What small DFW things will you do w/c 17th June?

Options

Comments

• ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 June 2019 at 2:11PM
    Options
    Hi All,
    Low spend yesterday £4 for airport drop off!
    Today low spend shop for work milk and coffee and vegetables £5 - cheeky small amount set aside for a walk and drink with friend tonight.
    Meal plan for end of week when boys are back in town:
    Thursday - make pizzas or quiche Wednesday evening - ready for when we get back from airport
    Friday - pasta w chicken for whoever wants to eat a bit(double up for Saturday lunch)
    Saturday - risotto w sweet potato, beans and chorizo
    Sunday - roast chicken w vege from market/or a thai stir fry as have a spice mix to use
    Tonight, Tuesday and Wednesday is pretty much pasta w pesto and vege - as it's just me coming home from work late.
    So hopefully NSD tomorrow
    MSE things:
    - drive economically
    - rescued culottes from last year from charity bag in garage
    - have booked car to get electronic problems checked while under dealer warranty
    - watch driving lesson videos on you tube to improve chance of passing first time
    - make photo books/cards as 'summer gifts for elder relatives' to make up for missed Birthdays earlier in the year when full of stress and introspection
    - read an interesting book I have bought(instead of just dumping it on shelf).
    - Work out how to refit young man room with narrow double bed and everything else for close to zero £ (have been following Determined's activities :-) )

Hope you all have a good start to the week.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: happy Tuesday fellow frugal pals

My list today:
    Leftovers for lunch
    Hot drink for commute
    Check banking
    Check for surveys
    Do some stretching to minimise injury
    Something from meal plan for tea
    Some quality time with DH tonight
    Check on plants outside for watering, especially those in tubs

Have a good day folks
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning day 2/3 at work - 2nd day always seems the longest! Hoping I'll have the energy to go for a run after work....

Today:

* all meals from stores
    * quick shower
    * wear something me made :D
    * pay cc - I don't know why I put this off every month?!
    * check onepoll
    * start with drawing pattern for dress - again still haven't done this! Am nervous I guess...

That's all. Happy Tuesday x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Morning all!

DMNS - it's funny the things we put off! You have reminded me though that I need to pay the green waste bin

Managed to pootle into the garden last night. Planted out some squash plants (and caught 3 slugs this morning about to eat said plants). Also trimmed the hedge along the path as it was difficult to get the bins out.

Another normal work day:
    :heartpuls B/L/D from stores
    :heartpuls No alcohol
    :heartpuls Not going out after work
    :heartpuls Gym at lunchtime
    :heartpuls Charge phone in work
    :heartpuls Water garden

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning

We are going to a home education group this afternoon so lessons and chores need doing this morning, we will need to be organised for this to work.

Todays list:
    PAD
    PMP etc
    Check bank accounts
    B/L/D from stores
    Stick to the meal plan
    Take drinks and snacks with us this afternoon
    Buy something from this weeks shopping list (saved specially from yesterdays shop) so we can park for "free" later
    Record all spends
    Only buy what is on the list
    Home educate children

Getting organised:
    Keep up with emails
    Get ready for Wednesday as it's a busy day
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 18 June 2019 at 3:02PM
    Options
    Good afternoon all,

Late check in from me as I've spent the morning out shopping with my mum which was nice.
    Todays small things
    # usual breakfast arrangements for the kids
    # gym session done and water bottle refilled
    # borrowed a large suitcase from my parents rather then buying one
    # bought the trainers and socks for myself that I'd planned on buying on my shopping trip (and a coffee at costalots for my mum too)

Still need to
    ## cancel tomorrows gym as I need to be at the school at that time done
    ## pack for ds2s school residential
    ## label up his various meds for ^^ - he can't wait for this trip and I know he'll love it but its always a worry for me that he'll get his meds at the right times(its not set times, its depends on when he wakes up and takes the med as that effects when he can first eat/drink and same again in the evening meds effected by when last eaten and drunk) and come away from the trips without it taking us several days to a week to get him back to normal. (eating at different times, midnight feasts, lack of sleep, being far more physically active in the day etc all add to the worry) done
    ## get money out of the cash point
    ## label all items of clothing that ds2 is taking - its an activities holiday so multiple changes of clothing a day!
    ## call in at alddee later for sweets for his trip and bread rolls for dh/ds1s packed lunches
    ## leftovers for tonights tea - it was yum so no complaints
    ## hopefully get a good nights sleep (I don't hold out much hope on that score tbh!)
    ## wonderweb the sleeves on a long sleeved top that used to be ds1s to make it fit ds2 - school recommended not taking new clothes so will make this one work for him!
    ## check banking

Note to self.... stop stressing, he'll have a fab time, its his last trip before secondary school and at least I'll have the weekend to try and get him back into routine! (and stop stressing!)
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Frugal Friends,
    Have achieved quite a bit on the frugal front today, despite feeling a bit up & down. It struck me when I was having a quick TV break while I ate my lunch that next month it will be a year since everything started to go so spectacularly wrong for my Mum, & it made me feel so sad. I got myself back out into the garden for some green therapy & am ok now & have been very productive as you can see:
    *Two baths from one lot of hot water. No hair dryer,,,,,,hair put up in a clip as lazy, free option!
    *Made packed lunch for tomorrow.
    *Sorted laundry & ironed only what really needed it.
    *Made quarter pounders to serve with l/o pittas & home grown salad tonight.
    *Picked coriander, lettuce & lambs' lettuce.
    *Entered a competition.
    *Mr F has apparently won a free ticket to a local gig - he's currently trying to ascertain if it is for one person or two.
    *Lots & lots of greenhouse maintenance jobs, then a few in the veggie garden.
    *Sowed more coriander.
    *Defrosted refried beans for tomorrow - last of the batch. Must buy a bag of pinto beans & make more.
    *Liaise with sis over legal stuff & general thoughts about legal stuff.
    *Update my DFW diary - intend to bore everyone about mince today!!
    I've still got a bit of energy, so am going to clear a few emails then do some tidying.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Hi Frugal Friends,
    Have achieved quite a bit on the frugal front today, despite feeling a bit up & down. It struck me when I was having a quick TV break while I ate my lunch that next month it will be a year since everything started to go so spectacularly wrong for my Mum, & it made me feel so sad.

Love and hugs from us x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ((Hugs)) Foxgloves
    1LL, hope your son enjoys his trip, but I can see why you are worried. Of course, I don't know what condition he has, but my cousin's son had T1 diabetes and I remember her being similarly worried about him being away from home. He is a big lad now though, and works in a gym, plays for a local football team, very into his sport and still T1 diabetic. He is getting married soon :)
    Well, it is wet and horrible here today again :(
    Up early after a fairly rubbish night's sleep, but determined to get some stuff done, so cleaned the first floor, changed bed etc :)
    DD came round with little GS this afternoon, so I played with him :)
    Went shopping, not much needed (got some nice ham reduced though :)), posted some ebay parcels...
    And got a call from the hospital bringing my surgery forward to next Monday :eek: Assuming of course, that it isn't cancelled and I don't get the cold that has been going round my family before then :cool:
    Lunch was bits from the fridge, and we are having a Nigel Slater dish of sausages, lentils etc for dinner
    Hoping for a better night's sleep tonight and no rain tomorrow!!
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I made Foxgloves naan bread to accompany our dinner tonight, such a brilliant recipe for last minute naan.

1LL I think you are being incredibly brave and being such a wonderful Mum to not let your own worries stand in the way of ds' opportunities. It sounds like you will need to put a routine in place the second he returns.

Foxgloves hugs
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts