Amazon Pricing error over a month after order

Hi everyone, would like a bit of advise about an order I put with Amazon.

Ordered on 12th May 2019
Payment Taken on 20th May 2019

Ordered Cancelled on 19th June 2019 and was told no payment was taken, just authorisation

Checked with bank and payment has been taken and Amazon have it.

Back in touch with Amazon and they are saying about issuing a refund now but no correspondence about this, only online chat.

Where do I stand with this and what can I do ?
Payneardo :)

Comments

• KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Did the item not arrive in this month period?

Anyway you will get your money back. These things are not instant, it can take 3-5 days the money to show back up in your account/authorisation holds to drop.
  • payneardo
    payneardo Posts: 58 Forumite
    edited 19 June 2019 at 10:21PM
    It was cancelled today as a pricing error. Apparently now Amazon have the rules When an item doesn’t get shipped within 5 days, we’ll charge the full order amount on day 5 :mad:

They wont give me a timescale how long they will keep your money before cancelling an order as well. So you could end up been out of pocket for a while with nothing to show for it !!
    Payneardo :)
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    If the item has not been shipped the money has probably not actually left your bank, it's just sort of ring-fenced (can't remember the proper word). If the money is not called for within a certain time it is released back to your available balance automatically.
  • Forwandert
    Forwandert Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    This is one of the down sides with purchasing the miss price offers on HUKD. Some you are taking a chance on with everything going smoothly. Going to guess it was the Beurer Style Pro HT60UK hair straighteners usually retailing around £30 and posted at around £5?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure