“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Really hope things start to improve for you soon. You don't deserve all this s**t. One day this will all just be a distant memory, promise xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    In the circumstances that's a good plan with the cakes I reckon - good thinking.

Don't worry about the CT - just keep on doing what you're doing and if they try to say you've got to have a payment review and they're adding more fees as a result then we'll just get our heads together and see how best to challenge it.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Okay I can't sleep. I'm so itchy! anyway..

Bills to be paid in February

Rent £226.14
    Rent £226.14
    Council Tax £135
    Virgin £70 (Includes quite a few calls this month! £21 nearly :o)
    Electric £80
    Gas £60
    Bill 1 £105
    Bill 2 £130
    Bill 3 £25
    Bill 4 £100
    Bill 5 £40
    Bill 6 £40
    Bill 7 £135 (3rd March)

Expensive month then.
    Also need the smalls birthday gifts. I still have no idea what to get them :o DS probably something game related, DD something crafty, Youngest something noisy and annoying. £80ish in total I think.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Oh took me that long to reply I had visitors :D

It will pass SA. Counting down the days/weeks.

Thank you EH, I plan to just pay CT as I have been and hope they continue on a similar plan. If anything my SOA shows I have less available now than before so fingers crossed they just take what I've been doing so far.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon Wannabe.

You are amazing the way you keep going, no matter how bad things get. You deserve so much credit for that :T.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Ahh there isn't much 'GO' left in me right now HH :rotfl:

For the last 4 weeks I've only left the sofa to shower and things that are life or death and to attend hospital :rotfl: :o I do need to keep going though so even if that is only posting here then its a start ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just do one day at a time WF , that’s the best thing to do . I guess as everyday goes on you will get better .

If it means just sitting on the sofa then so be it. Can you claim the money back for taxis to the hospital ?
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Just do one day at a time WF , that’s the best thing to do . I guess as everyday goes on you will get better .

If it means just sitting on the sofa then so be it. Can you claim the money back for taxis to the hospital ?

I'm not sure?

They do have transport because it isn't at B town hospital its over near your town. But the times just don't work right and mean hanging around for hours. I know that's what I should probably do considering it's free transport :o
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It might be worth asking , if you are coming my way it won’t be cheap . I understand waiting for free transport is awful if you just want to get home.
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Hope the council tax sorts out quickly and easily and that you can continue with the way things are now (or that they'll ask for less considering your on less income).

Birthday planning gets expensive doesn't it? DD2 birthday in 2 weeks and she has just mentioned wanting a 'sort of party'. She hates noise and fuss so we have spoke about a pamper party type thing. DD3 then told me she's been invited to an ice skating party and would like an ice skating party for her birthday too.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback