The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Shopandscan - screenwise

13»

Comments

• paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,416
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    i have just been invited to this panel is it worth doing and is there a certain amount of devices you have to let them monitor?

I like it. Don't have to do much once you have set it all up. Just apps on tablets and box for TV.
  • An engineer came yesterday to set up my screenwise equipment which I was really looking forward to. My laptop, phone and husbands phone are all working ok on wifi (samsung) but my daughters and friends phones (apple) wont connect to the internet. Also our printer wont connect. Does anyone know if its anything simple we need to sort this? Will give shopandscan a ring.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • paul2louise
    Forumite
    An engineer came yesterday to set up my screenwise equipment which I was really looking forward to. My laptop, phone and husbands phone are all working ok on wifi (samsung) but my daughters and friends phones (apple) wont connect to the internet. Also our printer wont connect. Does anyone know if its anything simple we need to sort this? Will give shopandscan a ring.

Do u have to set them up as well. My husband didn't want his phone included so we left that out. The iPad is too old for this so that isn't monitored either. You could ring them but I would have s go with what you have working for now for a few weeks and see how you get on
  • Im only connecting my phone to the scheme as everyone else thinks it could be dodgy even though I have explained I have done my research and its all above board lol

The problem I have is that the girls phones just wont reconnect to our usual wifi. Keeps saying password wrong.

Have rung them but Im not very techno so someone ringing back this afternoon whilst husband is here. Hopefully sort his printer out as well.

Just hoping we can get it sorted as you know what youngsters are like if they cant get on the internet. :eek:

If no solution on phone they will organise someone to come out next week so dont know if I can disconnect the screenwise thing so the girls can get on wifi till engineer comes.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Ok so Im up and running with everything working again.

The screenwise wifi was interfering with our own and the engineer neglected to tell me he had set up my laptop using the new wifi password.

A booklet giving a little basic info for techno phobes like me would be a good idea.

Anyway.......hoping to start to earn a few more points now. My only query now is.......when the TV is switched off and everyone is signed out, the symbol box is continually flashing. Is this normal or is there something I should be doing to stop it?
  • paul2louise
    Forumite
    Ok so Im up and running with everything working again.

The screenwise wifi was interfering with our own and the engineer neglected to tell me he had set up my laptop using the new wifi password.

A booklet giving a little basic info for techno phobes like me would be a good idea.

Anyway.......hoping to start to earn a few more points now. My only query now is.......when the TV is switched off and everyone is signed out, the symbol box is continually flashing. Is this normal or is there something I should be doing to stop it?
    You may need to move the clamp on TV power cable up and down a bit. I had similar problems. They sent me another clamp and it's all fine now.
  • I’ve just had this installed, it seems pretty good, does anybody know why the box flashes a couple of times every so often while you are watching tv?

Also at night we just switch it off at the wall, is that right?

Lastly I’ve also got the router but I keep hearing people talking about an app, I wasn’t told about the app by the engineer just told to use the router when using my phone and iPad.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,110
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 26 March 2019 at 2:03PM
    I think you are supposed to leave on at night, that is when it reports back to base so they told me
    I used to switch mine off at night, but had message they were not getting info and that was reason why

Mine flashes now & then, no idea why, I ignore it

I've only got a router, maybe app is for those who have more elaborate set ups?

I've has it for a good couple of years, and it just works away clocking up points without giving me grief
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure