Harewood Associates

Comments

• They are 6/7 months behind paying out on a 12month month project - Fairway view. Peter who is supposed to be incharge is never around and their head office doesn't have a straight answer to why these returns haven't been paid.
    O sorry they do its excuse after excuse!!!

DONT INVEST - STAY CLEAR, if something seems to good to be true it normally is!
  • Have you been paid out?
  • emmaL12
    emmaL12 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 10 February 2016 at 3:07PM
    Would not touch this company with a bargepole.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • I have been doing a lot of research over past few days on Harewood. Looked at all their Fully subscribed / completed deals and searching via zoopla & rightmove land registry info sales of properties in those postcodes.

Funny thing is apart from Hapsford Hall development am not finding sold properties. I have found company called Hapsford Hall Ltd Companies House Registration No 08704428 incorporated 24 Sep 2013 and dissolved via voluntary strike off 8 Sep 2015 with same registered address as Harewood.

I have also done a lot of searching on companies registered at Harewood address on under names of those Directors (current and ex Harewood Associates Ltd) and found 10 so far that have been dissolved and several that are listed as dormant. if anyone is interested in info, happy to share names of companies together with companies house registration no's and you can have a look for yourselves.

Hapsford Hall: all properties are listed as sold (from land registry info) - sale prices achieved are approx £120,000 less than projected. I obviously have no idea whether their projection of costs was achieved so it is impossible to glean whether this project did make a profit. Property sales are listed as being between Nov 14 and Apr 15. Whether any investors ever got or made any money again unknown.

Harewoods glossy literature and website certainly suggest that they are experts in their field with plenty of experience, but I am wondering where this is as there just doesn't seem to be evidence from Land Registry or Companies House that these people have the success the claim.

It is interesting that none of their PDF's on any of the developments have dates at all. I have researched: The Knoll, The Green, Bottomley Lock, Hulme Hall (currently on market at £2.5m), Fairway View, Hapsford Hall, Lakeside, Woodland Rise and Heron Reach.

If anyone has any further info would be very interested to hear. Please Private Message me if you don't wish to post info on here.

Many thanks
  • Something else that is interesting:

2014 Accounts gained from a company check site appear to show the following (rounded) figures for Harewood Associates Ltd Companies House registration no 07467243

Cash £2.1 m Net Worth £110,200 Assets £2.4m and LIABILITIES a whopping £7.9m

There was another Harewood Associates Ltd, registered address 24 Anemone Drive, Haslingden BB$ 6NJ - listed as buy and sell real estate as current company. Whether any connection but this was incorporated on 15/07/02 and shut down 02/11/04.
  • Stay clear!!
  • Barry_millgate
    Barry_millgate Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 10 February 2016 at 3:11PM
    on my research I will not be investing the (text removed by MSE Forum Team) family seem to be reknown in the press and on TV.

The boom: a field day for spivs and shark-
    Paul Charity: Applauds jail sentence handed to (text removed by MSE Forum Team)
    By The PMA Team 14-Jul-2011
    Last updated on 20-Jun-2013 at 17:41 GMT

It's good to see justice arrive on (text removed by MSE Forum Team) doorstep, writes Publican's Morning Advertiser editor, The PMA Team.

The boom: a field day for spivs and sharks

Every decade or so, a collective madness descends upon the property market. The symptoms become so widespread that, at times, it seems almost no one is immune — not individuals, companies nor banks. The prevailing belief is that property is a one-way bet, despite the evidence across the decades of boom and bust.

At one stage, five or so years ago, one in seven new properties in the UK was being bought by investors of Inside Track, a company that claimed "special expertise" in buy-to-let investments and charged people £10,000 up front to attend seminars where its snake-oil salesmen dished out spurious insights.

For two or three years at the top of the market, premiums were being paid for leased pubs that were way too high, draining licensees of capital better spent on the business itself. Seasoned property investors piled into the acquisition of tranches of pubs at 11 or even 12 times earnings, way above the historic average of around eight times. And banks, which should know better, queued up to finance these deals. In the case of Lloyds Bank and Admiral Taverns, the outcome a few years later was a £600m writedown, a pretty quick way of halving the bank's money.

The collective madness was particularly noticeable at the public auction market, where gullible investors were ready buyers of over-priced freehold property. It was a field day for sharks and spivs. The (text removed by MSE Forum Team) family, based in the north-west, loved auctions. (Text removed by MSE Forum Team) generated around £160m at the pub auction market with his Provence vehicle, which sold over-priced freehold pubs to mug investors. The company came crashing down in 2006 shortly after (text removed by MSE Forum Team) London & Edinburgh Swallow Group, another company that developed a taste for the easy pickings of the auction market, toppled over.

Last week (text removed by MSE forum Team), was jailed for three years for defrauding investors in deals exceeding £1.3m. (text removed by MSE forum Team) deceived investors in auctions in 2005 by promoting his S-Mart convenience stores as profitable freehold investments when very little trading was actually being done. Before and during 2005, his company purchased more than 50 low-value commercial retail properties across the country and created 20-year commercial leases to S-Mart for the properties before selling on the freeholds at auction. (Text removed by MSE forum Team) also entered the pub business for a while with a company, Penny Lodge Developments, which, like his brother (text removed by MSE forum Team) Provence, was buying freehold pubs and trying to sell them for big profits at auction, thanks to inflated rents. Thankfully, Penny Lodge was short-lived.

Provence was a slightly different kettle of fish. This, in my view, was a legal scam — just a really poor investment. But as with Inside Track investors, the 'madness' blinded many to the absurd amount of risk involved. The Morning Advertiser did its level best to expose the shortcomings of the Provence and Penny Lodge business models at the time. (It was heart-breaking to meet Provence's naive tenants as they lost money at record speed in the company's massively over-rented pubs.) It's good to see justice arrive on the (text removed by MSE forum Team) doorstep.
  • This company really are builders from hell! I drove to two sites allegedly completed by Harewood Associates as I was thinking of investing some time ago only to be swamped by unhappy house purchasers thinking I worked for the company. Unbelievable that Sherwood Homes and Harewood Associates let this happen and are still permitted to build houses to this poor standard. After my findings I will definitely not be investing.
  • If you really like losing money and having a truly miserable experience, go ahead.
    When things start to go wrong and you are stuck with substandard, unsellable buildings you will receive no help from any regulators and even less from Harewood.
    I'm glad to see that these scumbags have been rumbled by so many people in these posts.
  • How do I private message you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport