Extending Tesco clubcard vouchers

On the mse website it says to extend a voucher as you come close to the expiry date you can “Make a small purchase on the Clubcard Boost* partner voucher exchange site (not in store or on other Tesco websites) and the remaining balance is credited back to your Clubcard account as points. They'll then be reissued as new vouchers (with an expiry date two years in the future) when you next get a batch. So if you spend 50p on a £10 voucher, you'll get £9.50 as new vouchers.”

With regards to the “not in store” bit, I have not spent a voucher in store for over a year but I’m sure when I last did so then I received the change as points back to my account in the same way as happens when I get change from a Boost purchase. Hence anyone know if things have changed recently and thus that you now can’t extend the voucher by spending it in store too? Thks.

(Unless the above is just meaning you can’t make a Boost purchase in store....though if that is the case then not sure why it wouldn’t also mention just spending a voucher in store on groceries etc as a way of extending.)

Comments

• no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    There aren't any Boost promotions now in-store. So, any attempt to spend in-store would be declined where the value was below the voucher value.

They may not want to announce it, but never used to be a problem ringing up Clubcard, and getting them rolled over, except some people took the p***!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    no1catman wrote: »
    There aren't any Boost promotions now in-store. So, any attempt to spend in-store would be declined where the value was below the voucher value.

They may not want to announce it, but never used to be a problem ringing up Clubcard, and getting them rolled over, except some people took the p***!

Is this a relatively recent change then as I’m sure a while back I used one of my vouchers for groceries in store and the change (since the purchase value was less than the voucher value) was refunded as points to my statement? Then again maybe I’m recalling incorrectly!
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I couldn't be sure either way - I retired nearly four years ago!! Then I'm sure, couldn't over-pay whether with the then 'boost' coupons, or ordinary CC vouchers.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 May 2020 at 4:52PM
    I have some vouchers that are 2 year out of date, called Tesco Clubcard twice to ask for them to be put back on, but was told that they only extend up to 6 months now after the expiry date.  In the past I have had them extended with no problem. 
    I wonder if Martin could persuade Tesco to accept the vouchers to be donated for Key Workers.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback