Transfer stocks ISA into 3 separate cash ISA's

I have £200k in a stocks ISA (presently held in cash within the ISA wrapper while out of the volatile market) and want to transfer to 3 cash ISA's with 3 different providers to ensure I'm covered by the FSCS and to preserve my ISA tax wrapper. Can this be done? I'm concerned that a new provider may get things wrong and try to transfer all my stocks money into their cash ISA. I could simply remove the money myself and place in 3 savings accounts but would lose the tax wrapper. Thanks

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It's possible to do this, yes - you simply instruct each cash ISA provider to transfer a nominated amount from your S&S one, provided of course that you're transferring into products that accept transfers.

Obviously mistakes can and do happen but the receiving provider(s) would be on the hook to resolve any issues....
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just do it one at a time. The first two partial, the last one full. Less to go wrong.
  • JSmith321
    JSmith321 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just an aside to this, can't believe how awkward they make this. Many of the providers don't even have the right forms to go from S&S to Cash ISA (Virgin is an exception) on their web sites. Then you have to post the form rather than do things electronically.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure