Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 27th Sep 11, 9:30 AM
    • 6,972Posts
    • 19,833Thanks
    Doc N
    Solar energy - e.on (and other) Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?
    • 27th Sep 11, 9:30 AM
    Solar energy - e.on (and other) Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences? 27th Sep 11 at 9:30 AM
    Most people who've installed solar panels in the last 18 months or so will be claiming Feed-in tariff payments from electricity suppliers.

Some suppliers are paying fairly quickly after the claim goes in - but some aren't. E.on, for example, used to pay within a few days but are now delaying payments for up to a month.

Great for companies' cashflow - but not for the individuals claiming.

Experiences with various companies shared here would be useful in helping people to decide which company to go with - and whether to switch away from companies that delay payments due.
    Last edited by Doc N; 16-07-2012 at 6:25 PM.
Page 3
    • kittie
    • By kittie 12th Dec 11, 12:18 PM
    • 12,444 Posts
    • 79,059 Thanks
    kittie
    good energy are now rolling along very nicely and providing regular quarterly payments. I get an e mail to provide the fit reading and then an e mail on receipt of the reading. A few hiccoughs to start with, when it seemed chaotic but it has settled into a nice pattern and I am happy
    • KevinG
    • By KevinG 13th Jan 12, 10:04 AM
    • 1,546 Posts
    • 4,449 Thanks
    KevinG
    Scottish Power continues to impress with its payment speed. Readings (2 different FiTs) telephoned on 4th January, the first working day after the massive Scottish Hogmanay holiday, money in the bank today, 9 days later.
  • stellarbelz
    Scottish Power
    First FITS payment came through with no problem within the week maybe because I used the wrong email address and contacted the "help" email and they pushed it through.

This time, I submitted on the 5th January and still waiting. I did send a reminder email to the "help" people but they were harping on the 28 days thing.

Taking into account my credit with them of 340 and my reading going in today of 220, my FITS payment of approx 100, this puts Scottish Power into a good cash position if all customers reflect the above.

There should be a complaints procedure to get our FITs payments back quicker. As someone else said: How long does it take to figure a payment out? I did the above in about 3 minutes.

It is sharp practice holding on to cold hard cash from customers. They are supposed to give you an interest on anything over 300 +, but I never get to see it in my accounting with Scottish Power.
    • KevinG
    • By KevinG 18th Jan 12, 10:51 AM
    • 1,546 Posts
    • 4,449 Thanks
    KevinG
    First FITS payment came through with no problem within the week maybe because I used the wrong email address and contacted the "help" email and they pushed it through.

This time, I submitted on the 5th January and still waiting. I did send a reminder email to the "help" people but they were harping on the 28 days thing.
    Originally posted by stellarbelz
    I have found the email service inconsistent. I strongly advise you to telephone the readings through on 0141 568 6806.
  • stellarbelz
    Fits payments
    Much obliged, KevinG. I will try that next time. I have just sent an email to Scottish Power telling them I am unhappy about the time it takes to settle the FITS payments. I will keep you informed of what they say.
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 18th Jan 12, 7:51 PM
    • 13,241 Posts
    • 12,302 Thanks
    jimjames
    Just received confirmation from British Gas that my FITs are now all setup. The application was submitted on 21 November so thats nearly 2 months to get it sorted. They've requested a reading on 21 Feb and then every 3 months which implies it is down to me to remember rather than them to remind me which isn't a problem if they pay up quick!!
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • stellarbelz
    Response from Scottish Power
    Received a prompt response from SP this morning. They do not appear to read the emails through, anyhow, they confirm that the payment will be made on the 27th January and that this late payment is due to the Christmas break.

My reading went in on the 5th January. I am still going to get some answers. There is no reason, after spending what we all did in installing the modules, why any one of us should wait 28 days for payment.

I will phone through the next time and follow up with email. Maybe I will get 2 payments................ha ha ha
    • Dave Fowler
    • By Dave Fowler 19th Jan 12, 3:28 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 911 Thanks
    Dave Fowler
    Received a prompt response from SP this morning. They do not appear to read the emails through, anyhow, they confirm that the payment will be made on the 27th January and that this late payment is due to the Christmas break.

My reading went in on the 5th January. I am still going to get some answers. There is no reason, after spending what we all did in installing the modules, why any one of us should wait 28 days for payment.

I will phone through the next time and follow up with email. Maybe I will get 2 payments................ha ha ha
    You think you're hard done by. EDF T&C say 90 days before they pay and they stick to it!
    Dave F
    • KevinG
    • By KevinG 19th Jan 12, 4:57 PM
    • 1,546 Posts
    • 4,449 Thanks
    KevinG
    ... this late payment is due to the Christmas break.
    As you can see from my post, I didn't get this excuse and the payment was made promptly, so I think they were stringing you along there.
  • stellarbelz
    I have done what I can, I am tied to them until next year then I can take my pick. I will be watching this forum carefully. Please keep putting in your experiences, it can only help others in the same position.
    • John_Pierpoint
    • By John_Pierpoint 20th Jan 12, 8:18 AM
    • 8,248 Posts
    • 7,388 Thanks
    John_Pierpoint
    Quite frankly, if I was administering a system that pays out tax subsidies, I would be very reluctant to make large payments on an installation with no track record, which is open to fraud.
    [How about adding a few extra panels to your system for example]

I would like three months in which to identify what seemed to be anomalies, by comparison with other claims, and have my audit team visit such installations.

[We have already had reports on MSE about the panels that generated power overnight, how long before they get a mention on "Saints & Scroungers" (BBC TV) together with the Nigerian couple with 19 children and the Lithuanian couple who had a nice little side line: importing mothers in poverty for a 2 week "holiday" in the UK during which time they could sign up for tax benefits to the tune of 3,000,000)]
  • judas priest
    I to am with scottish power ,and the have paid me within 30 days which i am happy with,done mine with the email service.
    • Fruit and Nut Case
    • By Fruit and Nut Case 27th Jan 12, 8:30 AM
    • 3,982 Posts
    • 2,973 Thanks
    Fruit and Nut Case
    good energy are now rolling along very nicely and providing regular quarterly payments. I get an e mail to provide the fit reading and then an e mail on receipt of the reading. A few hiccoughs to start with, when it seemed chaotic but it has settled into a nice pattern and I am happy
    Originally posted by kittie
    Thanks for that. I've been hunting for some comment about Good Energy as I am thinking of registering with them. Has anyone else got an opinion?
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    • orrery
    • By orrery 27th Jan 12, 9:11 PM
    • 612 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    orrery
    You think you're hard done by. EDF T&C say 90 days before they pay and they stick to it!
    Dave F
    Originally posted by Dave Fowler
    Yes - EDF need a 'naming and shaming'. I registered in November and they hope to have my application processed in time for March! Then I have to wait 3 months to be paid.
  • stellarbelz
    FITS payments
    Scottish Power sent me a letter dated 24th January, saying payment would be made on the 27th. No mention of when next reading should be and so far no emails received. There was also no breakdown on how they arrived at their figure, but it was spot on except for a conveniently rounded off penny in their favour.

This was not the way they handled previous submissions. I have counted up my 90 days and this is when they will get a phone call from me. No more emails.
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 30th Jan 12, 12:03 PM
    • 13,241 Posts
    • 12,302 Thanks
    jimjames
    For any suppliers taking too long to pay I understand that there is always the option to move to a different FIT provider. If everyone left the company paying slowly then they might get the message.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
    • Hungerdunger
    • By Hungerdunger 30th Jan 12, 10:13 PM
    • 932 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    Hungerdunger
    I submitted my first readings to my supplier, Ecotricity, at the end of December. I queried today when I might receive payment and had this emailed reply:
    The readings have been processed and have been sent to Ofgem. There is a 6 week delay
    in payments being made due to processing time with Ofgem.

We will be sending out payment statements this week to advise of how much the
    payments will be, with payments made on or around 14th February.
    Am I right in thinking that the major suppliers process their own payments, while smaller companies like Ecotricity have to go through Ofgem, or have I misunderstood the set up?
    "The trouble with quotations on the Internet is that you never know whether they are genuine" - Charles Dickens
    • bris
    • By bris 30th Jan 12, 11:51 PM
    • 8,716 Posts
    • 7,605 Thanks
    bris
    Got my first cheque today from BG, reading done on the 11th, so not to bad, a good few days ahead of the quoted 28.
    • sly_dog_jonah
    • By sly_dog_jonah 31st Jan 12, 2:59 PM
    • 1,005 Posts
    • 1,211 Thanks
    sly_dog_jonah
    Spoke to EDF today and they are quoting 40-50 days for payment currently.

Our FiT application submitted late October has been approved but we're still waiting for the FiT contract. Apparently they are currently working through the backlog and have got as far as October's applications.

When our Fixed S@ver v2 tariff expires 30th September, we'll be jumping ship unless EDF have got their house in order. I'm not holding our breath here: I'm still waiting for a response to an emailed complaint sent 11 working days ago (they aim to respond in 10 days).

So please keep the feedback coming on other FIT suppliers to help us choose who to pick next.
    • lanstrom
    • By lanstrom 31st Jan 12, 3:28 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    lanstrom
    Spoke to EDF today and they are quoting 40-50 days for payment currently.

Our FiT application submitted late October has been approved but we're still waiting for the FiT contract. Apparently they are currently working through the backlog and have got as far as October's applications.

When our Fixed S@ver v2 tariff expires 30th September, we'll be jumping ship unless EDF have got their house in order. I'm not holding our breath here: I'm still waiting for a response to an emailed complaint sent 11 working days ago (they aim to respond in 10 days).

So please keep the feedback coming on other FIT suppliers to help us choose who to pick next.
    Originally posted by sly_dog_jonah
    Dont panic. Mine was registered on the 14th October and I have just (Saturday 28th January) received my contract ready to sign so you should get yours any day now.

Not happy about another 4-50 days to wait for payment. The reading date isnt until March either so its a long long wait
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,667Posts Today

6,158Users online

Martin's Twitter