BT Broadband/Sport on Sky

Options
I've been going with circles on this with BT trying to get my price to a level I think is reasonable.

My broadband contract ended a few months ago at which point the price rocketed, though the sport via Sky was still included.

I called to renegotiate and the best I was offered was £37.99pm. This is more than competitors but still acceptable for the convenience of having the sport via Sky. Not realising at the time that others now offer it (my mistake if it has been for a while). Also, my reference being plusnet which offers fibre broadband and BT sport on sky for £37.50pm.

What I didn't realise was that the sport was no longer included in the broadband price so I'm being charged an extra £12pm for that which was about the same as before!

Back on the phone to BT, I've been offered a new 18 month contract for sport at £6pm which is better and can re-contract broadband so they end at the same time. Worth it so they finish together.

However, just before agreeing I had the T&Cs spiel, the agent mentioned there is no cooling off period for the sport as it is via Sky. I queried this - how can that be true? I was told it was something to do with the function but didn't really understand so said I needed to think before agreeing.

Ultimately I want to leave BT to get a better deal which is now possible, and have found the customer service not great in that each time I speak with BT something is missed/not explained/not understood and I end up in the same position or worse with a new, longer contract.

My main question - can there be no cooling off period on the BT Sport via Sky?

Is there anything else I can do to to leave BT or get a decent price?

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think they mean no cooling off on Sky Sport as its an existing service not a new service.

BT Sport on Sky TV current price £29.99 pm .+ Sky cost .

BT Sport on Sky with BT bb 50 meg inc line rental £51 .99 pm
  • CptBlack
    CptBlack Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, possibly but it's a new 18 month contract purely on BT Sport - surely that means there must be a cooling off period.

JJ_Egan wrote: »
    I think they mean no cooling off on Sky Sport as its an existing service not a new service.

BT Sport on Sky TV current price £29.99 pm .+ Sky cost .

BT Sport on Sky with BT bb 50 meg inc line rental £51 .99 pm
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Better ask them/ Ofcom .
    Or ask in your BT members community forum .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure