Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 2nd Jan 17, 9:55 PM
    • 2,985Posts
    • 21,628Thanks
    sashybo
    Sashybo - Back Again
    • 2nd Jan 17, 9:55 PM
    Sashybo - Back Again 2nd Jan 17 at 9:55 PM
    Hi all, has been a good long while this time since I've had a diary, think this is number 4 overall. My last diary can be found HERE.

Current debt now under 10K. This is mostly made up of loans we had to take out to cover the negative equity of the flat we sold a couple of years ago.

I must admit we have slipped occasionally and had to do a couple of BT's etc as got into a bit more debt when we bought a new house & wanted shiny new things to go in it.

Overall, things are headed in the right direction but now we have a new challenge as DH & I are expecting a baby in May.

I only get 3 months full pay then 3 months half pay on maternity leave in my job & won't be able to go back full time as we both do shift work and there's no way to work childcare around the shifts we do (7 days in a row & many unsociable hours to boot). So we'll have to reduce the spending & batter the debt as will have a smaller income.

So I've come crawling back - I find having a diary here does help to keep me focused and stop so much silly spending.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

PAD started 27/01/09 - 12,530 extra paid off debt. Total Debt paid off 60,039
    Car loans 16,995.38

Have a Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
Page 39
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 16th Oct 18, 9:22 AM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    Got a 10 am@zon voucher from SB last night & cashed some shop&scan points in for another 20 of vouchers. Used this to order mugs for the outlaws hamper & some toy cars/trucks for DS Christmas.

DH has asked for a console game for Christmas so will try & save any further vouchers towards it & will wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday to see if there are any deals on the game he wants.

Going to get DS a small wooden activity cube, roughly 15 but have seen it for 12 so will hold off for a while. He can play with the big fancy one at playgroup - it's just a bit much at 60.

I'm going to look in Mr M's for tops for my younger nieces as their children's clothes are always nice. I also have an offer on my more card for 3000 points on my next 30 shop & this will get me another 5 voucher. We will then have 20 of vouchers towards Christmas food shopping. Mr Al's already have their nice frozen Cumberland sausage rolls in, they're nice & only 85p for a bag of 50. Keeps DH happy.

I have ordered Christmas pjs, a couple of tops & a jumper for DS from Mr A which I can pick up after work later in the week. There are so many road closures around me atm that I'll need to plan my route though.

Need to look out my brushed cotton bedding, think we might need some new stuff as it's getting a bit bobbly. Love brushed cotton for the winter.

Another dry & sunny day so will take DS to the park later & maybe feed the ducks and swans. Think he will like that. Apparently you can feed them frozen peas (defrosted).
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Car loans 16,995.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 19th Oct 18, 9:52 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    Picked up the clothes order for DS after work yesterday & it's so cute. Also bought a top each for my younger nieces in Mr M's & some whiskey miniatures for FIL - we spent over 30 overall as bought some top up shopping too so got the extra points & will get our 5 voucher next visit.

Took DS to the park & it was much busier midweek than usual as the kids were off school. He had a shot on the swing & then we went to feed the ducks & swans. I feel it was a mixed success, DS kept eating the peas himself instead of throwing them to the ducks & swans. The birds were confused by the peas at first & didn't seem interested but then tried them. Will try something else for them next time.

No playgroup this week due to the school holidays so poor DS has watched more tv than usual. . He loves CBeebies although doesn't tend to watch for more than 5 mins at a time so not too bad really.

Have been so lazy with cooking & exercising, just can't seem to motivate myself. I did make a chocolate sponge/fondanty thing with pears the other day & made leek and potato soup today. Both DH & DS enjoyed them so that's good. I need to buy loaf tin liners but can't seem to find any that aren't eleventy billion pounds.

Housework has been poor too, did some hoovering today, dishes & put a washing away. Need to clean the bathrooms, they are dire. I did partly tidy a cupboard last night so that all of DS's snacks are in one place & used an existing tub to store them in rather than buying a new one. Could do with a bigger one but will wait until I see one for a decent price, it's not urgent.

Brushed cotton bedding not inspected yet, might have to wait until next year for replacements anyway as don't really have the money.

Paid another 5 of survey money off the 0% CC, getting there slowly.

Car loans 16,995.38

• redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 20th Oct 18, 7:57 AM
    • 2,399 Posts
    • 15,372 Thanks
    redofromstart
    MrM wanted me to spend 60 weekly for the points on the till vouchers, but they also emailed me another one for a 40 spend. I can never work out if the difference covers the premium of shopping in there against MrL.

I thought the peas were a good idea. I think bread is actually bad for them. Didn't matter what we took, the boys inevitably had a share so I didnt risk bird seed.
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 20th Oct 18, 9:34 AM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    Hi redo, yes I find Mr M very expensive compared to Mr Al or Mr L's and try to only go in for things I can't get in the other two. I'm quite addicted to Mr M's honey roast crunchy peanut butter atm.

There are lots of signs in most parks here saying not to feed the ducks bread as it's bad for them & rots in the water and causes some kind of mould to grow in the ponds that is bad for them too. I think the ducks & swans liked the peas once they figured out they could eat them. I've heard that sweetcorn is another thing you can feed them as well as peas so can try that next time as well. Glad it's not just my DS who eats the stuff for the ducks.

Forgot to mention that our energy DD is being put up from 80 p/m to 94. This is for our gas & electricity, I've been submitting meter readings weekly/every 2 weeks to try & stop a deficit building up. Seems like a big jump to me but the company seems to think this will cover our increased gas costs through the winter. Hmm.

Going to take DS to see my mum later, she has my older nieces for the afternoon and we haven't seen them for a while either.

DS was very good this morning & sat nicely in his cot after I changed his nappy whilst I had a quick shower. Very unusual, he was crying by the time I got out though so had to put the stair gate on & let him loose whilst I dried my hair.

He is being quite fussy with his breakfast these days, he only wanted porridge with fruit for months & now he's refusing it. Went mad for weetab*x instead but DH was giving him 2 at a time when I was on early shift at work () & he ended up really constipated. Tried rice crispies today & he wouldn't open his mouth for them. I had to wait until he cried & shoved a spoonful in, he liked them after that.

Car loans 16,995.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 21st Oct 18, 12:19 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    Went out shopping with DS, my mum & my nieces for a while yesterday. DS was not happy about being stuck in the pram in shops & was a screeching nightmare. I think my mum now realises why I don't take DS shopping if I can help it.

My nieces were picking clothes to buy as my mum had given them money for their birthday last month. One twin grabbed loads of stuff to try on (the more tomboyish one surprisingly) & the other only picked up about 3 things. Everything I suggested to her got a horrified look, I'm obviously not trendy enough.

Had a relaxing night with DH watching Strictly, have never watched a series of it before (very late to the party ) but quite enjoying it & even DH quite likes it.

So far today I have stuck chilli into the slow cooker whilst DS was alternately looking at his books, watching children's tv & checking on me. He was being far too good.

When I took him upstairs he then proceeded to get hold of a big bottle of micellar water (brand new unopened) break the lid & pour half of it on the bath mat. All within 2 minutes. So annoyed as I'd moved the bottle yesterday to stop him playing with it & he still found it today. Also it cost 5 & now half of it is gone. DH's helpful reply (by text as he's at work) was "we need to keep things out of his reach". My only reply was good luck with that. Like I hadn't thought of that! Plus he climbs. He climbs everything.

Going to try & make something for dessert, not sure what. Maybe try some scones as haven't made them in ages. Also I have now run out of tins of chopped tomatoes.

Need to clean the bathrooms today but don't want anymore wreckage caused by DS. Need to put a washing on as well & should really do some ironing later.

Car loans 16,995.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 23rd Oct 18, 8:14 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    Managed to get the bathrooms cleaned the other day with minimal wreckage caused by DS. Also hoovered upstairs so it looked a bit better up there.

I did make scones on Sunday but they didn't rise much, never seem to for me - they tasted fine though. I got distracted & forgot to add sultanas so they were just plain. DS enjoyed half of one with some strawberry jam.

My sister dropped by the other day with her twins & our cousin's baby who she was watching. The baby is only about 14 weeks old so still tiny, she was very bright though & trying to lift her head a lot. DS was stroking her hair & smiling at her (right in her face ) and she was very interested in him too. He was fine with her until I held her & he wasn't very happy at that, wanted me to put her down & pick him up instead. The cats were worried when the baby was crying for her bottle, old cat was running about like .

Today I took DS to playgroup, we were a bit late as DS being fussy with breakfast again & refusing to eat his rice krispies. He wanted weetabix but we didn't have any left. DH asked if I heated the milk up for his cereal because he likes that better. I'm not even starting that, DH spoils DS with things like that.

At playgroup DS was touching a wee girl's jumper & then her shiny patent shoes. Poor girl wasn't very happy about it so I had to rescue her. DS has a real thing for texture & is always patting other children's hair & clothes.

Met my mum & sister for lunch then we went to Mr Al's, glad my sister was there as she kept DS amused & stopped the " I hate shopping" tantrum.

Car loans 16,995.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 23rd Oct 18, 8:24 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    Forgot to add that I did 50 mins of yoga last night & 25 mins tonight - better than nothing but really do need to try & do it more regularly.

I might need to try getting up before DS wakes up to do 30 mins of yoga in the mornings. Don't know if that would work though as DS might just wake up earlier when he hears me moving around.

Car loans 16,995.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 25th Oct 18, 7:56 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    Cashed out more SB for another am@zon voucher yesterday, getting harder & harder to get points on there as they're really cutting back.

Poor DS is getting another cough/cold & hasn't really been himself the last few days. I've just stayed in with him & had lazy days the last two days as there wasn't anywhere we desperately needed to go. Made some minestrone soup yesterday which DS enjoyed dipping bread into.

I ordered an aromatherapy diffuser for DS's room as have been spending a fortune on the vapour plug in refills. I thought the outlay for a diffuser & some essential oils would be cheaper in the long run.

The essential oils are a bit of a minefield though as there are a lot you shouldn't use with small children. I've settled on spearmint for DS's room as it is much gentler than eucalyptus or peppermint for wee lungs. I've just ordered it so will do a few tests with it first before putting it on in DS's room.

I have also ordered lavender, chamomile, sandalwood, patchouli, rosewood, bergamot & cinnamon oils for myself.

Now thinking I should have got a humidifier for DS instead but if I do get one for him I'll move the diffuser either into our room or downstairs so it won't be a wasted purchase.

I have also ordered a bigger 2.5 tog sleeping bag for DS so will pick that up before work tomorrow. The baby sleeping bags are great for him as he moves about so much at night. I've been looking for fleecy onesies with feet for him in case he doesn't want to wear the sleeping bags anymore but can't seem to find any in his size.

We have continuing breakfast dramas with DS not wanting any of the cereals offered to him. This morning he refused porridge with blueberries again so I gave him toast & honey with blueberries alongside & some dry cereal and he seemed much happier with that.

Trying not to get too frustrated or make a big deal about it but it's quite hard as he's always been very laid back about food & is now trying to assert his independence through it. Dinner mostly got thrown on the floor.

Car loans 16,995.38

• redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 26th Oct 18, 8:14 AM
    • 2,399 Posts
    • 15,372 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Much sympathy from me, mine are 14 and 15 now, but very similar behaviours at that age. Now I am lucky if they acknowledge my existence half of the time but they still hate shopping.
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 28th Oct 18, 11:50 AM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    Thanks redo, the food thing is really irritating but he's just doing what toddlers do I suppose!

Managed to pick up the bigger & thicker sleeping bag for DS before work on Friday. Also dropped some things off to the charity collecting for Christmas presents for disadvantaged children in our local area. It was just a random bunch of books I had bought & some toiletry sets for the teenagers that were on offer. Better than nothing though & glad I could help out a bit.

DS being very grumpy because he has a cold & is all snotty. He just wants cuddles & his own way otherwise he starts banging his head on the floor or any other available hard surface. Struggling to get him to eat anything much, he mostly had crisps yesterday. Will make macaroni later as he usually loves that, hopefully it will get him to eat.

I've got the cold too & DS woke up loads overnight so knackered today. Working late shifts tomorrow & Tuesday. DS meant to be going to the playgroup Halloween party on Tuesday morning but won't be taking him if he's still as grumpy as he is just now with the cold. We took him to my mum's yesterday for a Halloween party with his cousins & he spent most of it wailing & wanting me to hold him. one example being he touched his cousin (2yo) & she was annoyed and said no so he started screaming.

DH managed to sleep in for work this morning, the clocks going back screwed up his alarm. So he woke up 40 mins after he should have started work & jumped out of bed shouting & running about. Bloody dramatics woke DS (again) who started crying. Luckily I managed to get DS to go back to sleep for a couple of hours after DH left.

Trying to get DS to nap as he is just so grouchy but he keeps waking up & just crying. Poor wee soul is just miserable.

Car loans 16,995.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 31st Oct 18, 7:04 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    DS is finally starting to get over this cold, still a bit grouchy but much brighter & ate more today, including a weetabix at breakfast. Hurray.

Was at work the last 2 nights, had to de-ice my car before leaving to go home on the first night.

Today I made a satay rice noodle salad for a light dinner & DS ate some too. It was a recipe from a blog so will need to add my own tweaks but it was nice. Also made a pumpkin pie although I cheated with bought pastry & tinned pumpkin puree.

Only housework done has been some washings on & hung up. DH did some hoovering yesterday but also left me a big pile of dirty dishes in the sink. Great to come home from a late shift to that.

Ordered a small bottle of plaque off for the cats & loaf tin liners that can allegedly be reused using my recent am@zon voucher. Have also ordered more cat food so that there's enough when we go to visit the outlaws next week.

We'll only be away 4 nights but don't want the cat food running out & the cat sitters having a panic. Just remembered we need to check the travel cot (was sticking & we struggled to get it down last time) & tell the milkman not to deliver milk next week either.

Also need to do some ironing & visit a friend who has a cast on one hand & a splint on the other after falling. I'm also working 3 early shifts in a row next week right before we go on our visit so I'll be dead on my feet.

Car loans 16,995.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 1st Nov 18, 8:25 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    No significant housework done today as DS & I went to visit my mum for the afternoon. My mum has had the same cold as DS & really hasn't been well but starting to get better now.

DH sent an email to the dairy so our milk delivery will be paused for a week. Still need to check the travel cot, if it's unfixable we can get a new one for 25. Fingers crossed we don't need it but not as much as I thought it would be.

I made kidney bean burgers from the first Jack Monroe cookbook for dinner. Didn't have any rolls so used mini wraps that were needing used up & had some mango chutney with them too. DS wasn't too sure but DH & I liked them, nice for a change and quick & easy to make.

Tomorrow I'll need to do more washing & will try & do the ironing after DS goes to bed. Bathrooms could do with a clean again too. Will do the big litter tray clean the day before we leave.

Car loans 16,995.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 11th Nov 18, 9:23 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    Haven't posted for ages. Just got back this afternoon from the visit to the outlaws. The cats were pleased to see us (although a bit huffy) & DS was delighted when he realised we were pulling into our own drive.

The visit was actually a lot better this time, it was good to have one night at DH's aunt & uncle's & catch up with them. DS loved their dog but was a bit unsure as the dog was bigger than he is used to & a bit boisterous.

The outlaws seemed a lot more laid back & only a few things they did/said were a bit annoying. They had their friends round on the Friday & DH has known them since he was a baby so he was glad to see them & they hadn't met our DS yet.

An annoying thing though was that FIL decided that he, his friend & DH were going to the pub and the women were left at home with the baby to make the lunch. The wife of the friend wasn't very pleased about this either & did say it was quite sexist. MIL was a bit defensive saying well if we'd all gone the lunch wouldn't have got made. Poor DS saw the men all putting their jackets on & thought he was going out with them and was upset when he didn't get to go.

PIL watched DS for the afternoon the next day so DH & I could go out for lunch ourselves which was kind of them. They were very insistent that we had to be back for DS's bedtime though.

DS was very good in the car both ways, we did have to stop halfway both times as he was getting so bored & restless in his car seat. Overall he was great though. We did need to buy a new travel cot in the end & it's much easier to put up & down so 25 well spent.

Have managed to redeem more SB for another @mazon voucher. Trying to do more surveys to get as much extra as possible towards Christmas. We took PIL Christmas hamper down with us so no postage & MIL gave us our presents to take back too.

DH has a friend coming to stay with us from tomorrow afternoon until Thursday. He doesn't think things through properly as it doesn't give us much time to ourselves after being away & only told me after he & his friend decided dates and booked train tickets.

I'm going out with my work friends for lunch tomorrow as it's the only day that suits but can't drink too much as DS & I will be abandoned on Tuesday whilst DH & his friend go out for the day. Last year they didn't get home until after 4am the next morning.

Car loans 16,995.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 15th Nov 18, 9:42 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    Forgot to say DS is walking a lot more now, he finally seems to have gotten the hang of it properly.

I had a nice lunch out on Monday & drank sensibly so no hangover the next day. My friends bought a magnum of Prosecco to the restaurant as it was 5 corkage & we didn't have to buy wine. The staff were well impressed.

DS & I had a nice day on Tuesday just chilling out. My brother came to visit with his stepdaughter & daughter so they enjoyed playing with my DS. I made dinner for them & it was good to see them all. DS was a bit vicious though & nipped his 2yo cousin on the face then pulled her hair. Poor wee soul just said "Ow" and wandered off to play again. DS cried because he got a row.

DH's friend went home today - he is very odd in general & was his usual odd self for the 3 nights he was here. I noticed when I was tidying up the bathroom & stripping the guest room bed that he has either taken or used at least 3(!!) toilet rolls within 3 days though!!

I've been trying to do more cooking so that we're not spending so much in the supermarket/on takeaways so have tried a few different things recently. Obviously it's also healthier for all of us. Have bought a few cookbooks on kindle at 99p as have discovered that using the kindle app on my iPad makes the recipes much easier to see.

Managed to get another kindle unlimited offer at 1.99 for 3 months so pleased with that.

Submitted the electricity & gas meter readings online today. Really need to clean the bathrooms & go to Mr Al's tomorrow.

DH is hankering after a new super duper oven after seeing his aunt's new one at her house. I'm considering it as the oven the builders gave us with the house isn't great & is actually smaller than the one we had in our last flat. We would need to use another balance transfer offer though, so debt would go up for a few months.

I asked my mum for a bigger slow cooker & some towels for Christmas between myself & DH. A bit sad really but they're things we actually need/will use. I can give the smaller slow cooker to my brother if he wants it.

Car loans 16,995.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 17th Nov 18, 8:57 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    We had our twin nieces over again today whilst my sister was working. The were a good help with DS as he was quite grouchy & clingy today. I hope he perks up tomorrow as I'm working a late shift.

Did I mention that we've been banned from eating at our desks at work now? All because they refuse to get a cleaner & we're refusing to do the hoovering - it used to be part of a job they got rid of during our department restructure & they now want us to do it but won't pay us any extra.

Apparently it's just for a few months until they get a cleaner but why on earth would they pay someone to do it if they've got us doing it for free? Our compromise was to offer to hoover around our own desks but they said no they want the whole office done! Anyway I suppose it will help me eat less biscuits at work but it's a bit childish of the management if you ask me.

House is still a sty but I at least got to Mr Al's yesterday. Bought a lot of ingredients so hoping to do a bit of cooking this week & not get into a rut with DS's dinners.

Going to my friend's house for dinner on Tuesday but it won't be a late night as she's working the next day. I'll drive & pick up our other friend on the way, she's 6 months pregnant & hurt her ankle last week so can't drive atm. Will be good to see them both as it can be difficult to get a date that suits us all due to work (2 shift workers with partners who are also shift workers & 1 Mon-Fri) & kids.

Talked to DH about having another baby, he is reluctant at best but I think he could be persuaded. The men at work have been winding him up & saying it's a nightmare having 2 kids. If I remember rightly they also said the same about 1. I don't know why he listens to them, he's such a worrier.

The other thing is he's saying we have nowhere to put another child (in a 4 bedroom house ). We have a spare room used as the guest room & another room used for his computers & printers. I said we can move the computers ("No") Well the guest room will have to go ("Absolutely not"). I think we should convert the garage into another room (as it's not insulated) & move his computers in there with all his other crap. We can get a storage box or 2 for the garden for the more garden-y stuff that lives in the garage atm.

In DH's mind the only thing we could possibly do would be to convert the loft, which we absolutely can't afford. I said well we'd need to remortgage & use the equity as no other way we would get the money. Again "No" although he conceded there's no way we could save the amount needed. I think the garage conversion is the best idea but he's not keen.

Now feel like I can't talk about any of it & if I wait for DH to agree then we'll never have another baby. I'm 34 now so don't really want to be hanging about forever. We might try & it might not happen but we at least need to try. I'd love another & know that DH would too once he got used to the idea. He's a great dad & really loves DS and tries his best to help out.

Car loans 16,995.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 26th Nov 18, 10:13 AM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    Have been rubbish at updating again, life getting in the way as usual.

DS hasn't been well for ages, just seems to be one thing after another. He finally got over the cold & then caught a sickness bug, thankfully the sick part only lasted one night. I missed most of it because I was out at my friend's for dinner - Poor DH had to scrub sick off the stairs & the carpet in DS's room. DS still not quite right but getting there.

Managed to get the computer game DH wants for Christmas for 16 less due to a price drop last week. I had enough vouchers from surveys to cover it so no actual money spent.

Have wrapped all my nieces' & nephews' presents for Christmas and have most of the rest of the presents bought. DS only getting a few things as he doesn't really need much & still doesn't understand anyway.

Have requested another 10 @mazon voucher from SB & waiting on an M&S one too. Also cashed out 21 from PA and am 1.45 from cashing out on OP so not doing too badly with surveys.

Made a beef stew/goulash yesterday in the slow cooker with stewing beef from Mr M's that was in the freezer. Added more paprika & some smoked paprika this time & it was much tastier. Made cheese & herb dumplings to go with it and apple crumble for dessert to use up some eating apples that were going manky. Have half the crumble left to use tonight & enough goulash to freeze and use as a baked potato topping for dinner at work one night.

Also made potato, pea & ginger curry earlier in the week which was nice in toasted pitta bread for dinners when DH was working late shifts. DS was a bit unsure but then he's still not feeling great. He enjoyed the goulash & dumplings last night.

Trying my best to actually read all of the recipe books I own and make the recipes I fancy instead of just oohing and aahing and never actually doing anything with them.

Car loans 16,995.38

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 1st Dec 18, 12:53 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    My DS is 18 months old today. Where has the time gone? Can't believe how big he is now.

DS & I had a stroll around & played in the garden before lunch today. He was wrapped up in his puddle suit & wellies so it didn't matter if he got wet & muddy. He loves being outside & looking at everything so it was good to get him out of the house for half an hour.

I have to stop looking at things online, I keep seeing things I want to buy for DS's Christmas. He doesn't even understand it yet! I'm stopping because he has plenty now - a big car to sit in (paid for with survey earned vouchers), wee trucks/cars, wee people, a road rug, wooden play food, a tea set & a doll's buggy for his baby doll.

The men at work were giving me funny looks when I said I was buying him a doll's buggy. They seemed to think he shouldn't have it because he's a boy! I said well he might be a dad some day so why shouldn't he have one! Most importantly of course he loves pushing the one at playgroup so he'll enjoy having one of his own. Both of my nephews had dolls & prams and they loved playing with them.

Have bought a couple of t-shirts, a bottle of whiskey & computer game for DH's Christmas. Might get him another small thing but mostly done.

Only need to get a shared present for my brother & his gf and one for our friends (also a couple and it will probably be a bottle of something) and that's the Christmas present shopping done. I might get my sister another thing too but it will be something small.

Only the food to organise now, will need something snacky to take to my sister's as we're visiting there but eating dinner at home so only need enough for DH, DS & I.

Still trying to cook more & use up the food we have in the house instead of continually buying more. Made a kind of crustless quiche last night that only needs 1 egg, DS really enjoys it and it keeps well for lunches too.

I do need to go to Mr Al's tomorrow as we're running out of a few things, especially toilet roll after DH's friend absconded with 3 toilet rolls a couple of weeks ago.

My daft Siamese keeps trying to chew my jumper whilst sitting on my knee. He likes wool and wool like textures for sucking/chewing, must be a nice feeling for him. Strange cat.

Am 5p off payout on OP so obviously I've not had a survey there for the last few days.

Car loans 16,995.38

• Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 2nd Dec 18, 4:22 PM
    • 458 Posts
    • 1,095 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    How are you doing on the survey front Sashybo???

I have started using a new ish one that I am doing canny with, have you tried an app called Qmee??? I am upto 40 quid in nearly 3-4 weeks
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 3rd Dec 18, 9:43 AM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 21,628 Thanks
    sashybo
    Hi Scott

I've been a bit lazy with the surveys, have still been doing a few but not as many as usual. Need to get back into it so will definitely have a look at Qmee, sounds like you've been doing well with it.

A lovely sunny day here today, hoping to get DS out to the park for a run around but need to wait in for a couple of deliveries. They should be here by 1pm. *fingers crossed*

DS is just loving running about in his new wellies, he thinks he's the bees knees.

Car loans 16,995.38

• Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 5th Dec 18, 6:30 AM
    • 458 Posts
    • 1,095 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Qmee is worth giving a look Sashy its a nice lil earner and the surveys tend to be like one poll/the shorter opinion outpost ones. And there is the bonus cash can be dropped instantly with no fees
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

99Posts Today

2,351Users online

Martin's Twitter