Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hope56
    • By Hope56 5th Jun 19, 4:50 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Hope56
    Leased solar panels
    • 5th Jun 19, 4:50 PM
    Leased solar panels 5th Jun 19 at 4:50 PM
    Help help help !!!
    Has anyone got advice on how to get them removed at no cost to myself.
    I can't find out who is responsible for them. Installed in 2012 company has since gone bust.
    Trying to sell my house but this is causing me a problem.
Page 2
    • Hexane
    • By Hexane 7th Jun 19, 4:28 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    Hexane
    ... if you want a final check that nobody else claims them then switching the inverter off for a few weeks should flush any absentee leaseholder out of the woodwork.
    Originally posted by EricMears
    It could, but only if they are remotely monitoring them and taking action when they notice a monitoring anomaly. Don't lease type schemes require a generation meter reading to be taken on-site to get payments anyway? It does remind me of the "meter-running-backwards" debacle where various people reported the situation to their supplier, and the supplier acknowledged it and in some cases failed to do anything about it for years. Companies are supposed to act in their own financial interests, but sometimes don't.
    7.25 kWp PV system (4.1kW WSW & 3.15kW ENE), Solis inverter, myenergi eddi & harvi for energy diversion to immersion heater. myenergi hub for Virtual Power Plant demand-side response trial.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,285Posts Today

7,729Users online

Martin's Twitter