12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Ginger, I bought odd bits off eBay as it was a good price but waited to get a lot of stuff until after the 20 week scan, mainly just to check all was ok. Same with telling folk, I put a post up after the 20 week scan. I got carried away on a few Facebook posts when chatting on mumsnet and the like so a few found out earlier than I’d have liked, but I forgot how many posts end up elsewhere. But I’ve seen folk announce and buy stuff from the off.

I’ll be joining the other post a week tomorrow. I feel like it’s flying :)
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 January 2019 at 6:56PM
    Options
    Hi All

Was on the less than 12 weeks but with Christmas ect forgot to upgrade threads so to speak

So I'm 14 weeks 4 days now and doing ok had our first official scan on the 17th Dec and all is looking good which is a relief as we had a threatened miscarriage at around week 9 or so and had to wait 10 days for a scan to confirm either way unfortunately OH couldn't attend that one but was there for the 17th.

Told all our family Christmas Eve and got mixed emotions OH's brothers couldn't have given a monkeys but my brother is over the moon and I think more excited than me and OH put together which I was really shocked at.

Did a BIG baby shop on the 27th we have ordered our pram, furniture, raincover, changing bag, baby seat, bottle sterliser and bouncing chair and got quite a bit off in the sale. Already have a stack of clothes and my Nan is on the verge of causing a national wool shortage with the amount shes been knitting for us

Putting off buying anything else now till we have our anomoly scan on the 8th Feb hoping to find out what we are having as seeing the MIL the next day as going to Birmingham to see Ozzy Osbourne and Judas Priest with OH so hoping to go on a massive spending spree with her in the Bull Ring. Hoping it'll behave better than it did at the first scan!

Properly showing now and have been since the start of December but seem to have stayed the same size since then but from what my mum told me she was the same with me so hopefully that's a sign it's a girl lol

Hope everyone else is doing well xx
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • GingerSaurus
    Options
    Wow Faith you sound organised!

We’ve only bought a couple of small items in the sales. We’ve seen a lot that we like but I want to wait until after the 20 week scan before buying the big things. We’re not finding out the gender and I’ve found that there’s not a lot of neutral things that I like which is probably a good thing, otherwise I would go crazy!

Is anyone else not showing at all? I’m 13 weeks tomorrow and still fitting comfortably into my clothes.
  • Faith177
    Options
    Wow Faith you sound organised!

We’ve only bought a couple of small items in the sales. We’ve seen a lot that we like but I want to wait until after the 20 week scan before buying the big things. We’re not finding out the gender and I’ve found that there’s not a lot of neutral things that I like which is probably a good thing, otherwise I would go crazy!

Is anyone else not showing at all? I’m 13 weeks tomorrow and still fitting comfortably into my clothes.

We’re in the process of getting new windows, kitchen and bathroom as well as redecorating the spare room and nursery plus getting new carpets right through so got to be sorted otherwise I fear we won’t get it done lol
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    GingerSaurus - I think I moved into maternity jeans around the 13-14 week mark (but I did stop wearing some tighter clothes before that point). I tend to wear high waisted jeans etc though so less forgiving. Looking back through my photos I 'popped' at around 20 weeks, but could hide it quite easily until around 28. It was a bit easier as we moved into cold weather season, but you'll still be in winter clothes for a little while :)
  • loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi folks! 22 weeks tomorrow!

So we're looking for stuff to buy now there are a few sales on. What have you been advised is a necessity at this point?

Thanks
    In debt no more!
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • HappyLassie13
    Options
    22 weeks today ☺️
    Midwife appointment on Wednesday. Hope you’re all doing well.
  • Faith177
    Options
    Aldi baby event starts 10th Jan in case anyone is interested
  • HappyLassie13
    Options
    Had my appointment today. Baby is very active. Recorded heartbeat of around 156bpm. Next appointment is whooping cough injection and then GTT at 26 weeks ☺️
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback