Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Yes. Never stop paying bills and pursue things separately. Your credit file will stay wrecked for 6 years unless you can resolve it with the WRT team as constantly instructed on here.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi Fraz30,

I understand your concerns regarding the information on your credit report.

So we can access your account to see what's happened, please contact us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check it's been received.

Thanks,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mobilejunkie
    edited 7 July 2018 at 11:58AM
    Not sure why debt collectors are "scum". If someone owed me money and I appointed them they would simply doing their job and getting what I was owed for me.

It took you an awfully long time to "realise" that you'd have to pay the debt. What did you think Vodafone would do when you refused to pay the £60??

If you were looking for advice you should have sought it then, in which case you would have caughed up and fought afterwards to get it back. You seem to miss one key resulting point also (though sounds like it wouldn't matter to you, even though it should); your credit files will new be completely wrecked for the next 6 years.

The only thing you can do is follow the instructions on here - which plainly you haven't done.

It seems the post has been deleted and dcas have been promoted to "complete vermin".
  • Jcjcjc333
    Jcjcjc333 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Vodafone claiming I owe them £1500 for unpaid amount + early termination fee.

Tried to resolve with them but told me they sold my debt to some dca..

The address they have for me is no longer current as im living abroad, so I figured im just gonna brush it under the carpet and ignore them completely. No skin off my nose.

I dont care for my credit score so whats the worst that can happen? I know that dcas are complete vermin and no attempt to negotiate with them should ever be made or you will end up regretting it.

If they do issue court papers and im on the other side of the world, whats likely to happen?
  • mobilejunkie
    edited 7 July 2018 at 1:12PM
    I have already suggested about the only course of action to you which may have some success, but that was a waste of time. More generally, don't get yourself into debt in the first place and don't blame the people who you owe money to for your own stupidity. Treat people with respect and allow them to do their jobs - even if it involves collecting money from you which you have reneged on.

As for your particular situation, the only advice (since you ignored the part relevant to you) would be for the debt collectors. Trash your credit records (already done) and wait for the chance to sue should you ever reappear in the UK any time in the next years years!

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Jcjcjc333 wrote: »

My debt is a result of a contract which was missold to me under false pretences and promises by an evil corporation.

Yet you happily used the services?
  • Jcjcjc333
    Jcjcjc333 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2018 at 10:51AM
    Nope. I barely used the services as I was repeatedly informed that I could use them abroad indefinitely.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • mobilejunkie
    edited 7 July 2018 at 6:56PM
    I'm not the one in debt for £1,500. I also have a pristine credit rating I will ensure I keep. The definition of a fool is "silly person, simpleton, person who thinks unwise, trifle, blunder". I would use another definiton relevant for you as well - steal ("secretly carry off or appropriate (another person's) propety"; except that you obviously don't understand how a mobile contract works since the phone was your property from day 1.
  • williacg
    williacg Posts: 707 Forumite
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi loughlini,

When our Customer Relations team reply to an email, it'll come via the email address you've quoted.

So we can find out what's happened to the email you've sent, please contact us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code EFT195.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check that it's been received.

Hi Williacg,

I'm sorry to hear that your concerns remain unresolved.

If you've been provided with a contact number for out Customer Relations team, I'd recommend contacting them to discuss the status of your complaint.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media

Thank you Lee for your response, however, my case is now being dealt with by Ombudsman Services.

I would however be grateful if you could advise the appropriate team at Vodafone to re-check their data, as my neighbour knocked on my door last night to deliver a letter they had received from Vodafone, which was addressed to me but with the wrong address on it.

Regards
    Williacg
  • Hodge4ever
    Hodge4ever Posts: 350 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 July 2018 at 6:53PM
    I had a pay monthly rolling 30 day contract with a new phone. I never used the SIM and gave 30 days notice and cancelled the same day I received it. I paid for the first month as per the T&Cs (30 day notice period)

Nearly two months later I received a letter saying that I was a month late and would risk termination of contract. I spoke to someone at Vodafone who checked the original notes and in their words "But due to some technical issue the account did not disconnected. So I am removing all the charges after the 9th June and disconnecting the account immediately. "

Today I receive a letter from a debt collection agency demanding the outstanding monthly payment that I don't owe! It is only a small amount so I have paid it so it does not affect my credit file, however I want to ensure that;
    1. The contract is cancelled and I will receive no more demands for money
    2. I get a refund for the money that I didn't owe.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

TLDR: Paid for 1 month, Vodafone chasing for 2nd month that I don't owe despite telling me twice that contract has been cancelled.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure