Income target of £300 per month from online freelancing - realistic or not?

Hi everyone.

I've been looking at ways to increase my income and I noticed on some threads that people have used companies like Appen, Upwork etc.

Some posters have indicated that as little as 30 minutes a day can pay £300 a month. However, from some Google searches it seems the roles are difficult to get, and entry-level rates appear lower than that.

I'm looking for some advice from anyone here who uses these sites, and any extra
info on how it all works, pros and cons, how much time I'd have to spend initially to hit the £300 target and then how long it's take to build the skills/experience to hit that amount in 30 mins a day.

As extra background, I work full time in the investment management industry so have a reasonable grasp of data analysis, regulation, and Excel but I've not got any real experience in coding, app development etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You will probably do better reading a few of the individual threads and getting a feel for the various options.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure