Veterans Oyster card (free travel around london)

sarah1972
sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
edited 2 July 2019 at 6:12PM in Freebies (no spend required)
https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/free-and-discounted-travel/veterans-oyster-photocard?intcmp=54722

Benefits
Free travel at anytime on bus, Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground and TfL Rail
Free travel on most National Rail services in London
Discounted fares on the Emirates Air Line
Discounted fares on River Services

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 2 Jul:

Veterans of the armed forces, widowers and dependants receiving payments from the War Pensions scheme or Armed Forces Compensation Scheme can apply for a free Veterans Oyster Card, providing free and discounted travel in London. You’ll need to provide a passport-style photo, a photocopy of your ‘Awards Notification’ as well as an application form which you can get by phoning TFL on 0343 222 1234. For more information, see the TFL website, and for other offers, see our Armed Forces discounts page.

Big thanks to Sarah1972 for the spot! [purplesignup][/purplesignup]
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• slbhill
    slbhill Posts: 5,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for posting.

You can get a Veterans Oyster photocard if you:
      Receive ongoing payments under the War Pensions Scheme in your name. This includes widows, widowers and dependants
      Receive Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme in your name. This includes widows, widowers and dependants

Ongoing payments are awarded to service personnel who've sustained a certain level of physical or psychological injury in the line of duty. If you received a one-off gratuity payment instead, you can't get a Veterans Oyster photocard.

You also can't get a Veterans Oyster photocard if you're eligible for a 60+ London Oyster photocard or Freedom Pass and you live in a London borough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure