IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Newcastle Airport Fine

Hi,

I recently received a parking fine at Newcastle Airport. I stopped as my friend had come out of the airport and onto the road. She shoved her case in the car, I then turned round and came out. See below. (I'm not sure how I attach a picture so you can see the photo they took? Should I appeal, or just ignore it?
Thanks
We have issued Parking Charge Notice (PCN) 312058 to you as the registered keeper of the above vehicle because it was observed on the 6th May 2018 at 08:57 in breach of the byelaws at 1315 - Roads surrounding Newcastle Airport, Woolsington that we are authorised to enforce. This charge is issued pursuant to the Newcastle International Airport Byelaws 2009 as referred to on the signage on the site. The registered keeper is liable to pay the parking charge for any contravention. We will accept E60.OO as full and final settlement of the parking charge if payment is received within 14 days of this letter. If payment is not received within 14 days then the full payment of EIOO.OO will be required and payment must be made within 28 days.
We have requested your details from DVLA as the registered keeper of the vehicle, through the Reasonable Cause criteria of pursuing an outstanding parking charge. The reason we issued a PCN to the vehicle is as follows: 6.3 - Parking in Prohibited Area
If payment is not received within 28 days additional costs may be incurred and legal proceedings may be commenced to recover the amount outstanding from the Registered Keeper along with the additional sums legally recoverable and interest.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    UK Parking Patrol Office?

Deal with it as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, using the initial appeal template. You now need to do some thorough reading to understand the game in which you are now ensnared.

As UKPPO are IPC AOS Operators, there is no easy solution, other than to make the initial appeal, then ignore anything that comes from them or their debt collectors other than a LBC or MCOL (see NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #5 for acronyms). They have 6 years to pursue this through the small claims court.

https://padi.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203755671-UK-Parking-Patrol-Office

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/UK_Parking_Patrol_Office.html

UKPPO are not particularly litigious - but we can't forecast what their behaviour might be 6 years in advance.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It's byelaws. Search the forum for Indigo byelaws. Essentially what you do is play mail ping pong for 6 months. They only have 6 months to prosecute for this.

Asking questions repeatedly has seen posters achieve a time out with relative ease. Appeal then every month ask why you can't have an independent appeal. Then ask them to explain what they mean.

It's pretty easy to ask a question a month.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    for further reference, also search for Liverpool john lennon airport no stopping byelaw ppc.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • WendyJo
    WendyJo Posts: 31 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for the quick replies

It was UKPPO and also mentions byelaws. So should I use the initial newbies template post and keep it going for over 6 months asking various questions etc?
  • Umkomaas
    WendyJo wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick replies

It was UKPPO and also mentions byelaws. So should I use the initial newbies template post and keep it going for over 6 months asking various questions etc?

Yep. Leave every letter/email as late as possible to drag this out. So send your initial appeal around day 19, then take around 2 weeks to respond to any UKPPO communication to drag out the time. Just ask one question at a time, not a long list of them, to assist in getting to the 6 months point.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• WendyJo
    I sent the appeal from the newbies thread today, but stupidly missed the appeal time - thinking it was 28 days. I received this reply - what now?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your communication regarding the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Please be advised that the time in which to submit a challenge has now expired and access to the Independent Appeals Service is no longer available.

However, in order to resolve the matter, I will offer the following comments as to why this PCN was correctly issued and is still payable:

The site in question is subject to terms and conditions, which are stated on signs throughout the area. Those signs clearly state: !!!8220;No Stopping/Parking/Loading/Unloading In This Area!!!8221;.

On 06/05/2018 the vehicle was captured via CCTV footage loading/unloading whilst stationary is a clearly signed restricted area.

Please be advised that our privacy policy can be found on the appeals form you filled in and it was also added to the notices at the site on the 24th May 2018, to comply with GDPR.
  • Umkomaas
    I sent the appeal from the newbies thread today, but stupidly missed the appeal time - thinking it was 28 days.

Did you not read my advice in the post immediately before your latest?
    So send your initial appeal around day 19

But in any case, your appeal would have been rejected. So now you just have to ignore anything that comes from them, unless they threaten prosecution under byelaws - come back if they do.

• WendyJo
    I did, but totally missed the deadline... OK, cheers will do.
  • WendyJo
    edited 20 June 2019 at 10:56AM
    Hi,

An update to Above

I have now received a letter from BWLegal

See below

Shall I still ignore this one or is it LBC?

We have been instructed by UK Parking Patrol OfT1ce Limited in relation to the Balance Due for the above Parking Charge Notice ("PCN").

For the avoidance of doubt, the Balance Due includes the EIOO.OO PCN charge plus Our Client's initial legal costs of C60.00. Our Clientis terms and conditions (including the provision to recover legal costs) are clearly displayed on signs throughout the location which forms pan of Our Client's area of control. On 6 May 2018, you were responsible for a vehicle which breached the above terms and conditions and are therefore liable to pay the PCN.

As you have failed to make a payment or raise a valid appeal within 28 days from the date of the PCN, the Balance Due remains outstanding and we require payment in filll within 14 days from the date of this letter. Il'you fail to make payment or provide reasons for non-payment within the specified timeframe, we will seek Our Client's instructions to conunence legal proceedings against you 1n the form of a County Court Claim Form in the County Court, which may result in you receiving a Letter of Claim pursuant to the Pre-action Protocol for Debt Claims as contained within the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR).

County Court Proceedings

In the event County Court prococdings are issued you rnay be liable for Court fees, further solicitors' costs and statutory interest. Should we successfully obtain a County Court Judgment ("CCJ"), this may have a cletrimental effect on your future creditworthiness and employability. Our Client also reserves the right to commence enforcement proceedings against you for recovery of the Balance Due.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    The site in question is subject to terms and conditions, which are stated on signs throughout the area.

No, they have stated themselves that bye-laws apply. Bye laws prosecutions are dealt with in Magistrates Courts, not County Courts, they cannot mix and match.

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback