.
  • deskhelp
    deskhelp Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Prefer wordpress blog easy to use.
  • It's something I've wanted to do but I can't settle on a subject. How did you guys decide what to focus your blog on?
  • Fallen-Angel
    Fallen-Angel Posts: 163 Forumite
    It's something I've wanted to do but I can't settle on a subject. How did you guys decide what to focus your blog on?

I didn't. I write about anything and everything I want to ;)
  • I think blogging is one of the most underrated ways to make money from home.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure