Check your Morisons Loyalty card points!

I'd always thought in this day and age of computers it was a simple, no brainer for supermarkets to add points to loyalty cards. Seems this isn't the case at least with Morrisons More card.

If you use any special offers from Morrisons, especially the click to activate vouchers/coupons via email, you would be well advised to verify Morrisons credits your More card account.

Remember 5,000 Morrisons More card points equals £5. I'm no maths wiz, but it doesn't take long for this omission to add up to extra income for Morrisons.

This relates to special email offers by Morrisons offering 5,000 points on one's next shop by simply making a minimum purchase between certain dates and clicking to 'activate' the offer. What could be simpler and less stress free? Hint: Just low prices without all the faff of loyalty cards, please.

I'd received 3 of these email in November & December of 2017 and one in January of 2018. None -- I repeat none -- of them added the 5,000 points to my Morrisons More card without taking time to document each event and notifying Morrisons corporate.

Our local Morrisons has simply wonderful staff and, sadly, Morrisons corporate doesn't appear to support them in many of their tasks. Bless them if they could have corrected this they would have. Sadly, one has to ring or email Morrisons to get them to look at and correct the problem.

After the 3rd time the 5,000 points (£5) of Morrisions More card points was not credited to my account after a couple weeks, I again contacted them explaining the chronic problem with their Loyalty card system. They manually credited my account with 5,000 points and assured me there was a problem but it was now fixed. In my experience, that's simply not accurate.

In the middle of January 2018 Morrisons sent another 5,000 point offer by email. Again I activated it. Again Morrisions didn't credit my More card Loyalty account. It's been over 4 weeks since those points should have been credited. So I need to waste time, yet again contacting them.

I wonder how many tens of thousands of those £5 (5,000 point) offers were sent out but not credited. Each 10,000 not processed results is a pure profit of £50,000. I wouldn't mind quite so much if it was paid to those who actually work on the tills and stock the shops. But I fear these ill gotten pounds find their way to deeper pockets.

As of this writing I've not had a single 5,000 point emailed click to activate vouchers credit my account without following it up with corporate at Morrisons. Speaking with those at the our local Morrisons I found at least one person that did indeed get credited properly.

Having little faith in Morrisons' loyalty card scheme at this point coupled with dropping a number of products I used to purchase, I've found the need to split my shopping between Morrisons, Lidl and Aldi. After the latest problem of not getting credited on a 5,000 point email voucher, I nearly cut my card in two and posted it back to Morrisions corporate. But alas, it's not worth the postage.

Watch those points!

Comments

• B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Welcome to MSE.

I know of some that didn't get the 2000 points (£2 equivalent) added after clicking from an email offer. So. maybe chasing up is the way.
    Strangely, I've had similar issues with Nectar. They do get credited, but need chasing up!
    Maybe luck of the draw?
    I use Morrison's card mainly for petrol, but it takes ages now to get that fiver voucher! Maybe time to pull it and offer something else?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Thankfully, I've never had a problem. Once I activate it, I make sure I spend the required amount in-store.
    Then, next time I go there, I'll get the £5.00 voucher at the till.

Last time I went there, had a till spit for 3000 points for a £30.00 spend, as I have over 3000 points already I know the following visit the coupon will come to me.

But be aware, there's no point in checking your points and expecting to see say 6000 - it doesn't work like that. As soon as you go over the 5000 threshold a voucher is allocated and the points show the carry forward amount.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • deely
    deely Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    no1catman wrote: »
    Thankfully, I've never had a problem. Once I activate it, I make sure I spend the required amount in-store.
    Then, next time I go there, I'll get the £5.00 voucher at the till.

Last time I went there, had a till spit for 3000 points for a £30.00 spend, as I have over 3000 points already I know the following visit the coupon will come to me.

But be aware, there's no point in checking your points and expecting to see say 6000 - it doesn't work like that. As soon as you go over the 5000 threshold a voucher is allocated and the points show the carry forward amount.

just as an aside, if you check your More account online you can also amend it to save the vouchers instead of getting them whenever you reach 5000 and it also tells you when your points were added.
  • How do you check your account? Didn't know you could do this
  • To check your points go to this URL:

my.morrisons.com/more/

Sorry, the system wouldn't allow a working link in the message.

Good luck!
  • Problems with loyalty voucher 3 times this year. Latest non appearance of voucher due to computer problem. Spoke to customer Service yesterday who confirmed they are having a lot of 'phone calls re vouchers.
    Perseverance is the answer!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport