Not sure where to post this: re kinship care

124»

Comments

• theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Do you have friends with slightly larger little ones? If you let people know what you are looking for you may find they have stuff they are glad to hand on.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Teabag, I'm afraid I don't have any practical suggestions but didn't want to 'read and run'. You are clearly working hard to play the hand life has dealt you and, IMHO, that deserves respect.

I would also like to echo thorsoak's reminder that all of us are only a moment away from major life changes. I refer to my previous life as being when I was 'TAB' - temporarily able bodied!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Just wanted to say I hope you and your family are ok Teabag. I know how rough this phase of this process is. You are doing a wonderful thing, and ultimately being with family and having (appropriate) access with his birth mother will help in the long run
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Genuine Question - is mental health / learning problems hereditary ? I have never heard of one family with so many problems.
  • BBH123 wrote: »
    Genuine Question - is mental health / learning problems hereditary ? I have never heard of one family with so many problems.

I don’t think this thread is the place for that discussion.
  • Amanda65
    Amanda65 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Teabag

You mentioned you and your OH had both had to stop working, what work did you do? There may be an occupational benevolent fund I could suggest if you don't mind sharing the info (you can PM me if you prefer)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure