The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Cherries!

Murphybear
Murphybear Posts: 7,256
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
Forumite
Our Lidl has got its first batch of fresh cherries in. At only £4.99 kg a lovely treat. I bought a bag, unfortunately they didn’t last very long :rotfl:

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Murphybear wrote: »
    Our Lidl has got its first batch of fresh cherries in. At only £4.99 kg a lovely treat. I bought a bag, unfortunately they didn’t last very long :rotfl:
    They've gone down in price then, last week they were £5.99/kg in my local store. They were also bright red, I prefer a near-black cherry myself.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    from today (6th) until 19th June Aldi have 200g of cherries in the Super 6 for 89p so £4.45 a kilo.
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    from 11th June Tesco will have an offer for 200g of cherries for 79p
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,903
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The most expensive jam I ever made was Nostradamus' cherry jam but he was absolutely right that the colour is fit for royalty & it tasted pretty good too.

I have to have eaten two pounds of cherries before I can make jam though. Husband thought a nice bag would be a treat over a few days. Several minutes later, machine gun rattling noise, scrunch of folding paper & ah. Not days. Minutes.

He still buys me the occasional small portion!
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I loooovvve cherries but why are they so expensive compared to other imported fruits

On holibobs in Turkey one year the family were taken into the back of the cherry sellers hut, given some sweet tea and then we purchased a full carrier bag of cherries for 2 Euros, lasted for days, me and the kids ate every single one and it's still remarked on to this day as to the price we paid
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,491
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    We're off to Turkey tomorrow. We eat loads of cherries while we're there. Dark, juicy and delicious and about a quarter of the price that they are here. :D:drool:
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    We're off to Turkey tomorrow. We eat loads of cherries while we're there. Dark, juicy and delicious and about a quarter of the price that they are here. :D:drool:
    The best cherries I've ever eaten were in Syria. Divine!

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,903
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    <adds travel to stuff self with cherries to bucket list>
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    Currently enjoying some beautiful cherries from Waitrose. Yum!

(Not cheap but worth it).

• jjhdee
    jjhdee Posts: 65
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Now I'm craving for some cherries... you guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure