Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 2nd Jan 17, 9:55 PM
    • 2,978Posts
    • 21,618Thanks
    sashybo
    Sashybo - Back Again
    • 2nd Jan 17, 9:55 PM
    Sashybo - Back Again 2nd Jan 17 at 9:55 PM
    Hi all, has been a good long while this time since I've had a diary, think this is number 4 overall. My last diary can be found HERE.

Current debt now under 10K. This is mostly made up of loans we had to take out to cover the negative equity of the flat we sold a couple of years ago.

I must admit we have slipped occasionally and had to do a couple of BT's etc as got into a bit more debt when we bought a new house & wanted shiny new things to go in it.

Overall, things are headed in the right direction but now we have a new challenge as DH & I are expecting a baby in May.

I only get 3 months full pay then 3 months half pay on maternity leave in my job & won't be able to go back full time as we both do shift work and there's no way to work childcare around the shifts we do (7 days in a row & many unsociable hours to boot). So we'll have to reduce the spending & batter the debt as will have a smaller income.

So I've come crawling back - I find having a diary here does help to keep me focused and stop so much silly spending.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

PAD started 27/01/09 - £12,530 extra paid off debt. Total Debt paid off £59,660
    Car loans £17,374.38

Have a Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
Page 40
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 8th Dec 18, 10:57 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Had a lovely day today with DS, DH & our twin nieces putting up our outside Christmas lights, wreath on the door & then the Christmas tree in the living room.

DS was pretty well behaved although one niece & I had to go for a walk with him down the street to the play park (due to lots of angry screaming ) whilst DH & my other niece did the outside lights. DS was very determined he wanted to walk & look at everything & then had a shot on the swing.

Made tuna pasta bake for dinner with the girls' help and a peach cobbler for dessert. One of the girls burnt her hand whilst we were cooking & I felt bad as it happened when I turned away for 10 seconds max. It wasn't a bad burn thankfully but she was feeling quite sore for a while afterwards.

One of my nieces brought up in conversation that a boy in the same high school as their brother had killed himself the other day due to being bullied. Think it hit a nerve with them as he was a twin & it was his brother who found him. The poor boy was only 14. Both nieces wanted to talk about it & they both kept saying "but he was a twin & it was his brother who found him".

I didn't really know what to say (they're only 10) but I told them that's why it's so important to always tell someone or talk to someone if something bad is happening to you like being bullied so badly that you think death is the only way out. I said it doesn't need to be your mum, it could be one of your grans or me or one of your uncles. I know my sister had talked to them about it too as obviously they had heard about it from their brother.

Such a tragedy for that poor boys' family, I can't even imagine how terrible it must be for them. Bl**dy heartbreaking.

Have been trying to keep up with the surveys, claimed another £10 voucher from SB so waiting on that & got one from S&S too. Got £11 through from quidco so that can go towards Christmas spends. Had another invitation to the food diary through S&S so that will get me another £10 at least.

Steam cleaned the kitchen & utility room floors the other day, just need to do the bathrooms upstairs. Stripped the bed this morning & sheets washed and put away. Another washing from yesterday put away & one hung up to dry.

Watched a couple of Christmas films the last few nights when DH was late shift as he just rolls his eyes if I watch them when he's around. They were cheesy but quite enjoyable. Even DS enjoyed watching part of one.

Have wrapped pretty much everything except DS's presents so am feeling quite organised. Need to write & post Christmas cards next week, most going to Englandshire. Will need to buy stamps. Dreading how much that will cost.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 9th Dec 18, 10:03 AM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Have had a fairly productive morning so far, changed DS's bedding (cot sheet & sleeping bag) & put a washing of his things on. Have made chilli & stuck it in the slow cooker, will make baked potatoes later to go with it. Might do rice pudding in the oven whilst it's on too. DH doing an OT shift today, he should be home for 5pm. I'm working late shifts tomorrow & Tuesday.

Have been 5p off cash out on OP for about a week - finally hit that, so now waiting on £25 coming through. Think it will be next month before I see this though. I have some survey money that I'll put towards Christmas spending on the CC we use & clear every month (for cashback).

Have reduced the DD to the 0% CC from £100 to £50 this month (assuming I've altered it in time) to help out with Christmas. This will still take the total down to £300 so we can clear it by March as long as we put the DD back up.

I bought a cook book for my 12yo nephew as part of his Christmas using a voucher from surveys as he's started showing an interest in making his own lunches/snacks etc. Hopefully it will be good, it was written by a teenager for teenagers so we'll see.

Also got a box of simple jigsaws for DS that I can use for his present from Santa at the playgroup Christmas party (again using the voucher). Need to wrap & label it then hand it in at the party so Santa can give him it. Will be interesting to see what he thinks of Santa.

Might watch a Christmas film with DS in a bit, not that he'll watch most of it but he will pootle about playing & I can watch it.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 9th Dec 18, 2:02 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Forgot to mention the bargain winter flowering cactuses (cacti?) that I got in Mr M's the other day. They were only £1.88 each so I got two, one with light pink/white flowers & one with dark pink flowers.

The only problem is that my kitchen windowsill is now very crowded with 3 African violets & 2 winter flowering cactus. I need to get some pretty pots for the cactus. I love having houseplants, they cheer me up.

Have cleaned out the cat litter trays & just going to put the rice pudding into the oven.

I watched a very cheesy Christmas film earlier too.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 12th Dec 18, 10:14 AM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Had a bit of a falling out with DH on Sunday when he came home from work. He said he was going upstairs to get changed so naturally I assumed he would be back down in 5 mins or so.

I put out dinner & then waited....and waited. DS had finished his dinner & I had almost finished by the time DH re-appeared. I had also shouted up the stairs for him to come & get his dinner because it was going cold (like he was a child! ).

I was actually raging & he went in a huff because I had shouted up the stairs at him (?? Men *roll eyes emoji needed here*). When I asked what was wrong with him I got told to F off.

Apparently I was the one in the wrong for not psychically knowing he was going to take half an hour to get changed! He said he needed to shave - why didn't he tell me that & I would have known to leave him to get his dinner when he came back downstairs.

He didn't like me saying why didn't he shout down & tell me because he knew I was right! I did also say he always does this (which he does) - Just gets up & wanders off and doesn't come back for half an hour or an hour at a time or longer. He's usually playing on the computer upstairs or in the garage but doesn't actually tell me!

Irritates the hell out of me. He said "Why should I have to tell you where I am every minute of the day" Err, no just letting me know if you're leaving the room/house for more than half an hour would be nice rather than wandering off & me having to come searching for you. I feel like I have a big child as well as a small child at times.

Worked two late shifts so am feeling a bit tired today. Will try & take DS for a wee walk after lunch to tire him out a bit for his nap.

We wrote all of our Christmas cards yesterday & DH has posted them this morning. Cost nearly £14 for 24 second class stamps. We still have 6 left over as I'm hand delivering 6 or 7 cards to save a bit of money.

Need to wrap the remaining presents but there's not too many. Promised my shift at work that I would make dumpling between now & Hogmanay but will need to buy some dried mixed fruit as seem to have run out.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 14th Dec 18, 1:56 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    It's freezing here today, so cold that DS didn't even try to pull his woolly hat (complete with giant bobble) off! I had to defrost the car at 12 o'clock before going to Mr Al's with the boy for some supplies.

DS had a bit of a screaming fit when he realised we were going into a supermarket. Right when I was trying to get a trolley so of course I was blocking everyone else with DS kicking & screaming & me trying to wrestle both him & the trolley. A kind lady spoke to DS & distracted him long enough for me to wheech him into the trolley & do up the belt so he couldn't escape.

I managed to distract him from screaming all round Mr Al's with some mini chocolate fingers & by giving him things to hold. He then realised there were lots of people to look at & flirt with so he was mostly really good actually.

When we got home I took him down to the play park down the hill from us. There's only a see-saw, 2 baby swings & another wee toy but it's fine for DS at his age. He climbed onto the see-saw himself so I pushed down on the other side - didn't want to sit on it in case I sent him flying. Then he wanted on the swing so we did that for a while but it was bitter cold so we only stayed 10 mins or so. There was another tantrum on the way back up the hill as he wanted to walk on everyone's grass. He was picked up surfboard style as there was a lot of kicking.

Have done a couple of surveys today & got £20 m&s vouchers through the post from one of my panels. I forgot I'd ordered them. It means I should have £40 m&s vouchers to put towards some Christmas food. Should really go to the local butcher & order our steak pie for the new year, will probably do that next week though.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 16th Dec 18, 8:54 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Made soda bread, dumpling & a chicken, coconut & lemongrass soup yesterday. My dumpling was a bit dry which was annoying but took half into work today anyway. DS enjoyed some of it with custard for his pudding last night.

Also did a few washings yesterday & tidied a bit but not much else in the way of housework. Really need to hoover so might try & do that when I get home from work tomorrow. DH might do it before work though as he usually does it.

Wrapped another few presents, including the small one that DS will get from Santa at the playgroup Christmas party later this week.

Work was fine today & I got quite a lot done which I was pleased about. DH is working lates so I won't see much of him for the next few days as I'm early shift. We are swapping DS tomorrow, he was at my mum's today for a few hours & my sister will have him for a couple of hours on Tuesday to cover the cross over in our shifts.

Need to take DS to get his feet measured again, pretty sure he needs bigger shoes. Going to do this on Wednesday & then get most of our Christmas food in. Will try to go early as pretty sure it will be busy.

I still need to drop off 3 Christmas cards, I should be seeing 2 of the people later in the week & need to give the other a birthday present for her DS that I have as well as her card but not sure when she will be free. I might be able to post the present through her door though, I think it's flat enough.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 22nd Dec 18, 8:01 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Finally took DS to get his feet measured on Wednesday, he has gone up half a size but the shoes we bought were a full size bigger than his existing ones as he was walking well in them & we didn't like any of the smaller ones. Cost us £17 & that was in the sale. DS was wanting to run about & generally not co-operating until the ladies were measuring his feet & talking to him which intrigued him.

He was very unhappy in M&S & there was a lot of screeching, DH kept getting annoyed with me because I "wasn't paying attention" to him when he was talking/looking at things. AARGH, I was trying to stop DS having an even bigger meltdown than he was already having.

Seriously don't know what planet DH is on at times, was half expecting him to lie down & have a tantrum as well. I was literally standing in a hoaching M&S food hall with a screeching toddler & a near-tantruming husband and wanted to run away. I was getting lots of pitying looks from the older ladies.

Funnily enough DS was very well behaved in Mr M's, he seemed to enjoy it there more. Anyway that was most of the food shopping done and we used vouchers which saved some money.

On Thursday we had the playgroup Christmas party which was very busy, I nearly fell over several kids & DS was fascinated with a baby again but thankfully just looked (as in was an inch away from the baby's face staring at it & laughing whenever it moved ) rather than trying to maul the child's face this time. DS was very confused by Santa & nearly cried which I wasn't expecting as he usually likes meeting people.

I went out for a work Christmas lunch after that & had a good time although there were only 7 of us there.

The weather has been so wet & miserable the last 2 days that DS & I have just stayed in. I cleaned the bathrooms today & that was about it. Need to take DS out for some fresh air tomorrow, hopefully it will be drier.

Car loans £17,374.38

• Aaleigha
    • By Aaleigha 25th Dec 18, 11:15 AM
    • 567 Posts
    • 3,670 Thanks
    Aaleigha
    Found your diary two nights ago about three in the morning
    Finished early hours of the the morning

I just wanted to wish you all a happy birthday

I am now 61 but gave been just where you are now, things got so desperate for us we nearly lost our home thank goodness neither of us could drive at the time

Hopefully I will be able to help a little with your budgeting and generally support you on your journey

I am starting a diary at some point today I do hope you will visit

Xxx
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE # 100
    pot 1 (unknown starting amount) £18 Pot 2 £10
    total £22.50
    EMERGENCY FUND
    £40/1000 plus some in my bank £138 total 178/1000
    DECLUTTER. 183/2019
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 28th Dec 18, 9:07 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Hi Aleigha, thanks for visiting.

DS was very grouchy on Christmas Day & DH was very tired. I was tired & fed up as have a bit of a cold now on top of everything else. We went to see my sister & her kids and picked my mum up on the way. Also saw my brother, his gf & the girls then went home for our dinner.

DS was really not interested in any presents as he's too young to understand what's going on. He liked his little tikes car though & ran straight to sit in it. I think I bought too much for him considering how young he is but at least I didn't spend too much. His little tikes car was paid for in survey vouchers & probably spent £40-50 on a few other toys & books.

I need to sort out his toy box & remove things he doesn't play with or has grown out of. Toys are taking over our living room as my brother bought a car & track for DS and my sister bought a train plus track!

Also need to sort his clothes out as he's grown out of a few things & need to re-organise his drawers. We managed to buy a bigger size coat for DS in Mr M sale on clothes, so paid £10 instead of £16.

I've been working the last two days so feeling pretty exhausted & DH was also working. Hoping I'll get over the cold soon & that DS doesn't get it too badly.

We collected our steak pie from the butcher today & went to Mr M's to get a top up shop. My best bargains were 8p for 5 plain bagels (I bought 2 packets) & 5p for 6 pitta breads (again 2 packets) as they're easy enough to freeze & defrost. Also got a chocolate Yule log for 38p!

We then went to visit our friends & their 2 wee girls and they had bought DS a toy pirate ship which he loves. He was playing with it quite nicely alongside the girls. We had some mulled wine & cheese and crackers which was nice.

Back at work on Sunday for one late shift then off until the following Friday.

The z0pa loan is now under £1K & the last payment will be in May. The vet bill CC is under £300 and will be paid off in March. Will try & use survey money to overpay DH's car loan as it's the biggest amount owed now. DH is gradually selling bits off from his collection of tech in the garage. He said he'll use the money to also overpay his loan, so we'll see.

Need to go through my present box & update my list on here so that I know what I need to get over the year.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 29th Dec 18, 6:46 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Updated present box contents;

x1 S&G mini tube of foot cream
    x1 Carmex lip balm
    x6 assorted younger children's books
    x2 men's t-shirts (1 for my brother's birthday & 1 for DH's friend)
    x1 small handbag

So managed to use most of the contents over the year. Will have a browse at toiletry sets in the B0ots sale for nieces' & nephews' birthdays later in the year. Need to look for some bargain Christmas wrapping paper too.

Need to think of something to get MIL for her birthday in January & DH in February.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 29th Dec 18, 6:59 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Had a reasonably lazy day today, did a small amount of tidying in the living room, including DS's toy box & have removed some stuff upstairs. The only problem is that I have nowhere upstairs to put the stuff so it's been dumped in the guest room for now.

Had a quick sort of DS's outgrown knitwear & have bagged it up. Still got to re-organise the drawers & check the other ones for too-small stuff. Ordered some storage bags using a SB voucher from DH so will move the clothes into one of those when they arrive.

Going to save some survey vouchers for a decent humidifier for DS's room, we will take the oil diffuser I ordered before realising that a humidifier would be better for DS when he has a cough or cold. Then want to save vouchers for some stacking toy boxes in a bid to save my house from becoming a toy pit of doom. How can one small person have so much stuff?? We didn't even buy most of it, we've just acquired it from friends & relatives trying to get rid of their stuff!

Did a quick hoover in the living room, cleaned out the cat litter, sorted out the recycling into the bins outside (we have four different types now ), hung the washing up & sorted the underwear & socks out then put them away.

Working tomorrow so having a relaxing evening now DS is in bed.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 30th Dec 18, 11:31 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Was very MSE today & bought a stash of wrapping paper for next Christmas. As there was 50% off I got 5 rolls & a box of stick on tags for £2.95.

Worked late shift today & made myself a baked potato and used up some leftover beef stew/goulash that was in the freezer. So a cheap & tasty dinner at work instead of buying a takeaway.

Will head to bed soon - clean sheets tonight as stripped them this morning & DH put the clean ones on whilst I was at work.

No real plans for tomorrow although I definitely need to clean the bathrooms & steam clean the floors.

Car loans £17,374.38

• redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 1st Jan 19, 5:30 PM
    • 2,395 Posts
    • 15,358 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Happy new year Sashybo! I stocked up on wrapping paper too, only a couple of rolls but we don't use as much now the boys are older.
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 1st Jan 19, 9:41 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Happy new year redo.

Had a quiet night in with DH last night, drinking Prosecco & watching the new Agatha Christie adaptation on iplayer. We watched the fireworks on tv at midnight though.

Had my mum up for dinner today & had our butcher's steak pie which was lovely. DS was a bit thrown out of routine as we had dinner an hour earlier, so he kept trying to go to bed an hour early. Poor wee soul kept saying night night & waving because he was convinced it was bedtime.

DH is back at work tomorrow & I'm back on Friday for 2 shifts. Need to nip out to Mr Al's tomorrow to get some nappies, will do it before DH goes to work to avoid wrestling with DS trying to get him into the trolley.

Must confess to a bit of online shopping tonight due to a 30% off code. Did get 4 dresses for £60 though & Christmas money will pay for it so not too bad.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 2nd Jan 19, 12:50 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Ok I was too lazy to go to Mr Al's as it was frosty & couldn't face de-frosting the car. I need to go tomorrow though or will run out of nappies.

Instead I took down the Christmas tree & decorations, packed them away, hoovered & moved DS's toy box in the living room to give us a bit more space. I want to get the stacking toy boxes asap as they will also block access to the tv cables & aerial that DS likes to pull out. DH just needs to take the outside Christmas lights down, he can possibly do it before work tomorrow as he's late shift.

I need to go through DS's clothes & pack some away in the storage bags. It would be much easier if I knew I definitely wasn't having another baby as I could give the clothes away instead of holding onto them & having to find somewhere to store them.

DH still not in favour of another baby but I am. I know his parents keep going on & on about how expensive children are & how we definitely shouldn't have another so that's not helping. I still have to laugh at MIL's first response to DH telling her I was pregnant "But I thought you were happy!"

Going to start the new 30 day yoga challenge tonight after DS is in bed. Looking forward to it.

Car loans £17,374.38

• WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 2nd Jan 19, 2:05 PM
    • 3,758 Posts
    • 36,610 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Happy new year Sashy

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 3rd Jan 19, 12:50 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Thanks W, Happy new year to you too.

Went out to Mr Al's this morning & got a few things to top up, most importantly got the nappies! Spent around £40 so that should keep us going. Went into Mr M's for a few things as well but only spent £8 there and got a couple of yellow stickered things too.

Really need to make soup to use up some of the frozen veg & free some space in the freezer. Might try & do that later, have some butternut squash chopped up in the freezer so could use that.

Have ordered DS's stackable toy boxes using vouchers from surveys, only had to pay £7.99 "real" money towards them. Got £10 from one survey company & £5 from another today as well. Will pay the £5 off my CC & put the £10 into a separate account to make a bigger payment to DH's loan later in the month.

Not looking forward to work tomorrow, hate getting up for early shifts. Normally up at 5am for 6am start but on special duties tomorrow to work on a training manual so might go in for 7am instead.

Need to remind DH to make an appointment for our boiler service later in the month & we also need to make an appointment with the dentist for our check ups. Wonder if DS will stay still for her.

One washing done & hung up, litter trays cleared of yuck, recycling put out, kitchen & bathroom bins emptied & meter readings taken and sent so far today. Have still not cleaned the bathrooms.

I did manage to do 50 mins of yoga last night but it was a struggle. Made me realise how long it's been since I did any yoga as I felt so stiff & unfit. Planning on day 2 tonight after DS is in bed then will have a shower and get everything sorted for work tomorrow.

My mum is coming up to watch DS for an hour tomorrow & the next day as there is a 45 min gap between DH starting & me finishing work both days.

Hoping to get out on my break tomorrow at work for a quick look at the Boots sale for presents for later in the year. Might do it quickly after work though as my mum will be with DS but won't take the p as she is very good at helping us out with him.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 6th Jan 19, 11:39 AM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Work was good but very tiring. I checked out the Boots sale but was quite underwhelmed, I'll wait until they do 75% off and then might get a few bits but nothing I'm desperate to get for presents so no big deal if I don't get anything.

Made curried butternut squash & carrot soup the other night and DS really enjoyed it. He was very messy by the end of it. DH also had some when he got home from work & DS & I finished it off last night so it did quite a few dinners.

I did day 2 of yoga but then work interfered & I didn't force myself to do it the last 2 nights. I did feel better after doing it and having weighed myself I need to lose at least a stone in weight so need to be stricter with myself.

Saying that I'm going out for lunch with friends today. Hopefully won't be too expensive as we won't be out long & not drinking.

My sister is driving me mad recently complaining about not having money to get things for her house i.e. a new cooker because she has a gas one atm the moment that needs lighting with a match but she can somehow find money to spend on getting weaves for her hair etc that probably cost more than a new cooker!! I don't understand her, she can save up money for a holiday but not for important things like house appliances. Trying not to get wound up, it's up to her in the end.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 7th Jan 19, 10:15 AM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    Had a nice time out with my friends yesterday & it cost £20 each, the food was lovely so well worth it.

Have ordered 2 sets of plastic storage drawer units to use in cupboards downstairs for £10 each. I want to use one in the big cupboard where the jackets/coats are hung up for gloves/scarves/hats etc that all get lost or scattered through the house otherwise. I might use one drawer for DS's wee shoes - he only has one pair of trainer/shoes & a pair of wellies but just so I know where they are. Might need to get a bigger pair of wellies for DS soon, will have to keep checking them on him, always paranoid I'm squashing his feet.

Have also ordered some hanging shelf storage basket type things for use in the other big cupboard as we have one shelf in there & a lot of dead space under it. This cupboard always annoys me as DH put one big shelf across it without asking me. I had wanted several smaller shelves on all 3 sides so it was more like a larder type walk in cupboard but he just put one big giant shelf in there one day. Maybe one day I'll be able to get it changed to the way I want it (I think it would look much better & be a more efficient use of space).

Have put one washing away, hung one washing up & put another washing on so far today. Going to take DS out for a wee walk soon, he loves walking now. It's been wet but brightening up, will put his wellies & puddle suit on anyway. Need to try & get him outside more, it's good for both of us.

Really need to do some sorting & tidying but just feel so tired all the time. DS waking up every morning at 2am for some reason at the moment isn't helping. I have been watching Marie Kondo on Netflix getting other people to tidy instead of actually doing my own tidying.

Planning on making broccoli & Stilton soup for dinner, not sure what DS will think of it though.

Redeemed SB for a £10 am@zon voucher today.

Car loans £17,374.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 8th Jan 19, 12:10 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 21,618 Thanks
    sashybo
    DS wasn't keen on the broccoli & Stilton soup unsurprisingly. He had a pork pie instead. Thinking of crustless quiche type thing for dinner tonight, DH is going out for dinner with his friend so just DS & I.

Back to work for 2 early shifts tomorrow, not looking forward to the early starts. Have been organising more presents for work as have a 60th & a leaving present to collect for & buy. Have already ordered the cards & have ordered part of the 60th present. Will have to wait & see how much money I get before I know if I can order the other part I was thinking of. I'm a bit stuck on the leaving present as the person leaving had his 50th last month so we bought him a present then.

Got a charity collection bag through the door yesterday for collection tomorrow. I had most of a bag of clothes ready so will put that out & also culled some books I know I won't read again. They also asked for old bed linen so got rid of a fitted sheet, duvet cover & 2 pillowcases that won't be used again. Should have 2 black bags worth to put out so can do that before I go to work in the morning.

I sorted out some of DS's too-small clothes into a storage bag & put that into his wardrobe. The too-small clothes I miss in the drawers are invariably the ones DH tends to choose if he's dressing DS & he then looks like a wee ragamuffin in his too short trousers & tight top.

I think I need to go through the storage bags of his clothes & cull them again. I think I have 4 or 5 of them!

The paper recycling bins go out tonight to get emptied tomorrow thankfully. We have 2 & they are nearly overflowing thanks to the council moving to 3 weekly collection.

Took DS to playgroup this morning & he was clinging to me like a limpet. Took him a while to be happy to run about & play but he didn't really bother much with the toys, just wanted to run up & down the hall. At least he should have a good nap this afternoon.

Hoovered both upstairs & downstairs when I got home. The amount of cat hair the hoover picks up is scary & only one cat really casts, the other is Siamese so only has one layer of fur & hardly any comes off that is noticeable.

I ordered pillows online & they were delivered yesterday. They are meant to be personalised to your height, weight, position you sleep in (side, back etc) & preference for firmness. They were BOGOF with a 30 day free trial so thought I'd give them a shot as really struggle to get a pillow that doesn't hurt my neck.

The pillows I received didn't have anything in the boxes saying which was which. One is for me, 5"5 & the other for DH who is 6"2, so a bit of a difference. I emailed the company about it & they replied today saying they had sent two Andy pillows instead of an Andy & a Grace. Ok....except the pillows don't have people's names on the website & there are no Andy or Graces in my house. Emailed back saying I was confused - who are Andy & Grace?! Awaiting a reply now.

Car loans £17,374.38

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

148Posts Today

2,560Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin